Board index Super League London Broncos Genuine question re attendances



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:46 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:18 pm
Posts: 445
Dear all,

I am not here to wind anyone up. I genuinely would like to know what the attendances have been for London Broncos home games this season please and why they are no longer published? Indeed, why is it so hard to find rugby league attendances in general this season? - they are no longer listed on SKY or BBC websites for example.

Thanks,

Rupe

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:53 am
Posts: 20204
Location: Summerhouse
Do one rupe1. Genuinely.






king warrior wrote:Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper


Dobbo Hull wrote:SAME OLD SH8T, WE ARE SH8T AGAR OUT AGAR OUT, NOTHING EVER F9CKING CHANGES. ONCE AGAIN AGAR IS CAUGHT OFF GUARD, HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO F8CKING EXPECT. PR1CK!


Redchemic wrote:With each and every post you make on this thread it is becoming more obvious than ever that you are a self obsessed, moronic nihlist who begruges even those who get off their arses to try to make a difference however small or large.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:18 pm
Posts: 445
Dave Lister wrote:Do one rupe1. Genuinely.


For asking a question? How can wondering why attendances are not published by London Broncos nor the majority of rugby league clubs this season upset you?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1343
It is an interesting question.
To be honest not got a clue, am sure mr call will have some insight.
Buy that I mean genuine insight.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:53 am
Posts: 20204
Location: Summerhouse
rupe1 wrote:For asking a question? How can wondering why attendances are not published by London Broncos nor the majority of rugby league clubs this season upset you?


Nothing to to do with your question, more the utter dross you have posted on here over the years. Why should anybody entertain you? I thought you were done with the club?






king warrior wrote:Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper


Dobbo Hull wrote:SAME OLD SH8T, WE ARE SH8T AGAR OUT AGAR OUT, NOTHING EVER F9CKING CHANGES. ONCE AGAIN AGAR IS CAUGHT OFF GUARD, HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO F8CKING EXPECT. PR1CK!


Redchemic wrote:With each and every post you make on this thread it is becoming more obvious than ever that you are a self obsessed, moronic nihlist who begruges even those who get off their arses to try to make a difference however small or large.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:57 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:18 pm
Posts: 445
Dave Lister wrote:Nothing to to do with your question, more the utter dross you have posted on here over the years. Why should anybody entertain you? I thought you were done with the club?


Well I wouldn't call it dross, it was all proven right. I didn't come on here to gloat about that, I was genuinely interested in what the London Broncos attendances were and why they were so hard to find for nearly all rugby league clubs this season.

I'm unsure why being interested in attendances per se cannot be separated from my feelings towards the club.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2105
rupe1 wrote:Dear all,

I am not here to wind anyone up. I genuinely would like to know what the attendances have been for London Broncos home games this season please and why they are no longer published? Indeed, why is it so hard to find rugby league attendances in general this season? - they are no longer listed on SKY or BBC websites for example.

Thanks,

Rupe


922 average for the 11 regular season games. By contrast Leigh averaged 3,538, Rochdale 552.

As for the vanishing act of attendances being announced/published. This happened about 3 years ago when there was a conscious decision made by the cubs/RFL not to include these in their match reports as the general "chatter" on RL forums was being clouded by the discussions about the decline in interest from fans and ergo sponsors etc.....this year The RFL have been happy to only include one clubs attendance figures in dispatches.....the mancpack, whereas the likes of Wakefield and Salfords crowds have been swept under the carpet. That said, they can always be found with the rare exception.....if you're that keen to find them.

As for this.....

rupe1 wrote:I am not here to wind anyone up.

The simple act of you being alive does that....being on this forum just amplifies it! Jog On






JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 am 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:18 pm
Posts: 445
Call Me God wrote:922 average for the 11 regular season games. By contrast Leigh averaged 3,538, Rochdale 552.

As for the vanishing act of attendances being announced/published. This happened about 3 years ago when there was a conscious decision made by the cubs/RFL not to include these in their match reports as the general "chatter" on RL forums was being clouded by the discussions about the decline in interest from fans and ergo sponsors etc.....this year The RFL have been happy to only include one clubs attendance figures in dispatches.....the mancpack, whereas the likes of Wakefield and Salfords crowds have been swept under the carpet. That said, they can always be found with the rare exception.....if you're that keen to find them.

As for this.....

The simple act of you being alive does that....being on this forum just amplifies it! Jog On


I appreciate the reply. How did you find out the figures?
Surely the act of not announcing the figures in general suggests a sport that is embarrassed by itself?

As for me jogging on, I distinctly recall you being as popular as piles back in the day!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 2105
rupe1 wrote:As for me jogging on, I distinctly recall you being as popular as piles back in the day!

I bow to your ability to be universally disliked in under 400 posts.......it took me close to 22,000 to get to your level of "distaste" and direct requests from not only the "Phew Few" clique on here who'd have nothing bad said about hughes, but also from a umber of other "media" sources who cited my misgivigs as being responsible for the decline in the fortunes of the club.

Unlike you, I offered valid alternative strategies, now being used in Toronto.....at little cost to Argyle than a couple of rounds in a local bar and a selfie on social media, but your "vile and putrid" attacks on the Quins venture were founded on nowt other than your bias.......we had more fans in those first few years at Quins than we ever did anywhere else over any stretch of time.......Hughes "bu99ered" that up...not the Union tie in you "fetid sore on the sport"....now seriously, Jog on! :WAVE:






JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genuine question re attendances
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 5926
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
This thread is turning the clock back a few years, Rupe, Listy and GF sparring again

Good god SL must be just round the corner!

Listy how was your experience last week?? Enjoy it!!






Mac out!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next





It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:15 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,808,75292977,2564,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






27

.