FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 24 - 20 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Livett Try, Not Converted
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 52 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Blake Try, Bennison Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 30 - 8 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Marshall Try, Smith Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Objection - Further Action Required by 29-9
TRB 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 18 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 21 22:5121st Feb 19 13:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"

For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto //www.swag-online.co.uk

For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto //wakefield.rlfans.com

Objection - Further Action Required by 29-9 : Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:28 pm  
Many thanks to all who have submitted objections to the Planning Permission at Newmarket. We do however require as many of you as possible to further object to the proposed solution put forward by WMDC which would seek to take a small amount from each proposal brought forward which would never amount to sufficient value to complete the Community Stadium and certainly not in my lifetime!

There are 2 letters, one for those who haven't as yet submitted an objection, and one for those that have!

Remember - you can log onto the Planning portal at wakefield.gov.uk and, using the reference 18/01169/FUL insert your objection, or you can email devcontrol@wakefield.gov.uk. Remember to put you name, full address and the date on your submission. We believe you can object from outwith the Wakefield area.

Thank you for your help - again!

Letter 1 - for those who have NOT yet submitted an objection:

I have just noticed the recently validated planning application (18/01169/FUL) for the erection of a warehouse unit at Newmarket Lane, Stanley and feel that under the current circumstances that I must strongly object.
The application has been submitted by Yorkcourt (2008) Limited who were granted Outline Consent following a Public Inquiry for this site in December 2012 on condition that a Community Stadium be built once 60,000m2 of floorspace had been built and occupied and was covered in a Unilateral Undertaking that Yorkcourt gave to Wakefield Council. Yorkcourt have done very little with the site other than the Newcold cold store which due to its height was the subject of a “stand alone” application in which you specifically excluded the floorspace from the obligation of the Unilateral Undertaking on legal advice, which I understand following Freedom of Information requests you are unable to provide. We are no nearer to the Community Stadium being constructed than where we were almost 6 years ago when permission was granted.
The Outline Consent granted in December 2012 would have expired by now but a Reserved Matters application was submitted just before its expiry but this application remains undecided some 9 months on. I note that this new application is a full application and not part of the Reserved Matters application so must be outside the Outline Consent and therefore is a new application in accordance with the Local Development Framework.
This new application is the perfect opportunity for the Council to fulfil its obligations as Local Planning Authority and ensure that what Yorkcourt promised HM Planning Inspector at the Public Inquiry and the Secretary of State is finally delivered and that they are not allowed to renege on their obligations.
I have noticed the letter from Michael Eaglestone to Yorkcourt (2008) Limited dated 6th September 2018 requesting a contribution towards the development of a new Community Stadium and a legal agreement between the Council and Yorkcourt under the provisions of Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
Whilst I commend Mr Eaglestone for his actions I’m afraid his proposal is not acceptable to me and even if agreed by Yorkcourt will be insufficient for me to remove my objection.
The proposal is for a proportionate contribution based on the area developed against the total floor area of the profit making element of the development approved under the Outline Consent (10/00225/OUT) utilising the formula contained in Mr Eaglestone’s letter. This provides no guarantee that sufficient funding will ever be realised to build the Community Stadium and there is no stated timescale by which funding has to be provided. Furthermore there is no reference to the inclusion of Newcold which makes the chance of the Community Stadium ever being built as virtually impossible. It also in no way whatsoever reflects what was promised by Yorkcourt at the Public Inquiry in return for the Outline Consent.
I therefore believe that the Council should refuse this application unless you make it a condition of consent that Yorkcourt (2008) Limited enter into a new Multi-Party Agreement or similar Legally Binding Agreement involving the Council, the Club (Wakefield Trinity) and the Wakefield & District Community Trust that will ensure the delivery of the Community Stadium to the Trust at Newmarket or some other approved site and on the same terms contained in the Outline Consent and by a defined date.
If such a condition and contract is agreed by the Wakefield & District Community Trust and is attached to the consent then I would be happy to remove my objection and support the application.

Letter 2 - for those who HAVE already submitted an objection:

