JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 16:2528th Jun 24 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Sheffield away : Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:28 pm  
Could be a tricky one this depending on who is fit sheffield do look like they have got points in them but at the same time not the best defence. I would think aston will not be able to play for them and who will play fullback for us if woody is injured i would be tempted to stick with salty based on is performance yesterday and hopefully tibbs will be back and he could go on the wing. Score wise i will go 20-30 to the fax.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4684
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 22:0128th Jun 24 08:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Sheffield away : Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:41 pm  
terry silver wrote:
Could be a tricky one this depending on who is fit sheffield do look like they have got points in them but at the same time not the best defence. I would think aston will not be able to play for them and who will play fullback for us if woody is injured i would be tempted to stick with salty based on is performance yesterday and hopefully tibbs will be back and he could go on the wing. Score wise i will go 20-30 to the fax.

Sounds about right that. As you say it is dependent on what team we can put out but given a fair crack of the whip i will say Fax by 12. Three Pigs, White Rat 4.0% Mmm! :DRUNK:
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4336
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 23:0328th Jun 24 15:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:48 pm  
terry silver wrote:

Yep another tricky one especially with the injury doubts, hopefully Brandon will be okay from among them.
There will be decision to make over who goes to 1 with JWH out. (As you mentioned a couple of weeks back the worry with him is he often looks like just one play away from getting injured.)
Joe Martin is an obvious choice but if Tibbs is back fit that would mean either leaving him out, dropping Arundel or moving Salty to fullback and bringing Ben in on the wing.
You wouldn’t want too smaller guys on the bench in Kyle Wood and Joe Martin so i’ll go with Salty at 1, Wombat and Tibbs at 2 & 5 and Worthy and Arundel at 3 & 4 with Kyle and 3 other forwards on the bench.
Gars will be available if any of the pack are struggling.
Having watched the Eagles vs Haven highlights Sheffield’s defence was awful as was Havens so our attack should have enough unless there’s a vast improvement.
Same approach from the start and reduce the odd 10 to 15 minute silly spells and we should get the points.
RankPostsTeam
International Star504No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 27 201410 years259th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:5729th Jun 24 04:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
My Humble Opinion Only - let the knockers begin.

Part quote from The Beggars Littany by John Taylor circa 16C

From Hell,Hull and Halifax may the Good Lord deliver us.

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:54 am  
Why are some again being a little negative about Fax winning, the squad has strength in depth and player who can play multiple positions.
All Fax players whoever is picked are good enough to beat the opposition, as we saw when London beat us the inference was some were only making up the numbers. Be positive and believe that SG has the 1 -17 that can give anyone a game and beat all bar Leigh and Fev, and even give them a game on their day.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 04:4419th Jun 24 18:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:26 am  
I wouldn’t say it’s negativity, more caution . Woody is an integral part of our team and is important to the way we set up . No disrespect to joe Martin but when we lost woody in the warm up against dewsbury and he stepped in you could see the difference especially in our attacking play . I think as part of the recruitment for next year I think we need to look at someone who can fill the back line positions as like another poster said woody is always on the edge of injury. Personally I’d rather have salty in has fb , I’d even have jouffret dropping in to fb and call Aston back in rather than play Martin . Martin does ok at hooker and he plays safe at fb but he’s not quick enough in attack to execute our plays switching from left or right .

P.S we already know some don’t rate Aston but personally I judge them in what I see now and he played well for us until the Whitehaven H game and he’s been playing well for Sheffield.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years73rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 04:4419th Jun 24 18:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:17 am  
What’s Aston babbling on about “ we cited some of their players “ https://youtu.be/dsHF-_NZJOM

No mark your players got battered and then tried to get dirty and failed .

Need to have our heads on for this I suspect some Sheffield players who haven’t got anything to play for might try get under our skin , the last thing we need is anymore bans .
What’s Aston babbling on about “ we cited some of their players “ https://youtu.be/dsHF-_NZJOM

No mark your players got battered and then tried to get dirty and failed .

