FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 6 players and 2 coaches tested POSITIVE for coronavirus
WIZEB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12477
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 23 200914 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 08:258th May 24 04:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

ComeOnYouUll wrote:
If you could that would be marvellous.

:lol:

I reckon he's still marching round Welwyn Garden City with his sandwich board on.
Probably crossed out CYCLING HELMETS KILL and chalked up COVID IS A LIE - BUMPY WILL NOT COMPLY.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 10:217th May 24 17:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

48756c6c20 524c4643 wrote:
Public Health England shows us that as of 2nd week of August (7th - 13th) there were 0.44% 'infections' - or rather positive tests, per 10,000 population in England, that's using a test that gives false positives for dead organic matter (according to the W.H.O.) and a range of stuff including a virus never ever isolated described as COVID19.

To compare, influenza in last week December 2018 to 1st week January2019 (27th -3rd) there was a rate of 7.14/100k population influenza HOSPITALISATIONS ... not infections, actual people going into hospital. that's without even the massively systematic testing of virtually every person admitted to hospital and other environments that has being done since March.

You want us to compare a % value per 10,000 population (which is itself a nonsense) for positive tests with a value per 100,000 for hospitalizations? That's taking apples an oranges to an extreme. If you're talking about a PCR test detecting specific 'dead organic material' (it's debatable whether viruses are a form of life, anyway) that isn't a false positive. It's how the test works. A false positive would be if you got a signal from your negative control, in which case the test has failed and would be rejected.

Now which of those two is the greater risk which presents the greater risk of infection and potential for death, bear in mind that the death toll FROM flu and pneumonia as in underlying cause of death in every year has massively outstripped those being attributed to COVID are actually a death allegedly WITH that virus strain and the vast majority of deaths are from the persons underlying health condition (Admitted by Prof Neil Ferguson the governments own advisor) thus they've died WITH a positive (or not even that and a best guess) or pneumonia and the doctor has to by law put COVID on the death certificate?

Based solely on your set up, it is impossible to tell. That sentence is 108 words, by the way, and pretty much impenetrable. Now, I've read a couple Gabriel Garcia Marquez novels. I'm not frightened of long sentences, but I can't parse that bugger.

For the over 60s the risk right now is massively less than for any winter period, even 'good' years like 2019, that's before you even get to the flawed BS of the testing regime that produces such inflated infections and death toll attached to a virus that has never being isolated.
Or are you going to contest PHE and the numbers at ONS that even they can't fudge anymore because the threat is so low!!

The genome of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has been sequenced. There's been a big effort to get all published scientific material on the virus and disease available freely online. http://www.pubmed.gov is good place to access it. Or I can provide links to a good review and a handful of key papers, if you like.

Overall locking down and not returning to normal life is actually killing more people and doing more harm, the economy is important because with no money that means NHS is fubar'd even more than before = more deaths, no money for social care = more deaths which we've already seen with the removed/reduced care either in residential/care or the community as a whole (I know this as I work as a key worker in the community). Removing medical treatments and community care from relatives, fear of going to hospital, critical appointments and treatments cancelled = more deaths.

Locking down has killed tens of thousands of people, far more than any virus could and will cntinue too kill more people long into the future

If lockdown is so deadly (and I accept it has negative consequences), why did excess mortality fall the longer it went on? My belief is that it was because the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate fell.
Public Health England shows us that as of 2nd week of August (7th - 13th) there were 0.44% 'infections' - or rather positive tests, per 10,000 population in England, that's using a test that gives false positives for dead organic matter (according to the W.H.O.) and a range of stuff including a virus never ever isolated described as COVID19.

To compare, influenza in last week December 2018 to 1st week January2019 (27th -3rd) there was a rate of 7.14/100k population influenza HOSPITALISATIONS ... not infections, actual people going into hospital. that's without even the massively systematic testing of virtually every person admitted to hospital and other environments that has being done since March.

You want us to compare a % value per 10,000 population (which is itself a nonsense) for positive tests with a value per 100,000 for hospitalizations? That's taking apples an oranges to an extreme. If you're talking about a PCR test detecting specific 'dead organic material' (it's debatable whether viruses are a form of life, anyway) that isn't a false positive. It's how the test works. A false positive would be if you got a signal from your negative control, in which case the test has failed and would be rejected.

