FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London (H)
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20168 years254th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 06:5716th Apr 24 06:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:02 am  
I am not sure it's Dunning. We were doing ok before his appointment full-time.

But when they announced it they also announced another voice in the changing rooms. One that loves a one up dull fest bashathon. I know there are Nobby worshippers on here but the nose dive started again once he was announced.

Maybe let Dunning do what he wants without big brother on his shoulder because that dross last night was not the way he had them playing. That was straight out of the 90's RL handbook.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 03 200618 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 23 12:493rd Feb 23 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:24 am  
Scarey71 wrote:
I am not sure it's Dunning. We were doing ok before his appointment full-time.

But when they announced it they also announced another voice in the changing rooms. One that loves a one up dull fest bashathon. I know there are Nobby worshippers on here but the nose dive started again once he was announced.

Maybe let Dunning do what he wants without big brother on his shoulder because that dross last night was not the way he had them playing. That was straight out of the 90's RL handbook.

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree to be honest.

But if the head coach doesn’t have the strength of character to put his own stamp on the team and allow a consultant to make the calls then again it reflects poorly on his appointment.

My view is just that the “new coach bounce” has finished and we’re back to the same issues - poor squad and a coach who doesn’t have the ability to make them any better.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31604
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years75th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 21:1412th May 24 16:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:42 am  
I went yesterday and it's clear that the fundamental issues that have dragged this team down are still there.

There is no professionalism. No discipline. They carry on like a pub team. There's no leadership and no enthusiasm. They go through the motions but at slow motion.

We needed a new coach from outside the organisation to shake things up as everyone is in a comfort zone. The problem is nobody seems to be very comfortable. The body language is awful. The team is soft all over the field and has no resilience at all.

I've seen some poor sides over the past 40 odd years but this is without doubt the absolute worst. The club is sleep walking into oblivion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach583
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 200816 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Jan 23 13:1615th Jan 23 14:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:05 am  
Absolute must for survival is for the Wood to get it right on the pitch first and foremost imo. It's been said so many times before but any decisions made now are key to our survival.Tong was reputed to be a catalyst for fitness programming and the players all hailed the facilities as among the best.A feasible plan with appropriate backing is becoming imperative and a major overall of direction imperative.Sadly the Wood appears not to have the funds which any business person would know is paramount in stopping the rot.After all the turmoil of the past few years this is not progress this is abject regress. Time to talk the talk and walk the walk for NW. We need investment.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4332
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 09 201113 years226th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 17:589th Apr 24 08:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 am  
It’s so frustrating because for me, that’s one of the better sides we have put out. Only thing I’d have changed is to keep Wallace at SR and obviously Scott (when fit). Yet we throw up that pile of rubbish.

As people have mentioned before, we need to get it right on field otherwise fans will stop coming which means less money coming into the club.

For me Flanagan Jr starts every game for the rest of the season (bar Fev maybe). And tbh I’d have a look at Jowitt/Lawford alongside Patton as I think Lilley has gone backwards this season. Maybe give Ho a few games from the bench.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7021No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years146th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 20:3411th May 24 13:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:42 am  
Bullseye wrote:
There is no professionalism. No discipline. They carry on like a pub team. There's no leadership and no enthusiasm. They go through the motions but at slow motion.

I

I think this nails it. While I don't think there was a lack of effort as such, there was no desire or desperation to win that game apart from Flanagan Jr. As you say the lack of leadership is a major concern. I think Hallas performance probably summed it up. He tried hard but he bombed a certain try early on in first half and then in the second when we were chasing the game, we did a crash ball on the powerplay!! It's just individuals making it up. Infuriating. If Dunning is giving them a game plan, no one on the field is making sure we follow it. Twice in the same set Patton and Lilley were attacking the line but as not a single person was running a line or back on the inside, both had to stop and come back.

As you said we just went through the motions and at no point did I or anyone around me feel we were going to win that game.
Bulls4 
RankPostsTeam
International Star917No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201212 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 07:3514th Apr 24 20:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:15 pm  
Agree with the above. I said at the game as always we were so flat and easy to read. Often the only man moving in the line was the man who got the ball. You aren’t going to break a line that way and we didn’t.

Add to that soft defence allowing london to score under the posts on a few occasions tells you all you need to know.

Whether it’s Dunning or the players or both we need real change and sharpish because regardless of whether we can get another win or two, there will be no one there to see it which doesn’t end well for a team with no backer
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 06 20168 years254th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 06:5716th Apr 24 06:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:34 pm  
Ewwenorfolk wrote:
I think you’re barking up the wrong tree to be honest.

But if the head coach doesn’t have the strength of character to put his own stamp on the team and allow a consultant to make the calls then again it reflects poorly on his appointment.

My view is just that the “new coach bounce” has finished and we’re back to the same issues - poor squad and a coach who doesn’t have the ability to make them any better.

Maybe so but there's no team spirit, there playing for themselves not each other and something is really wrong. They looked like a team when congratulating GFJr when he scored but it was quickly back to every man for himself.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain233
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 16 20159 years307th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jan 24 12:106th Jan 24 12:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:03 pm  
This link to MD's post match interview. He talks about some improvemnt from last week, team were positive in training, and he seemed to put the London win down to "a couple of plays that won them the game" I was standing watching a completely different game, cos second half I thought London ran all over us. It was a little like watching an interview from a different coach - can't think who though :THINK:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbulls/ ... 5604470750
This link to MD's post match interview. He talks about some improvemnt from last week, team were positive in training, and he seemed to put the London win down to "a couple of plays that won them the game" I was standing watching a completely different game, cos second half I thought London ran all over us. It was a little like watching an interview from a different coach - can't think who though :THINK:

RankPostsTeam
International Star7021No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years146th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 20:3411th May 24 13:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: London (H) : Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:18 pm  
bringbackjimmy wrote:

I'm not gonna start bashing Dunning yet, and I know coaches may say one thing to the media and another in the dressing room, but saying we had an improvement on last week is pretty pathetic. All we had to do was turn up and we would have been better than last week. We've been comfortably beaten at home by the team 1 place above the relegation on the back of being humiliated at Newcastle. If we're patting ourselves on the back for improvements no wonder we're in the state we're in. We should have been desperate to win that game yesterday.
bringbackjimmy wrote:

I'm not gonna start bashing Dunning yet, and I know coaches may say one thing to the media and another in the dressing room, but saying we had an improvement on last week is pretty pathetic. All we had to do was turn up and we would have been better than last week. We've been comfortably beaten at home by the team 1 place above the relegation on the back of being humiliated at Newcastle. If we're patting ourselves on the back for improvements no wonder we're in the state we're in. We should have been desperate to win that game yesterday.
PreviousNext