Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin T. May the worst prime minister ever ?



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11478
Has there ever been a less compassionate leader of the country.

Regardless on her inability to lead her party or the country and her constant U turns, our under pressure Prime Minister seems to have no idea how to deal with the tragic events following the Tower Block fire in Kensington.
To see her screwed up face telling the nation that "we have given each of the families £500" was just plain insulting.
THey have nowhere to live, the clothes on their backs.
Not a single mention of the pain, suffering and distress that every resident will be feeling but, "here's £500".
I know that she will soon be gone but, she is a disgrace to humanity.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2475
This weekend she was attending a "village fete" and posed for photographs with some of her supporters.






Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.


Last edited by DGM on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14683
That was Ted Heath.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:07 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Posts: 6353
Location: Hill Valley
wrencat1873 wrote:Has there ever been a less compassionate leader of the country.

Regardless on her inability to lead her party or the country and her constant U turns, our under pressure Prime Minister seems to have no idea how to deal with the tragic events following the Tower Block fire in Kensington.
To see her screwed up face telling the nation that "we have given each of the families £500" was just plain insulting.
THey have nowhere to live, the clothes on their backs.
Not a single mention of the pain, suffering and distress that every resident will be feeling but, "here's £500".
I know that she will soon be gone but, she is a disgrace to humanity.


Investigations and claims have to be made and done yet. If this was me, you or whoever and our house burnt down we would have to wait an eternity for our insurance claim to come through before we got anything. Only going off what i have seen but i believe the victims are being put up in hotels for now and the £500 is just the start with more to soon follow.

What would you expect to happen? start housing the people in the empty houses of Kensington like Corbyn suggests? how much should they get, what figure is reasonable to you?






What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11478
Biff Tannen wrote:Investigations and claims have to be made and done yet. If this was me, you or whoever and our house burnt down we would have to wait an eternity for our insurance claim to come through before we got anything. Only going off what i have seen but i believe the victims are being put up in hotels for now and the £500 is just the start with more to soon follow.

What would you expect to happen? start housing the people in the empty houses of Kensington like Corbyn suggests? how much should they get, what figure is reasonable to you?


It's not about the cash, it's about her total lack of empathy for those involved.
The way she came across was like Jim Bowen giving out the "booby" prize on Bullseye.

She appears scared of meeting the victims, who should be given absolute priority here and whilst there is little doubt that the emergency services have gone through the wringer and deserve some praise for their efforts (remembering that they have their income effectively frozen for 7 years !), the only people that really matter here are the residents and their families.

Also, it's worth remembering that this was social housing, tarted up to look "acceptable" to the much wealthier neighbours but, seemingly done on the cheap, with catastrophic consequences.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:29 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Posts: 6353
Location: Hill Valley
wrencat1873 wrote:It's not about the cash, it's about her total lack of empathy for those involved.
The way she came across was like Jim Bowen giving out the "booby" prize on Bullseye.

She appears scared of meeting the victims, who should be given absolute priority here and whilst there is little doubt that the emergency services have gone through the wringer and deserve some praise for their efforts (remembering that they have their income effectively frozen for 7 years !), the only people that really matter here are the residents and their families.

Also, it's worth remembering that this was social housing, tarted up to look "acceptable" to the much wealthier neighbours but, seemingly done on the cheap, with catastrophic consequences.


you made a big point that the £500 was pure insulting, when infact if you dig a little further they are getting the £500 in cash and tomorrow a bank transfer of over 5k each. And i'm sure there will plenty more things in due course to help the victims. We are all by now aware of the circumstances leading to this tragedy, we just have to trust that the people responsible are made to pay.

I don't disagree about May, she should have addressed the victims personally. That was a mistake but she has since admitted that and invited them to downing street before the weekend.Not sure what else she can do now really on that front, it really has been a whirlwind few months on the political front, a lot she has brought on her self by calling the GE.






What you looking at?....Butt Head!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 11478
Biff Tannen wrote:you made a big point that the £500 was pure insulting, when infact if you dig a little further they are getting the £500 in cash and tomorrow a bank transfer of over 5k each. And i'm sure there will plenty more things in due course to help the victims. We are all by now aware of the circumstances leading to this tragedy, we just have to trust that the people responsible are made to pay.

I don't disagree about May, she should have addressed the victims personally. That was a mistake but she has since admitted that and invited them to downing street before the weekend.Not sure what else she can do now really on that front, it really has been a whirlwind few months on the political front, a lot she has brought on her self by calling the GE.


Agreed

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing and there is little doubt that she wishes that she could turn the clock back and do things a little differently.
However, right from the point that she called the snap election, which she had said that she wouldn't do, everything she has done has been a mistake and she now walks into the Brexit negotiations in the weakest possible position.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:13 am
Posts: 867
Just because she showed little emotion/empathy doesn't make her the Worst PM of all time does it? Nothing like going over the top.
Her job is to run the bloody country not go around putting arms around People. Let the Major and his cohorts do that.






Wire Quin at work

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 3282
Location: WF4
wrencat1873 wrote:Also, it's worth remembering that this was social housing, tarted up to look "acceptable" to the much wealthier neighbours but, seemingly done on the cheap, with catastrophic consequences.


The request to bulldoze the block, people and all into the ground to make way for a supercar dealership was turned down. The cheap cladding was the next best option.






"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:32 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 14906
Location: Ossett
wrencat1873 wrote:she now walks into the Brexit negotiations in the weakest possible position.


But fear not - in a Trump like pronouncement, the giggling idiot David Davis has said he intends to get "a deal like no other in history."

I feel much better.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42  Next





It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: POSTL, tigertot, wrencat1873 and 80 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:01 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,909,0181,85077,6484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL KR
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
ROCHDALE
Sat 22nd Jun 12:30
 CH1
DONCASTER
v
NEWCASTLE
Sat 22nd Jun 15:00
 CH1
KEIGHLEY
v
LONDON SKOLARS
Sat 22nd Jun 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
HUNSLET
Sat 22nd Jun 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11

.