OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jan 23 16:4728th Dec 22 17:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 am  
Jukesays wrote:
Yeah, it's Williams fault.

Astonishing today after Williams first 25mins where he created a try ,created an opportunity that burgess should have scored, nearly scored twice himself, got 3 repeat sets, made a dozen tackles and was basically outstanding - he then kicks to corner on 2nd tackle and Burgess doesn't get to it and the wall of deafining criticism from the experts was astonishing!

He put one average bomb up in 2nd half (shorrocks put 2 terrible ones in) and they're at it again, despite him putting Greenwood in for 2 tries, made another dozen Tackles, takes a quick restart after Salford fail to score over line where he's involved in the tackle amd makes 15yards, and chased his own bomb and recollects and offloaded for hardaker try.

Said on way back, I'm going to cherish his last 20 or so games for Wigan, because I'm not sure where were going to find a player who does What He does for Wigan over and over again.

Well said Jukes. We will miss him badly, who do fans think that we are going to sign to compensate for his loss? They may be disappointed! I am sure all the would be coaches will soon disappear like they have with Sutty.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32313
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years163rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 10:205th May 24 10:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:40 am  
Jukesays wrote:
Yeah, it's Williams fault.

Astonishing today after Williams first 25mins where he created a try ,created an opportunity that burgess should have scored, nearly scored twice himself, got 3 repeat sets, made a dozen tackles and was basically outstanding - he then kicks to corner on 2nd tackle and Burgess doesn't get to it and the wall of deafining criticism from the experts was astonishing!

He put one average bomb up in 2nd half (shorrocks put 2 terrible ones in) and they're at it again, despite him putting Greenwood in for 2 tries, made another dozen Tackles, takes a quick restart after Salford fail to score over line where he's involved in the tackle amd makes 15yards, and chased his own bomb and recollects and offloaded for hardaker try.

Said on way back, I'm going to cherish his last 20 or so games for Wigan, because I'm not sure where were going to find a player who does What He does for Wigan over and over again.

Some fans have short (or selective) memories. Last year when he got injured we really struggled and our unbeaten run started when both he and Gildart returned to the team.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29352
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 14:5913th May 24 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:54 am  
Sweaty Betty's wrote:
Well said Jukes. We will miss him badly, who do fans think that we are going to sign to compensate for his loss? They may be disappointed! I am sure all the would be coaches will soon disappear like they have with Sutty.

Sutton’s doing a Mike Cooper down under and I thought he would. He always looked like a guy with a couple more gears in him and whilst it’s frustrating that he seemingly couldn’t find the motivation to step it up at Wigan, it’s pleasing to see him proving that he’s a very good player. He was always a good player for us and we’ve missed him.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7740
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years86th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 13:098th May 24 16:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:59 am  
Sweaty Betty's wrote:

It's only 6 weeks ago Gildart wasn't big enough!
Last season when some Social Media "Rumour" went round he was getting pelters with some absolute rubbish

Sarginson finally gets some praise early season when in fact his game was the same as it's always been - On the other site (Which Luckily I have lost my password for or else God knows what I would have replied with) they've started slagging him again when all that's happened between being praised and getting slagged is he missed the Saints game!!!

As for Sutton - Spent 2 years on here pointing out that we had a young 21/22 year old lad who was Belting Much more experienced props around for the last 3 years and playing 30+ games a year and doing Very Good minutes (Usually 50+ every game) and the experts do nothing but slag him off!!!
Maybe he should have had a song like Tony Clubb has (Who seems to get nothing but praise) for the fans to sing then he may have been appreciated more. You know, That Tony Clubb who plays about 15mins a week if were lucky

Anyway - I suppose now he's doing well in OZ it'll all be down to the improved coaching etc and it was all Wane's fault he was rubbish when he was here because of Wane :THINK:
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4716No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years243rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 00:0229th Mar 24 17:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am  
Not a big George lover at all but can see him really kicking on the rest of the season with the close return of Sammut, I think hes just what George has been missing
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7740
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years86th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 13:098th May 24 16:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Sutton’s doing a Mike Cooper down under and I thought he would. He always looked like a guy with a couple more gears in him and whilst it’s frustrating that he seemingly couldn’t find the motivation to step it up at Wigan, it’s pleasing to see him proving that he’s a very good player. He was always a good player for us and we’ve missed him.

With all due respect mate he was Very good for us - I never saw him just go through the motions - He suffered from Scapegoat ism and just like George/Sarge/Powell etc. the Myth becomes a reality when people just keep repeating it over and over again.

Played something like 35/31 & 28 games in his last 3 seasons at Wigan at 20/21 & 22 years of age (Usually doing 50mins per game).
Kept saying over and over again how much we would miss him
Nothing he is doing at Canberra has surprised me - He's a Big lump of a Lad who's playing 60mins or so each game and can play Prop/2nd row at a push or LF and was never Bullied by anyone.

:THINK: Now remind me again what is it that we are crying out for at the moment?
(Slightly different with Sutty in that he could have gone to NRL in 2016 but was persuaded to stay for 3 years before going - so he always had has sights set on trying it).
But just never understood the criticism.
Pieman 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4716No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 201014 years243rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 00:0229th Mar 24 17:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:11 am  
Jukesays wrote:
With all due respect mate he was Very good for us - I never saw him just go through the motions - He suffered from Scapegoat ism and just like George/Sarge/Powell etc. the Myth becomes a reality when people just keep repeating it over and over again.

Played something like 35/31 & 28 games in his last 3 seasons at Wigan at 20/21 & 22 years of age (Usually doing 50mins per game).
Nothing he is doing at Canberra has surprised me - He's a Big lump of a Lad who's playing 60mins or so each game and can play Prop/2nd row at a push or LF and was never Bullied by anyone.

:THINK: Now remind me again what is it that we are crying out for at the moment?
(Slightly different with Sutty in that he could have gone to NRL in 2016 but was persuaded to stay for 3 years before going - so he always had has sights set on trying it).

theyve trained him well. Lost his puppy fat and looks proper toned
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32313
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years163rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 10:205th May 24 10:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:16 am  
When George goes, and I don't blame him, all that it will free up is £75K of cap space. Wigan will sign Chris Atkin. The message boards and social media will go into meltdown, mainly from the sat at home/pub "fans"
They got their wish with Wane, they'll get it with Williams and maybe Sarginson, who's next? Ian Lenagan seems to be the BIG target, despite the published accounts showing how much money he is putting into the club.
"Old hooker" for example on the other site doesn't believe the figures, even when it was pointed out that it would be fraudulent to publish the accounts incorrectly.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29352
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 14:5913th May 24 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:26 am  
Jukesays wrote:

I’ve always liked Sutton and as you’ve pointed out, he always held his own against more experienced forwards but I think he’s showing now that he’s always had even more in the tank then he gave us. It’s not to say he wasn’t good for us because he certainly was. My main issue with him now is why has it taken a move to the NRL to get himself in prime physical shape? That improved fitness/physique is certainly helping him but it would also have helped him give even more to us then he did.

It’s not a criticism of his overall ability or even what he brought to this Wigan side to say he could’ve given even more. It’s actually a compliment of what I believe he’s capable of.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5236
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 18:5313th May 24 14:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Team for Salford : Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:18 pm  
I agree NK. He was a very good player for us but there was undoubtedly more in him as he is showing now. In mitigation, he is a year further along in his development and props do tend to come into their own a little later than backs. That said, I think the new challenge has had a bearing on his desire to get better. His improved fitness, for example, is self evident.
PreviousNext