JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 23 21:4717th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:19 pm  
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
He’s not finished

Or who he turns out for is desperate it certainly wont be NZ.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 200518 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 12:5820th Apr 24 06:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:00 pm  
Toronto have offered 3 of their signings for 2021 to rival clubs, including Ward and Myler according to total rl.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13165No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200221 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 14:405th Apr 24 18:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:09 pm  
The Magic Rat wrote:
Toronto have offered 3 of their signings for 2021 to rival clubs, including Ward and Myler according to total rl.

Got a fair bit of Sympathy for Ward and Myler, they’ve been sold a pup, wonder if bridges have been burned with us now?

Didn’t realise Iestyn was their agent!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain297No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 12 20186 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 02:4929th Mar 24 22:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 pm  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
SBW is way past it & if he was worth so much why were TWP trying to cadge 300k off SL?

Two separate points, first that SBW is way past it. Well it depends what you mean as way past it? Does way past it mean he isn’t the same player he was 4 years ago? He clearly isn’t the same player he is was 4 years ago. However, he is still better than the vast majority running around in SL, he would probably start in our pack. He would start in probably ever pack in SL. If rumours are to be believed he is being looked at by the Roosters and warriors in the NRL. Let’s be clear, the roosters are no mugs, they don’t offer out contracts, even if it is for a short number of games and with a few injuries if the player isn’t half decent.

Second point in Toronto, not sure why but you’ve always had a huge issues with them. If they are in SL then I support it as I like RL and like the idea of it growing, I’m not sure they should be in SL as the game isn’t big enough to have trans Atlantic teams IMO. However, if every team in SL is getting money because of issues with Covid I can see why they might want to get some as well. They can’t bring any revenue in, they can’t furlough players, they have to pay for teams to go over and play against them. Why wouldn’t they want to cadge 300k off super league? Makes complete sense to me they would want to do that so they couldn’t continue to operate moving forwards.

On the original point on SBW he isn’t past it at all, he isn’t the same player he was but he could still play RU for the all blacks and did at the World Cup in October. He could still play in the NRL now which is supported if he signs for the Roosters of NZ warriors and if the season had played out as normal the half way into the season he would have looked good in SL.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain384No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 04 20186 years263rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Nov 23 17:466th Oct 23 09:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:18 pm  
Lprhino wrote:
Two separate points, first that SBW is way past it. Well it depends what you mean as way past it? Does way past it mean he isn’t the same player he was 4 years ago? He clearly isn’t the same player he is was 4 years ago. However, he is still better than the vast majority running around in SL, he would probably start in our pack. He would start in probably ever pack in SL. If rumours are to be believed he is being looked at by the Roosters and warriors in the NRL. Let’s be clear, the roosters are no mugs, they don’t offer out contracts, even if it is for a short number of games and with a few injuries if the player isn’t half decent.

Second point in Toronto, not sure why but you’ve always had a huge issues with them. If they are in SL then I support it as I like RL and like the idea of it growing, I’m not sure they should be in SL as the game isn’t big enough to have trans Atlantic teams IMO. However, if every team in SL is getting money because of issues with Covid I can see why they might want to get some as well. They can’t bring any revenue in, they can’t furlough players, they have to pay for teams to go over and play against them. Why wouldn’t they want to cadge 300k off super league? Makes complete sense to me they would want to do that so they couldn’t continue to operate moving forwards.

On the original point on SBW he isn’t past it at all, he isn’t the same player he was but he could still play RU for the all blacks and did at the World Cup in October. He could still play in the NRL now which is supported if he signs for the Roosters of NZ warriors and if the season had played out as normal the half way into the season he would have looked good in SL.

Agree with this except on Toronto. He is a Billionaire and the club is Canadian. They aren’t and shouldn’t be entitled to the British government’s money, if anything Canada should have supported them not us. He knew how hard this gig was going to be but he is massively in denial abouts all the issues and problems TWP have is David Argyle. Paying on time, lawsuits etc there are many more, so to be fair it’s a team of average players except a couple or big wages. I have no sympathy for TWP just the players.
Fallon 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2093No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Jul 20 08:3022nd Jul 20 22:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 pm  
As I understand it we didn't offer Ward or Myler contracts. Why would we now want them back? That makes absolutely no sense.

As for us wanting SBW??? Are you f ucking kidding me. Is this the same rumour mill that has us signing Sam Burgess every other week?

Honestly, it's like silly season on steroids. Why can't people just be happy that the club are back making good rugby decisions. Getting rid of players we have been over paying and creating opportunities for talented youth players.
Last edited by Fallon on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2606No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 15 20204 years51st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 03:4226th Apr 24 20:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:33 pm  
SBW is off to the Roosters.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2356
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 10 20168 years294th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Jun 23 21:4717th Feb 22 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:24 am  
Lprhino wrote:

If you think SBW walks into our current pack or ST's you havent been watching him.
The Roosters signed Brett Mullins after he was woeful in SL agsin proves nothing.
Re-Toronto my only "issue" with Toronto is i aren't taken in by BS Promises & PR Stunts , you already have your reply re-Govt funding.
Playing RU (pretty average at the time) doesnt prove SBW isnt past it the fact is Toronto spaffed big money on a "name" money they clearly didnt have.
RL owes them norhing simple as that.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain297No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 12 20186 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 02:4929th Mar 24 22:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V3 : Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 am  
RHINO-MARK wrote:
If you think SBW walks into our current pack or ST's you havent been watching him.
The Roosters signed Brett Mullins after he was woeful in SL agsin proves nothing.
Re-Toronto my only "issue" with Toronto is i aren't taken in by BS Promises & PR Stunts , you already have your reply re-Govt funding.
Playing RU (pretty average at the time) doesnt prove SBW isnt past it the fact is Toronto spaffed big money on a "name" money they clearly didnt have.
RL owes them norhing simple as that.

Is SBW better than Mellor, Donaldson or L Sutcliffe? Yes he is, they have all started games for us in the back row this year.

Is SBW better than Taia (who is a year older than SBW) or Peyeoux? Yes he is, they have started in the back row for Saints.

The Roosters signed Mullins in 2002, it is now 2020. The roosters won the comp last year, slightly different. Point still stands if he was past it they wouldn’t want to sign him, nor would any other NRL club.

Not sure how much RU you watch, I watch a lot. I was in japan at the World Cup and I watch super rugby weekly. You don’t get in the All blacks team or squad unless you warrant a place. He was in it and as such they clearly didn’t think he was past it in October last year. Appreciate RL is a different game but physically they felt he was more than capable, skill wise more than capable. That would suggest he still has something about him.

If you or anybody else thought he was going to be a world beater after 5-6 games back in RL playing for a relatively poor team in TWP then you were just being unrealistic. He was clearly going to need 15-20 games to get back used to RL.

Spending big on a player doesn’t mean they are or aren’t past it. If you had said oh SBW wasn’t worth the money that would be a different point and you would probably get agreement from most. Saying he is past it just isn’t the same thing as not being worth the money.

I would agree the club don’t have that money they spent, the owner clearly does. Again I don’t disagree that Toronto shouldn’t be in SL or that the govt/RL should be helping them out. As I said RL isn’t big enough to have a trans Atlantic team. I can see why they asked for the money it makes sense. Do I think they should get it, no I don’t. Instead of having an issue with Toronto I would direct that towards RL and governing body for letting them in when clearly the structure wasn’t good enough to support it.
PreviousNext