FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hull v Huddersfield - Tuesday 13th October 17:30
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7885
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 14:3713th May 24 11:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Dave K. wrote:
Wilde 3 wrote:
I have said for 18 months at least that you cannot accommodate Sneyd and Shaul together as 2 of your 3 pivots. Neither can pass or put people in to gaps. When one of our wingers gets his first try for 14 months (despite playing a large number of games) you have to question your pivots as to why our wingers do not get the ball! Sneyd is more important in terms of his goal kicking, game management and perhaps organisation, than Shaul.

Shaul's positioning is pretty poor - look at the Gaskell kick downfield which Shaul had to chase back for to put it out for a drop out - they scored off the subsequent set. He was in our defensive line at the play the ball - why??

He also let the ball bounce twice, these use to be his strengths, but has been poor this year. He is a good broken field runner.

For me the bit in bold is where Shaul excels however far too often when he gets involved in the line it inevitably ends as he chooses the wrong option. Whilst I would say he has been fairly safe under high balls there now appears to be some indecision that has crept in to him as he is leaving the ball to bounce far too often. To be fair he isn't the only one that has been poor this year.

Connor for me is a huge talent and we just don't seem to be able to get the best out of him or play to get the benefit of his talent. He is not alone in this as how many players have we had that we just don't get the best out of? Connor has made an awful lot of try assists with his passing and yes some times they are a little off but certainly no more than anyone else and at least he does engage the defenders before passing.

We just lack any real structure/systems in our play and the fact that seems to have been neglected for such a long time in the club means it will take time to bring this in to adapt and adjust with the season as it is.

The team assembled is certainly more than capable of achieving success and should have done, had we had a coach (Holbrook for example) that could have got the best out of the playing group then this team would miles ahead of where it is now.
We lose so much ground far too often when we play the ball as we just pass it along the line without moving forward or engaging the oncoming defence and just meander forward. Same with the defence we just stand and wait for the opposition so give up the 10M without a fight then far too often lose the collision and end up losing another 5-10M at contact so teams make far too may easy metres against us.

Admittedly things have improved slightly but they need to improve much more and we still need to have far quicker line speed and for 80mins than we do.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain964No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 12 20195 years236th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Feb 24 16:1114th Feb 24 17:52LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Dave K. wrote:
Lazy? What is this based on, I also dont think he has a bad attitude (unless you no different, maybe seen him at training?) He wants to win and has passion, sometimes that might look like a bad attitude, but if others had the same passion as Jake, we would be a lot better.

I'll give you speed, but he isnt slow, he makes breaks and as long we back him up we score.

Passing is miles better than Shaul and Sneyd, ok he makes the odd bad pass, but that's trying to create something. Without him over the last few weeks, we would have won more

I really don't get the lazy comment.

He is lazy, gives up on a tackle far to easy, doesn’t have the desperation to defend to play fullback, stands around blaming other people with his hands on his hips, I’m probably underrating him because he winds me, your definitely over rating him, he’s had plenty of opportunity to shine, and in patches he really does, I do not think he’s a team player and I’d let him go, especially if we could get a fee for him
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 14 200321 years1st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 16:1613th May 24 15:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MorningGlory23 wrote:
He is lazy, gives up on a tackle far to easy, doesn’t have the desperation to defend to play fullback, stands around blaming other people with his hands on his hips, I’m probably underrating him because he winds me, your definitely over rating him, he’s had plenty of opportunity to shine, and in patches he really does, I do not think he’s a team player and I’d let him go, especially if we could get a fee for him

Shaul made no attempt on Seizer last game, but no ones mentions that. He defence is no worst than Shauls or Sneyds, but they rarely get a mention. I think you are confusing his mannerisms with effort, he always wants to get involved to me that isn't being lazy,I can see his faults, but he is certainly out most creative player after Kelly and with him gone next he is vital.

I'm not sure you have thought through selling him, would Pearson put the money back into the squad, who would replace Connor, doesn't seem a host of available players.

Trying to replace Kelly, Ellis, Nauloga and Connor would be madness.

Let's see what a new coach could do with Connor, he has to be in the 13 somewhere
Previous

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ticket for the final
Wollo-Wollo-
18m
London Away
BP1
30m
Hudds a