FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RHINO or Whino?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200618 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 18:5624th Apr 24 05:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:14 am  
lionarmour87 wrote:
GH has now said he will go with reserve teams provided the reserve team is for up and coming young players. He doesnt want to stockpile players who are not good enough

Quite right. That's what the first team's for :wink:
ant1 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1135No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 27 200222 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 24 09:5324th Mar 24 11:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:51 am  
lionarmour87 wrote:
GH has now said he will go with reserve teams provided the reserve team is for up and coming young players. He doesnt want to stockpile players who are not good enough

I thought that was our current squad building strategy. How many average (at best) players have we got on our books at the moment?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 18:1817th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:44 am  
Title should be changed to "Happy clapper/Sea lion" or "Willing to call out obvious flaws"
I always find it amusing how wanting the Club/team to be better or at least maintain a successful plan is deemed "whinging".
That's not to say all our success and the players/coaches that bring it aren't appreciated they are but in elite sport failing to plan is planning to fail.
Our blueprint has been engraved on this Clubs crest for years so when it's ignored or even abandoned then it's rightly questioned and called out.
Throughout our success' Great players and Coaches have been encouraged or allowed to leave once their time is up many even a 1 year or 2 earlier.
Ignoring that has brought us to where we area squad top heavy with has beens never will bes and a load of promising u19's ready for their 1st team integration but in to squad lacking genuine quality and leadership.
Another thing is individual performances or specific game criticism if it's sh*& I and others will say so likewise if they have a dig then again that will be praised.
Nobody imo expects or demands to win every game or every trophy but as JP used to put it the "Non Negotiables" are just that which translates into 80 minutes of graft effort and a never give up attitude unfortunately that has been lacking too often for too long now.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years5th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 23:099th May 24 23:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
Title should be changed to "Happy clapper/Sea lion" or "Willing to call out obvious flaws"
I always find it amusing how wanting the Club/team to be better or at least maintain a successful plan is deemed "whinging".
That's not to say all our success and the players/coaches that bring it aren't appreciated they are but in elite sport failing to plan is planning to fail.
Our blueprint has been engraved on this Clubs crest for years so when it's ignored or even abandoned then it's rightly questioned and called out.
Throughout our success' Great players and Coaches have been encouraged or allowed to leave once their time is up many even a 1 year or 2 earlier.
Ignoring that has brought us to where we area squad top heavy with has beens never will bes and a load of promising u19's ready for their 1st team integration but in to squad lacking genuine quality and leadership.
Another thing is individual performances or specific game criticism if it's sh*& I and others will say so likewise if they have a dig then again that will be praised.
Nobody imo expects or demands to win every game or every trophy but as JP used to put it the "Non Negotiables" are just that which translates into 80 minutes of graft effort and a never give up attitude unfortunately that has been lacking too often for too long now.

Which would be fine, unfortunately some Leeds fans have constantly whinged even when we were winning everything going.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 24 18:1817th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 am  
christopher wrote:
Which would be fine, unfortunately some Leeds fans have constantly whinged even when we were winning everything going.

Again is that criticised whilst wanting better or whinging?
99% of points raised have a valid depth i.e selecting injured players ,not using the whole bench squad rotation poor signings etc.
Also a lot the points are specific to those individual games mate and are very valid of course no Team is perfect for al of the Time but obvious errors or are for improvement are fair points to make imo.
ryano 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 200519 years285th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Apr 24 08:373rd Mar 24 17:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 pm  
We're from Yorkshire! We're moaning old b******s! Check out the comments section on ANY Yorkshire newspaper site. They're laughable. We love to moan! We don't do positivity!
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 08 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Dec 19 13:0211th Dec 19 22:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 pm  
We all moan a bit when we lose, and especially when the team underperforms.

What's changed for me in the last few years is that management really took their eye off the ball right across the playing side of things, and I don't see why its not fair game to complain about that. Some (most?) of us have been worried for some time about what's been going on - junior development delivering little, poor signings and overlong contracts to substandard players, and most importantly seemingly no real plan as to how to turn things around. The only difference is when people started worrying and complaining - some as early as 2011, for me it was when we were awful in 2016, others don't seem to have decided we're in decline until the end of last year. You know what they say about opinions....

We're quite likely going to face our third season out of 4 being nowhere near challenging to win things. Anyone who doesn't see something to complain about with that is welcome to their blissful existence, but let us grouch in peace. If we didn't there'd be no forum at all.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20177 years95th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 19:1112th May 24 07:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:

Agree with this 100%. Could change the title to "Cheerleader or realist" or many other thread titles equally as childish as this "Rhino or Whino" one but none are really needed.

Theres nothing wrong with feeling your team could be doing better, or making your feelings and frustrations known on whats went wrong, how it could be improved etc. Theres also nothing wrong with not really paying attention to any of the problems and focusing on being positive regardless of how the team are playing or how good, bad, or indifferent the club is doing as a whole, be that recruitment, retainment, coaching etc. Every supporters different and thats fine, some go a bit far in either direction, but thats still ok.

What i find annoying is when you get people saying others arnt real fans or whinos as the OP so maturely puts it, because they dare have a negative opinion on anything to do with the club.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator9088
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 200618 years132nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 11:3312th May 24 11:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Thu May 02, 2019 10:56 am  
Depends on how you want to quantify your criticisms for me.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7232
JoinedServiceReputation
May 28 200222 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 20:5512th May 24 14:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: RHINO or Whino? : Thu May 02, 2019 11:00 am  
Fans most certainly have a right to be critical of the club. But this should be balanced and realistic, alongside an appreciation of the positive developments at the club and the constraints they are working under, instead of the one-sided knee-jerkery that many posters on this board like to indulge in, usually immediately following a defeat or poor performance.

What we see on the field is only a part of the club's operations, and with the best will in the world towards those claiming insider insights, these are going to be partial at best. This makes it difficult to judge who is at fault for issues of recruitment (GH, Sinfield, Furner, Mac etc), the failings of players (ability, effort/motivation, injury - disclosed or not), and the state of team morale etc etc.
PreviousNext