Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 2497
Seats in the top tier at Wembley have all been taken off sale. While on here were probably aware of the groupon offer, many non RL fans won’t be. If Londoner Joe Bloggs decicides he might give the cup final a go, the cheapest available from the RFL is £50. I’m not normally one for bashing the RFL but that is ridiculous when there are going to be 20000 - 30000 empty seats on Saturday.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:51 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 am
Posts: 412
Location: Not Chorley
Reflecting the complete failure of a sports governing body to carry out part of their responsibility, that is to market and promote events.
RU laughs at RL. Rightly so.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 5935
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Once they knew it was going to be a Catalans v Warrington final and the drop in people attending, it should have kick started a good marketing promotion to give a couple of thousand of tickets to the London Bronsos, London Skolars, London Schools/Clubs who play league etc at a tenner a ticket.
It should have been looked at after the quarter final result months ago.






The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:41 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Posts: 5998
Location: Hill Valley
RL fans have an obsession with attendances. I could give a monkeys, CC finals whoever is playing these days are never full houses and always look bad on tv, live with it. I just hope its a great game of rugby and we could be seeing a little bit of history should Catalans do the business.






What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 1853
Judder Man wrote:Once they knew it was going to be a Catalans v Warrington final and the drop in people attending, it should have kick started a good marketing promotion to give a couple of thousand of tickets to the London Bronsos, London Skolars, London Schools/Clubs who play league etc at a tenner a ticket.
It should have been looked at after the quarter final result months ago.


it should be looked at regarding of who is playing. we haven't filled Wembley for about a decade now

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:36 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 1578
Those days of a full Wembley for the CC Final were often back when there was no Grand Final, Magic Weekend, Summer Bash etc, hence it was a gathering place for the RL community.

You can only milk the same (limited quantity of) supporters for so much money - it's the number of neutrals who've dropped off considerably.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:08 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 pm
Posts: 334
Biff Tannen wrote:RL fans have an obsession with attendances. I could give a monkeys, CC finals whoever is playing these days are never full houses and always look bad on tv, live with it. I just hope its a great game of rugby and we could be seeing a little bit of history should Catalans do the business.



I like this point of view. We're normally too busy bashing rugby league that we forget to enjoy it!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 2497
shinymcshine wrote:Those days of a full Wembley for the CC Final were often back when there was no Grand Final, Magic Weekend, Summer Bash etc, hence it was a gathering place for the RL community.

You can only milk the same (limited quantity of) supporters for so much money - it's the number of neutrals who've dropped off considerably.

Removing from sale the cheapest 2 categories of tickets and only leaving the most expensive tickets isn’t going to encourage neutrals to go

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:17 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm
Posts: 181
Rather embarrassing for Warrington that they'll be involved in a Wembley Challenge Cup final which will certainly have it's lowest ever attendance.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wembley
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Looking through Gary Gilmore's eyes.
Jonno you really are obsessed with the Wire, I'll miss you next season, will I find you on the Batley forum?






One of the cave dwelling queuers.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next





It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 82 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,81465077,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 10:40
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
COVENTRY BEARS
v
HUNSLET
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
OLDHAM
TOMORROW 15:00
 SL8s
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SALFORD
TOMORROW 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
ST. HELENS
TOMORROW 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
TOMORROW 17:00
 SL8s
TOULOUSE
v
HULL KR
TOMORROW 17:30
 SL8s
TORONTO
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2

.