Now which of those two is the greater risk which presents the greater risk of infection and potential for death, bear in mind that the death toll FROM flu and pneumonia as in underlying cause of death in every year has massively outstripped those being attributed to COVID are actually a death allegedly WITH that virus strain and the vast majority of deaths are from the persons underlying health condition (Admitted by Prof Neil Ferguson the governments own advisor) thus they've died WITH a positive (or not even that and a best guess) or pneumonia and the doctor has to by law put COVID on the death certificate?

Based solely on your set up, it is impossible to tell. That sentence is 108 words, by the way, and pretty much impenetrable. Now, I've read a couple Gabriel Garcia Marquez novels. I'm not frightened of long sentences, but I can't parse that bugger.

For the over 60s the risk right now is massively less than for any winter period, even 'good' years like 2019, that's before you even get to the flawed BS of the testing regime that produces such inflated infections and death toll attached to a virus that has never being isolated.
Or are you going to contest PHE and the numbers at ONS that even they can't fudge anymore because the threat is so low!!

The genome of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has been sequenced. There's been a big effort to get all published scientific material on the virus and disease available freely online. http://www.pubmed.gov is good place to access it. Or I can provide links to a good review and a handful of key papers, if you like.

Overall locking down and not returning to normal life is actually killing more people and doing more harm, the economy is important because with no money that means NHS is fubar'd even more than before = more deaths, no money for social care = more deaths which we've already seen with the removed/reduced care either in residential/care or the community as a whole (I know this as I work as a key worker in the community). Removing medical treatments and community care from relatives, fear of going to hospital, critical appointments and treatments cancelled = more deaths.

Locking down has killed tens of thousands of people, far more than any virus could and will cntinue too kill more people long into the future

If lockdown is so deadly (and I accept it has negative consequences), why did excess mortality fall the longer it went on? My belief is that it was because the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate fell.
ccs 
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 15 201113 years169th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Aug 22 17:5120th Aug 22 16:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?

Mild Rover wrote:
... and hospitals were also better able to cope with that drop in numbers.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 14:0025th Feb 24 00:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

ComeOnYouUll wrote:
If you could that would be marvellous.

I know you and I have had our silly disagreements over time but that was a zinger, nicely played chap.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 14:0025th Feb 24 00:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Mild Rover wrote:

That's it, spoil it with proper science, that's all you types ever do.
I did enjoy the literary reference and if I may be so bold, I would wager that "The Untouchables" by B. S. Johnson is easier to follow than this fellows prose and there's literally thousands of random orders that you can read that in.
Mild Rover wrote:

That's it, spoil it with proper science, that's all you types ever do.
I did enjoy the literary reference and if I may be so bold, I would wager that "The Untouchables" by B. S. Johnson is easier to follow than this fellows prose and there's literally thousands of random orders that you can read that in.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21595
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200321 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 05:509th May 24 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Sandro II Terrorista wrote:
I know you and I have had our silly disagreements over time but that was a zinger, nicely played chap.

All in the past and thank you, sir.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 20204 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Mar 21 17:432nd Mar 21 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mild Rover wrote:

I said a comparison % of test positives for covid v influenza at same time of year this year for C.19 and last year for influenza, bother to read correctly. 0.55% of all covid tests are + v 0.81% positive test rate for all flu tests. It's precisely the same comparison!
No gold standard ever established, the PCR test itself is the standard which is utter bunk!
You also get false positives because dead organic cells are dead, ergo cannot have any bearing on infection, WHO admit this is a massive flaw, yet still triggers a positive with the PCR test, it's not rocket science.

here, go educate yourself https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/cov ... aningless/ https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/04 ... stic-test/

There's evidence that the markers of COVID exist in all human DNA
Basing your response on character/word length in a sentence is about all you've got isn't it :lol: The facts bear out that the risk is significantly less than for influenza in August last year (which is already very small) in terms of tests despite the mass testing by the millions, the number of deaths WITH a non isolated virus using a flawed test are dwarfed by other respiratory disease deaths were the persons have died FROM - as in underlying cause of death (the only way to accurately code a death on the register), the risk is tiny.

