FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Scheduled Maintenance on Friday 07 June may result in downtime.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Old board / new board
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1015No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 21:445th Jun 24 19:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:57 am  
I had heard there was a little bit of disagreement between the old and the new board and it seems the recruitment was effected by this transition, not sure who has access to this page but if you do it’s an interesting read

https://www.facebook.com/groups/halifax ... 543170533/
I had heard there was a little bit of disagreement between the old and the new board and it seems the recruitment was effected by this transition, not sure who has access to this page but if you do it’s an interesting read

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player717No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years109th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 16:223rd Jun 24 15:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:24 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:

Just read it and towards the end it gets hard to keep up. From what i could gather Laurence turner is not happy with Ian croad not getting the credit for the mid season signings instead of Richard Durgan, but then someone blames Croad for Will maher been given a 2 year contract which will cost the club 30 grand for next year and even his resigning in the first place, i need a drink.
Listenup94 wrote:

Just read it and towards the end it gets hard to keep up. From what i could gather Laurence turner is not happy with Ian croad not getting the credit for the mid season signings instead of Richard Durgan, but then someone blames Croad for Will maher been given a 2 year contract which will cost the club 30 grand for next year and even his resigning in the first place, i need a drink.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9383
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 16:265th Jun 24 18:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:03 pm  
Like with anything the stories get more diluted depending how far down the line you hear them but I would take anything with a pinch of salt from a person who has been going around telling people on Facebook for the past 6 months that Will Maher is our top paid player this season and he seems to be the main person in the conversation against Turner.

Short story goes something along the lines of, new board took over and wanted a total break from the old board in the takeover but they forgot one crucial element of any takeover which is usually keeping someone on for a period of time just to shadow and show the systems in place. It would have been fine for this to not happen if the new board were bringing someone experienced in dealing in the contract side of things but this didn't happen and mistakes were made to the point that a few months down the line they had to ask for help from the old board member who dealt with contracts.

Stuff like this normally comes out in the wash and it does appear the thread on FB was started with the intention of trying to stir things up a little but as soon as Laurence stepped in to put people right it has put Richard Durgan in a tough spot, and you will see that he has not stepped in to correct anything that was said, and been a regular poster on there he will have seen it. If he backs up what Laurence says then he would basically have to admit to not knowing what he was doing which is hard to do but in also not saying anything reading the comments on there maybe some of the other new board members also could be in the dark to what has gone on which isn't great either.

What a mess to air in public.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4324
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 23:045th Jun 24 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:36 pm  
Well on the signing of Ben Crookes Richard Durgan publicly thanked Ian Croad for his help whilst he was away.

The press statement in part was.

“Crooks was pleased to put pen to paper with the Panthers. “I’m really happy with the news, I’m excited to be joining what’s already a quality squad and set up at Halifax”, said Ben. “With my years in the game, I’d like to think I bring some added experience to the squad. The Shay is a fantastic ground and a brilliant set up, so to call this my home ground going forward, I’m really pleased.”

“The fax fans have always been loud and proud when I’ve played as an opposition player so to have them on my side during a game will be a great boost when playing. I’m just looking to play my best, and contribute where ever I can and hopefully help the squad to some silverware this year.”

Director of Rugby Richard Durgan added: “It was clear we needed some experience in the back line and so when we heard Ben was available it was the obvious decision. The club have worked hard behind the scenes to get this done and my thanks goes to Ian Croad whilst I’ve been on holiday to help get this sorted.”

So as of August this year they weren’t disagreeing and were actually working together.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1015No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:39 pm  
I can’t remember which signing it was but someone did thank Ian croad directly as durgan was on holiday . According to pk 2022 companies house durgan resigned in July from his original position , I also heard croad still has a lease on the shop so who knows. It was a bit disappointing to hear them bickering on a public forum.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1015No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:41 pm  
faxcar wrote:
Well on the signing of Ben Crookes Richard Durgan publicly thanked Ian Croad for his help whilst he was away.

The press statement in part was.

“Crooks was pleased to put pen to paper with the Panthers. “I’m really happy with the news, I’m excited to be joining what’s already a quality squad and set up at Halifax”, said Ben. “With my years in the game, I’d like to think I bring some added experience to the squad. The Shay is a fantastic ground and a brilliant set up, so to call this my home ground going forward, I’m really pleased.”

“The fax fans have always been loud and proud when I’ve played as an opposition player so to have them on my side during a game will be a great boost when playing. I’m just looking to play my best, and contribute where ever I can and hopefully help the squad to some silverware this year.”

Director of Rugby Richard Durgan added: “It was clear we needed some experience in the back line and so when we heard Ben was available it was the obvious decision. The club have worked hard behind the scenes to get this done and my thanks goes to Ian Croad whilst I’ve been on holiday to help get this sorted.”

So as of August this year they weren’t disagreeing and were actually working together.

Posted simultaneously.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2563No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200321 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th May 24 07:5130th May 24 07:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club".

//www.FaxFans.co.uk
//www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk

Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/

Re: Old board / new board : Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:02 pm  
Don't think Ian Croad or Dugan have said a word to each other on Facebook, its just Laurence "PR disaster" Turner replying. Next thing we know he will be asking women to post so he can drink gin and tonics.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6376
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years156th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 10:286th Jun 24 10:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Old board / new board : Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:35 pm  
Even though some weren't exactly over the moon with the signing of Will Maher, I don't think anyone foresaw it as being as disappointing as it turned out. A huge player who held down a regular spot at Super League Hull KR.

But it probably ranks with Graham Hallas and Steve Hampson as one of the most expensive flops. I think the last time I saw him in a Fax shirt was the cup win against Barrow. All the players were signing stuff and taking selfies with the fans in the players tunnel at the end, but Maher couldn't get off fast enough. Also noticed he was missing from the Dewsbury team in their last few games. So god only knows where he goes from here.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9383
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 16:265th Jun 24 18:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Old board / new board : Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:02 pm  
What was the lad called from Cas that we signed? Was it Grant Anderson? Maybe paid 60-80k for him if my memory serves me right and he only played a handful of games because of injury before we released him and I think he went back to Cas.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6376
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years156th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Jun 24 10:286th Jun 24 10:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: Old board / new board : Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:12 pm  
Indeed, Greg, Grant Anderson was another flop. I suppose we've had a very long list of such flops, Mike Jackson spent more time injured for example, but we probably dodged what would have been the most expensive bullet of all had we signed Nigel Wright!!
Next