Need to have our heads on for this I suspect some Sheffield players who haven’t got anything to play for might try get under our skin , the last thing we need is anymore bans .
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4336
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm  
the fax in asia wrote:
Why are some again being a little negative about Fax winning, the squad has strength in depth and player who can play multiple positions.
All Fax players whoever is picked are good enough to beat the opposition, as we saw when London beat us the inference was some were only making up the numbers. Be positive and believe that SG has the 1 -17 that can give anyone a game and beat all bar Leigh and Fev, and even give them a game on their day.

For me it’s about showing respect for the opposition who on their day pose are big test for most teams, Fax are the away side and as shown at London if your just a little off your game then you can get turned over.
Additionally we have a number of injuries in the team involving key players in the pack and crucially the spine of the team at 1,6,7 and 9 so there’s a degree of uncertainty how close to full strength we will be and thus caution on being too certain of the result.
Having said all the above most if not all who have posted are saying we should have enough to get the points.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4336
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201014 years71st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:22 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:
I wouldn’t say it’s negativity, more caution . Woody is an integral part of our team and is important to the way we set up . No disrespect to joe Martin but when we lost woody in the warm up against dewsbury and he stepped in you could see the difference especially in our attacking play . I think as part of the recruitment for next year I think we need to look at someone who can fill the back line positions as like another poster said woody is always on the edge of injury. Personally I’d rather have salty in has fb , I’d even have jouffret dropping in to fb and call Aston back in rather than play Martin . Martin does ok at hooker and he plays safe at fb but he’s not quick enough in attack to execute our plays switching from left or right .

P.S we already know some don’t rate Aston but personally I judge them in what I see now and he played well for us until the Whitehaven H game and he’s been playing well for Sheffield.

Whilst Aston has done little wrong with just one bad game and confident he would do a job for us the last option for me would be breaking up the Keyes / Joufrett partnership should the ankle and HIA issues be okay.
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player730No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 20213 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 16:2528th Jun 24 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:42 pm  
It is a tricky one with who is the best choice to take woodburn-hall place if he is injured. As i have said my choice would be salty and hopefully tibbs will be fit to come in on the wing the problem with joe who does try is best where ever he plays is there is a clear drop off in quality compared to woody not through a lack of effort more the lack of a running threat and if you don't have that from a fullback it seriously weakens your attack. As for aston he could come in with louis moving to the back i just think and could be wrong that he will be at sheffield permanently next season and doesn't fit in Simon's future plans. One last thing when we played them last if i remember right barber got right under Farrells skin not that it takes much to do and they will probably be playing on the same side of the pitch on friday if i were barber i would be doing exactly the same on friday.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4684
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201113 years104th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 22:0128th Jun 24 08:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Sheffield away : Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:01 pm  
terry silver wrote:
It is a tricky one with who is the best choice to take woodburn-hall place if he is injured. As i have said my choice would be salty and hopefully tibbs will be fit to come in on the wing the problem with joe who does try is best where ever he plays is there is a clear drop off in quality compared to woody not through a lack of effort more the lack of a running threat and if you don't have that from a fullback it seriously weakens your attack. As for aston he could come in with louis moving to the back i just think and could be wrong that he will be at sheffield permanently next season and doesn't fit in Simon's future plans. One last thing when we played them last if i remember right barber got right under Farrells skin not that it takes much to do and they will probably be playing on the same side of the pitch on friday if i were barber i would be doing exactly the same on friday.

Aston didn't get much game time at Fax and was offloaded to Sheffield for a reason. That said i presume Fax have put in a clause stopping him from playing against us, we've seen returning players cause Fax problems many times. If JWH is out the obvious answer at 1 is Salty. As said above the last thing we need is to split our half backs up. Defence and discipline will get us the two points i'm sure as our attack, even without Woody coming into the line is excellent. Up The Fax! :thumb:
Next