Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Finally given up on Sky (commentary)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Finally given up on Sky (commentary)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:25 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Whoever takes over at the RFL must surely sack off Sky when the current deal ends.

First match of the season and the stale, dumbed down presentation lingers on. The tired old 'robot intro', inane Terry ...

First set of the season and there was ZERO commentary on the play. Eddie interrupted by Terry before the first tackle, then Baz having to have his say (all the while ignoring the actual play). Compare this to the first NRL match when it is on.

After 5 minutes the TV sound was switched off (for the season) and the Proper Sport radio commentary put on instead. Miles better (even with the pictures being half a second behind the commentary).

Post subject: Re: Finally given up on Sky (commentary)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:33 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Mr Churchill wrote:Whoever takes over at the RFL must surely sack off Sky when the current deal ends.

First match of the season and the stale, dumbed down presentation lingers on. The tired old 'robot intro', inane Terry ...

First set of the season and there was ZERO commentary on the play. Eddie interrupted by Terry before the first tackle, then Baz having to have his say (all the while ignoring the actual play). Compare this to the first NRL match when it is on.

After 5 minutes the TV sound was switched off (for the season) and the Proper Sport radio commentary put on instead. Miles better (even with the pictures being half a second behind the commentary).

Same here.....watching it with no sound is better than the SKY commentary

JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:44 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Call Me God wrote:Same here.....watching it with no sound is better than the SKY commentary

That's been my modus operandi for the last two seasons, it works well for me.

I realise it shouldn't be like that, but what else can you do, jeez, people will be getting dewy-eyed about Stevo soon.

Fudge-it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The Devil's Advocate wrote:That's been my modus operandi for the last two seasons, it works well for me.

I realise it shouldn't be like that, but what else can you do, jeez, people will be getting dewy-eyed about Stevo soon.

Do SKY still do that fan commentary thing for the soccer? That'd be fun for SL....

£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:16 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

The robot titles and dreadful music must have been in place for 7 years!!

It epitomises the care Sky has in the production.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Mr Churchill wrote:Whoever takes over at the RFL must surely sack off Sky when the current deal ends.

I got no problem with you being unhappy with sky commentary but your point about whoever takes over @ the RFL must sack of sky can't be serious.

I am pretty sure you know how TV broadcast deals work. Sack off sky is a laughable comment. Where do you think super league coverage is gonna end up?

Do you seriously believe BBC will pay anywhere near what sky currently pay? Time for a reality check. The BBC won't be anywhere near in the running when the next TV deal goes to tender. Same with premier sports!

The only channel that might be interested is BT Sport.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

kobashi wrote:The only channel that might be interested is BT Sport.

Let's hope they do, because they will be keen to offer some games to FTA like they have with the other code

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:12 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Keep Wells and Carney, the rest have had their day.

King Monkey wrote:Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I noticed the try/ no try 'thing' has changed on the big screen. Maybe thats this years innovation!

Mac out!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:41 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I'm not too bothered about it overall. I do get a bit annoyed with Eddie who half the time doesn't know the rules and can't make the effort to correctly pronounce straight forward English names like JohnsTone instead of his perceived view that it is Johnson.

Phil Clarke is a bit of a tool and provided comedy value early on last night when he thought the 20 metre restart should have been a drop out.

Too be honest though, half of the time I just tune out of listening and just watch the match. Hearing the crowd makes some atmosphere for watching.

http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com