Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1058
Location: Around the three Sisters
Shaun Wane has named his 19-man squad for Saturday’s Betfred Super League Grand Final against Warrington Wolves on Saturday 13th October, kick-off 6:00pm.
Wigan head into Saturday’s Grand Final with an unchanged 19-man squad from the side that faced Castleford Tigers in the Semi-Final last Friday.
19-Man Squad for Warrington Wolves: John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Morgan Escare, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Joe Greenwood, Gabe Hamlin, Tommy Leuluai, Dom Manfredi, Romain Navarrete, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.
A limited number of tickets are still available for the biggest game of the season from the DW Stadium ticket office until 2pm TODAY (Thursday 11th October). Get yours by calling 01942 311111 or heading down in person. Tickets are no longer available via our online ticket store.
Due to industrial action, rail services between Wigan and Manchester are very limited. Because of this, fans planning on using public transport are advised to book a place on one of the club’s coaches. These depart the rear of the DW Stadium at 3:30pm on Saturday. For more information, call 01942 311111.

R

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am
Posts: 159
Unchanged, looks like TT and the very unlucky Hamlin to miss out.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 4771
Location: Out There.
Warrington Squad

Ryan Atkins, Kevin Brown, Josh Charnley, Daryl Clark, Mike Cooper, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, George King, Toby King, Tom Lineham, Harvey Livett, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Declan Patton, Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford, Tyrone Roberts, Bodene Thompson, Ben Westwood


Unchanged Squad for the Wire.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13227
Hamlin and Tautai to miss out for me. Hamlin is a tough one but I'd sooner have Escare as he's capable of a game breaking moment of magic, and provides injury cover in the backs/halves. No question at all of picking Tautai, wish we could sell him






Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5592
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Grimmy wrote:Hamlin and Tautai to miss out for me. Hamlin is a tough one but I'd sooner have Escare as he's capable of a game breaking moment of magic, and provides injury cover in the backs/halves. No question at all of picking Tautai, wish we could sell him


In the 2/3 games he covered for Sam recently he let the ball bounce numerous times (I think 5/6) and we got away with it. I also think our wingers are a bit more tentative at the back when He's on.
It feels like he may be there in case were struggling and were behind - And I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing him on if the game was tight last 20.

I'd have picked Hamlin last week and would again this week
Bateman could go to centre - Leaving Sarge to cover if needed

However trust in Wane and either way I don't think it will change the outcome.






Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13227
Jukesays wrote:In the 2/3 games he covered for Sam recently he let the ball bounce numerous times (I think 5/6) and we got away with it. I also think our wingers are a bit more tentative at the back when He's on.
It feels like he may be there in case were struggling and were behind - And I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing him on if the game was tight last 20.

I'd have picked Hamlin last week and would again this week
Bateman could go to centre - Leaving Sarge to cover if needed

However trust in Wane and either way I don't think it will change the outcome.

Yeah he's not the greatest defender, granted, but like you say, if we were behind then bringing him on, maybe in the halves, could help spark something. Too late now but I've said for a while I'd have liked to see him attacking at FB and defending at SH, with Tomkins doing the opposite. Obviously not something to try for the first time in a final though!






Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 974
For Tautai should be out. The other is between Hamlin and Escare. I’m honestly undecided but leaning towards a bigger bench. I know Escare can have a bit of x-factor (sometimes) in attack but I simply don’t trust him at the back.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:17 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 6897
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Its going to pour down on Saturday (a real shame for the event). We need four forwards on the bench - Escare is not much use to us in those conditions. Hamlin in his place.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm
Posts: 72
MadDogg wrote:Its going to pour down on Saturday (a real shame for the event). We need four forwards on the bench - Escare is not much use to us in those conditions. Hamlin in his place.

Nah, its forecast a dry night but a wet pitch from the storm on friday.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 19 man squad for Warrington Saturday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:26 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 607
tangerine wrote:Nah, its forecast a dry night but a wet pitch from the storm on friday.


All the forecasts I have seen it’s meant to lash it down all day and because of that I would play an extra forward.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next





It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: endoman, hatty, jonh, wigginswarrior, Ziggy Stardust and 121 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:31 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,827,8421,39777,3414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 8th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 17th Feb 19:00
WCC2019
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 3rd Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 8th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 31st Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 19th Apr 15:15
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 27th Apr 17:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 2nd May 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sat 18th May 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 14th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28

.