RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Q/A with board and coach next Friday..
Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:42 pm  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 799
Friday 16th August 7:30pm.

Q&A

We are pleased to announce that the re-arranged Supporters Trust Q&A will now be on Friday 16th at The Shay stadium in the Investing For Tomorrow Banqueting Suite. 7 30pm.

Head Coach Simon Grix and Board members will be in attendance.

All fans are welcome.
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:24 pm  

User avatarspanishbob wrote:
spanishbob User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 2714
Location: The right side of the pennines
Could anyone who attended please provide any information of what was discussed?
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:46 pm  

SingaporeFax wrote:
SingaporeFax Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 am
Posts: 76
The silence is truly deafening. Not even a mention of the game even if the courier. However, who wants to cover than shower. Don't know many coaches who keep their job with 1 win in 11 matches. Today was a new, abject low. How can he still be coach for next season? Comedic appointment in the first place.
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm  

User avatarfreddies wig wrote:
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Posts: 2389
Location: surrey
SingaporeFax wrote:
The silence is truly deafening. Not even a mention of the game even if the courier. However, who wants to cover than shower. Don't know many coaches who keep their job with 1 win in 11 matches. Today was a new, abject low. How can he still be coach for next season? Comedic appointment in the first place.


It’s getting harder and harder to keep the interest up - outstandingly poor results and expected to have blind faith in the future being bright. So much potential a few years ago, now?
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:23 am  

SingaporeFax wrote:
SingaporeFax Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 am
Posts: 76
freddies wig wrote:
It’s getting harder and harder to keep the interest up - outstandingly poor results and expected to have blind faith in the future being bright. So much potential a few years ago, now?


Exactly right; There is faith alone. Faith being - Reasoning without evidence. Therefore, is next year going to be anything different next year? Evidence says no. When Grix took over, we were more than in contention for the playoffs but we have gone backwards, no doubt. He hasn't been able to galvanise the team consistently. There is more than enough talent and experience in that team to be in the 5 but not so much as a whimper. I said when Grix was appointed that he needed an experienced assistant at the very least. I don't doubt his acumen or his commitment but there are reasons why prospective coaches spend time learning as assistants. I really hope that he can turn it around but the pessimist in me says that we will struggle to attract a calibre of player with clubs around us that are arguably more attractive right now (Leigh, York, Widnes, Bulls, whoever is relegated from SL, even Sheffield) (not including DR merchants at Fev). It depends how long we are willing to accept the status quo. Not since the last season in SL have we been on a run of defeats like this. Granted, the team we have is ending a cycle but we are in situation now where we are having to overhaul probably more vigorously given this year's calamity.
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:55 am  
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 13012
Location: blackpool tower circus
SingaporeFax wrote:
Exactly right; There is faith alone. Faith being - Reasoning without evidence. Therefore, is next year going to be anything different next year? Evidence says no. When Grix took over, we were more than in contention for the playoffs but we have gone backwards, no doubt. He hasn't been able to galvanise the team consistently. There is more than enough talent and experience in that team to be in the 5 but not so much as a whimper. I said when Grix was appointed that he needed an experienced assistant at the very least. I don't doubt his acumen or his commitment but there are reasons why prospective coaches spend time learning as assistants. I really hope that he can turn it around but the pessimist in me says that we will struggle to attract a calibre of player with clubs around us that are arguably more attractive right now (Leigh, York, Widnes, Bulls, whoever is relegated from SL, even Sheffield) (not including DR merchants at Fev). It depends how long we are willing to accept the status quo. Not since the last season in SL have we been on a run of defeats like this. Granted, the team we have is ending a cycle but we are in situation now where we are having to overhaul probably more vigorously given this year's calamity.

I forecast a win on Sept 1st to end your losing run.
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:05 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8553
Ive seen a few bits and bats about the Q & A on social media but nothing really reported. Ive seen a few mentions about our Chairman, but who even is our Chairman now, do we have one? I heard rumours of more jobs for the boys director appointments but again nothing in the press so could just be rumours.

I were one of the few that thought Grix would make a good coach but from the things he has said and the actions he has taken I am not a lot less sure although I still think he should get mid way in to next season before it would be fair to make judgement. A lot of people keep mentioning a team coming to the end of its cycle and I am in total agreement but that is where the blame lands square at the feet of Richard Marshall, its been clear for a couple of seasons that some players should have been moved along but we are now at the point where it has to be done at once rather than a gradual affair. Four years on to be left with the nucleus of Karl Harrisons team after many signings speaks volumes so that is why I think Grix should be given a chance next season but Im not holding my breath for anything much better at the moment. Worth mentioning as well that Swinton were once again a joy to watch and play the type of rugby I would love us to play.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:01 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3747
Location: Shuddersfield
One thing I heard come out of the Q & A meeting was that communication was to be improved and prioritised. Other than that I haven't heard owt!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 am  

User avatarNorman Bates wrote:
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3500
Location: Fax Vegas
Hudd-Shay wrote:
One thing I heard come out of the Q & A meeting was that communication was to be improved and prioritised. Other than that I haven't heard owt!

:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
Re: Q/A with board and coach next Friday.. Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am  
the fax in asia User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 am
Posts: 371
Location: Qingdao China
GFB your saying the players should have been changed, moved on, whatever, have you thought that whoever was in charge of recruitment (we all know your love of RM) did not feel there were better players in the market place than at Fax,? Or would you change for change sake?
Maybe players had been approached and for what ever reason turned us down , unless you are in the know(?) and can expand on the situation, the BoD will keep their own council as they always have done.
Take your pick : secret squirrel society or mushroom management.
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.


Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax Panthers - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,183,50272278,6709,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
SL RND: 13 Catalans32-30Hull KR
Fri 23rd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Sydney28-8Newcastle
NRL RND: 19 NQL Cowboys16-20Melbourne
SL RND: 15 Leeds38-16Salford
SLRND: 15 Wigan25-12Wakefield
Thu 22nd Jul
NRL RND: 19 Parramatta10-12Canberra
SL RND: 15 Huddersfield40-26Hull FC
Mon 19th Jul
WSL RND: 11 WiganW4-12YorkW
Sun 18th Jul
NRL RND: 18 NZ Warriors16-30Penrith
NRL RND: 18 Brisbane24-42Wests
NRL RND: 18 Souths32-24Canterbury
WSL RND: 9 BradfordW42-12FeatherstoneW
WSL RND: 9 LeedsW24-0Hudds W
WSL RND: 9 St.HelensW24-0WakefieldW
WSL RND: 9 Wire W12-48CastlefordW
Sat 17th Jul
NRL RND: 18 Canberra34-18Cronulla
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 15
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 14 419 226 193 26 185.40 92.86
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 13 408 213 195 19 191.55 73.08
Wigan 15 247 268 -21 20 92.16 66.67
Hull FC 12 286 215 71 15 133.02 62.50
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 14 332 251 81 14 132.27 50
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 15 259 354 -95 8 73.16 26.67
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 12 537 136 401 24 394.85 100
Bradford 12 324 279 45 18 116.13 75
Halifax 13 358 171 187 18 209.36 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 13 328 274 54 16 119.71 61.54
 
Newcastle 12 272 358 -86 11 75.98 45.83
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Sheffield 13 285 373 -88 11 76.41 42.31
Whitehaven 13 249 372 -123 9 66.94 34.62
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
York 13 299 317 -18 8 94.32 30.77
Oldham 12 166 442 -276 4 37.56 16.67
Swinton 13 224 483 -259 0 46.38 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X