Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Are Leigh destined for League 1?



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1946
Stuffed by a team of part timers who were in league 1 last year. It’s not looking good for the pre season 3rd favourites in the championship. Is it the Cunningham effect that has them playing so poorly? It’s easy to say “it’s only early doors, they will come good” but it’s not that easy once you are in a rut. I think there is a real possibility they could end up in League 1

Regards

King James






Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 5675
Location: Carcassonne, France
It is not out of the question. However despite the dead hand of Keiron Cunningham on the team I predict that lowly Leigh will still make the top 8 of the Championship, and be in the running, with Halifax, for the Championship shield at the same time when lovable London, terrific Toulouse, tremendous Toronto and frivolous Featherstone are challenging in the Middle 8s.






Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:14 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 am
Posts: 879
Hope so. Their fans might finally shut up.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:43 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 6015
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Quote:frivolous Featherstone


I wouldn't put to much money on this group of middle aged fat blokes. London took them apart today in every area of the game. London didn't bother in the second half it was such a stroll in the park.






Mac out!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11326
Location: Back in Lancashire
Lebron James wrote:Stuffed by a team of part timers who were in league 1 last year. It’s not looking good for the pre season 3rd favourites in the championship. Is it the Cunningham effect that has them playing so poorly? It’s easy to say “it’s only early doors, they will come good” but it’s not that easy once you are in a rut. I think there is a real possibility they could end up in League 1

Regards

King James



I don't think so, your Majesty. After all, we were better than Batley last week. However, after our other two 'performances', we will struggle to top Toronto, Toulouse, London, and Featherstone (and of course, Barrow!)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:46 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7278
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Lebron James wrote:Stuffed by a team of part timers who were in league 1 last year. It’s not looking good for the pre season 3rd favourites in the championship. Is it the Cunningham effect that has them playing so poorly? It’s easy to say “it’s only early doors, they will come good” but it’s not that easy once you are in a rut. I think there is a real possibility they could end up in League 1

Regards

King James


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:






"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1402
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:It is not out of the question. However despite the dead hand of Keiron Cunningham on the team I predict that lowly Leigh will still make the top 8 of the Championship, and be in the running, with Halifax, for the Championship shield at the same time when lovable London, terrific Toulouse, tremendous Toronto and frivolous Featherstone are challenging in the Middle 8s.


Still waiting for your comments regarding the Crappy Catalans from the other day.

Or do you have a severe memory loss when the superstars get soundly thrashed.

And yes, Leigh were really garbage today






Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.


Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:You do talk some complete drivel.


Canoeman wrote: and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5525
Lebron James wrote:Stuffed by a team of part timers who were in league 1 last year. It’s not looking good for the pre season 3rd favourites in the championship. Is it the Cunningham effect that has them playing so poorly? It’s easy to say “it’s only early doors, they will come good” but it’s not that easy once you are in a rut. I think there is a real possibility they could end up in League 1

Regards

King James


If things don't change,thats a real possibility. Fortunately we have a sugar daddy,who will make sure that doesn't happen.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:52 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 1402
Even sugar daddy's run out of patience eventually






Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.


Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:You do talk some complete drivel.


Canoeman wrote: and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Are Leigh destined for League 1?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7278
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
RoyBoy29 wrote:Still waiting for your comments regarding the Crappy Catalans from the other day.

Or do you have a severe memory loss when the superstars get soundly thrashed.

And yes, Leigh were really garbage today


He's not bothered about Catalans or any other expansion team....he's an Orrell RUFC supporter from Chorley.






"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next





It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:34 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JEAN CAPDOUZE and 90 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:34 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,828,35373377,3454,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
SWINTON LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2

.