I write further to my previous comment on the planning application (18/01169/FUL) for the erection of a warehouse unit at Newmarket Lane, Stanley.
Since my comment I have noticed the letter from Michael Eaglestone to Yorkcourt (2008) Limited dated 6th September 2018 requesting a contribution towards the development of a new Community Stadium and a legal agreement between the Council and Yorkcourt under the provisions of Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
Whilst I commend Mr Eaglestone for his actions I’m afraid his proposal is not acceptable to me and even if agreed by Yorkcourt will be insufficient for me to remove my objection.
The proposal is for a proportionate contribution based on the area developed against the total floor area of the profit making element of the development approved under the Outline Consent (10/00225/OUT) utilising the formula contained in Mr Eaglestone’s letter. This provides no guarantee that sufficient funding will ever be realised to build the Community Stadium and there is no stated timescale by which funding has to be provided. Furthermore there is no reference to the inclusion of Newcold which makes the chance of the Community Stadium ever being built as virtually impossible. It also in no way whatsoever reflects what was promised by Yorkcourt at the Public Inquiry in return for the Outline Consent.
I therefore believe that the Council should refuse this application unless you make it a condition of consent that Yorkcourt (2008) Limited enter into a new Multi-Party Agreement or similar Legally Binding Agreement involving the Council, the Club (Wakefield Trinity) and the Wakefield & District Community Trust that will ensure the delivery of the Community Stadium to the Trust at Newmarket or some other approved site and on the same terms contained in the Outline Consent and by a defined date.
If such a condition and contract is agreed by the Wakefield & District Community Trust and is attached to the consent then I would be happy to remove my objection and support the application.
Many thanks to all who have submitted objections to the Planning Permission at Newmarket. We do however require as many of you as possible to further object to the proposed solution put forward by WMDC which would seek to take a small amount from each proposal brought forward which would never amount to sufficient value to complete the Community Stadium and certainly not in my lifetime!

There are 2 letters, one for those who haven't as yet submitted an objection, and one for those that have!

Remember - you can log onto the Planning portal at wakefield.gov.uk and, using the reference 18/01169/FUL insert your objection, or you can email devcontrol@wakefield.gov.uk. Remember to put you name, full address and the date on your submission. We believe you can object from outwith the Wakefield area.

Thank you for your help - again!

Letter 1 - for those who have NOT yet submitted an objection:

I have just noticed the recently validated planning application (18/01169/FUL) for the erection of a warehouse unit at Newmarket Lane, Stanley and feel that under the current circumstances that I must strongly object.
The application has been submitted by Yorkcourt (2008) Limited who were granted Outline Consent following a Public Inquiry for this site in December 2012 on condition that a Community Stadium be built once 60,000m2 of floorspace had been built and occupied and was covered in a Unilateral Undertaking that Yorkcourt gave to Wakefield Council. Yorkcourt have done very little with the site other than the Newcold cold store which due to its height was the subject of a “stand alone” application in which you specifically excluded the floorspace from the obligation of the Unilateral Undertaking on legal advice, which I understand following Freedom of Information requests you are unable to provide. We are no nearer to the Community Stadium being constructed than where we were almost 6 years ago when permission was granted.
The Outline Consent granted in December 2012 would have expired by now but a Reserved Matters application was submitted just before its expiry but this application remains undecided some 9 months on. I note that this new application is a full application and not part of the Reserved Matters application so must be outside the Outline Consent and therefore is a new application in accordance with the Local Development Framework.
This new application is the perfect opportunity for the Council to fulfil its obligations as Local Planning Authority and ensure that what Yorkcourt promised HM Planning Inspector at the Public Inquiry and the Secretary of State is finally delivered and that they are not allowed to renege on their obligations.
I have noticed the letter from Michael Eaglestone to Yorkcourt (2008) Limited dated 6th September 2018 requesting a contribution towards the development of a new Community Stadium and a legal agreement between the Council and Yorkcourt under the provisions of Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

Letter 2 - for those who HAVE already submitted an objection:

I write further to my previous comment on the planning application (18/01169/FUL) for the erection of a warehouse unit at Newmarket Lane, Stanley.
Since my comment I have noticed the letter from Michael Eaglestone to Yorkcourt (2008) Limited dated 6th September 2018 requesting a contribution towards the development of a new Community Stadium and a legal agreement between the Council and Yorkcourt under the provisions of Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2896
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 20159 years150th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 07:5915th Apr 24 19:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

DONE!! TRB
Keep up the good work. Cheers!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain543
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 07 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Sep 20 15:1313th Sep 20 11:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Done
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5644
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years245th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 11:4715th Apr 24 20:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Done.
Interestingly there is just one letter in support of the project among the 438 that don't, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Would be interesting to read the said letter though to see what grounds they support it.
phe13 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 20186 years124th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 09:1218th Apr 24 15:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Shifty Cat wrote:
Done.
Interestingly there is just one letter in support of the project among the 438 that don't, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Would be interesting to read the said letter though to see what grounds they support it.

The 'support' you refer to seems to be a 'mistake' as the comments are actually an objection. Seemingly the objector has clicked the wrong button.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5644
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20 200915 years245th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 11:4715th Apr 24 20:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

phe13 wrote:
The 'support' you refer to seems to be a 'mistake' as the comments are actually an objection. Seemingly the objector has clicked the wrong button.

That'll explain then mate. :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 21 23:0220th Oct 19 21:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Mary Creaghs objection on there yet?
eric35 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain38
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 28 20158 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 12:171st May 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

server at http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/ not responding
server at http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/ not responding
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10336
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 06:2817th Apr 24 14:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

Done
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17880
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years48th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:2314th Apr 24 09:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years