Excess deaths fell because people began to actually see to their vulnerable relatives, those already left to rot, left to DNR, died of their underlying health conditions (as per Neil ferguson's own words back in March), the excess deaths flattened. people were not dying of C.19 in the first instance. If you remove healthcare in hospitals, remove staff from critical care wards by the thousands to man Covid wards (A government edict produced in an NHS document stating precisely that), remove care in care homes and in the wider community, making people fearful to even seek emergency care, stop essential procedures (my stepdaughters friend is now going to die because her cancer treatments were stopped) then you get a lot of people dying from their underlying conditions. Testing positive post death with that flawed test, or no test at all, or attributing C.19 instead of pneumonia (again another gov edict to change how death certificates were filed in) is yet more bunk in terms of fudging the death toll and making out that most of the deaths were FROM C.19 when they simply weren't.
There are massively fewer people to die, even ONS state that the levelling off is due to the fact that people dying prematurely with their underlying health condition means a drop in deaths!
Wake up for gods sakes
Mild Rover wrote:

I said a comparison % of test positives for covid v influenza at same time of year this year for C.19 and last year for influenza, bother to read correctly. 0.55% of all covid tests are + v 0.81% positive test rate for all flu tests. It's precisely the same comparison!
No gold standard ever established, the PCR test itself is the standard which is utter bunk!
You also get false positives because dead organic cells are dead, ergo cannot have any bearing on infection, WHO admit this is a massive flaw, yet still triggers a positive with the PCR test, it's not rocket science.

here, go educate yourself https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/cov ... aningless/ https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/04 ... stic-test/

Basing your response on character/word length in a sentence is about all you've got isn't it :lol: The facts bear out that the risk is significantly less than for influenza in August last year (which is already very small) in terms of tests despite the mass testing by the millions, the number of deaths WITH a non isolated virus using a flawed test are dwarfed by other respiratory disease deaths were the persons have died FROM - as in underlying cause of death (the only way to accurately code a death on the register), the risk is tiny.

Excess deaths fell because people began to actually see to their vulnerable relatives, those already left to rot, left to DNR, died of their underlying health conditions (as per Neil ferguson's own words back in March), the excess deaths flattened. people were not dying of C.19 in the first instance. If you remove healthcare in hospitals, remove staff from critical care wards by the thousands to man Covid wards (A government edict produced in an NHS document stating precisely that), remove care in care homes and in the wider community, making people fearful to even seek emergency care, stop essential procedures (my stepdaughters friend is now going to die because her cancer treatments were stopped) then you get a lot of people dying from their underlying conditions. Testing positive post death with that flawed test, or no test at all, or attributing C.19 instead of pneumonia (again another gov edict to change how death certificates were filed in) is yet more bunk in terms of fudging the death toll and making out that most of the deaths were FROM C.19 when they simply weren't.
There are massively fewer people to die, even ONS state that the levelling off is due to the fact that people dying prematurely with their underlying health condition means a drop in deaths!
Wake up for gods sakes
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 10:217th May 24 17:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Wake up for gods sakes

Thank you for sharing the links - they explain a lot about how you came to your conclusions. It is an online world I have heard of but not seen before. While it holds a certain scary fascination, I’ll stick with more traditional sources of evidence and interpretation.

Wake up for gods sakes

Thank you for sharing the links - they explain a lot about how you came to your conclusions. It is an online world I have heard of but not seen before. While it holds a certain scary fascination, I’ll stick with more traditional sources of evidence and interpretation.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 16 200321 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jul 21 17:133rd Jun 21 10:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The referee's indecision is final

Well thank christ there's a rugby match coming soon
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21595
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200321 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 05:509th May 24 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Catalans v Leeds on Monday 7th has been postponed due to the Dragons being quarantined.

It's going to be a real issue fitting all these rearranged games in should there be any more clubs with positive tests.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
giddyupoldfe
6m
Bradford next
Start@1873
11m
2024 Squad Latest Update