u RLFANS.COM - Rhinos TV

Post subject: Rhinos TV
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:29 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Having just paid £5.95 to watch Leeds V Wigan last weekend , It made me wonder why the Rhinos who are a bigger club than Wigan don't offer the same service i.e a small subscription to watch the reserves/academy games, I would certainly pay for such a service.

Post subject: Re: Rhinos TV
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:34 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

How much money have Wigan made from the service?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rhinos12497 wrote:Having just paid £5.95 to watch Leeds V Wigan last weekend , It made me wonder why the Rhinos who are a bigger club than Wigan don't offer the same service i.e a small subscription to watch the reserves/academy games, I would certainly pay for such a service.

We do have the same at home. Its called Youtube, and I hope they dont start charging.

#frostiesbitches We know who you are.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Said this myself. The club has so much to offer now with behind the scenes footage, pre match pressers, post match pressers, extended match highlights and interviews with the squad. The club could also run a weekly review show with games for under 18, reserves, men’s first team, women’s first team , under 18 women’s teams, scholarships. They could also have the games on live minus first team. I’d gladly pay for this service.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:52 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If it was run as a selectable menu, so you pay a monthly fee and then you can choose what you want to watch at any time, I’m sure it would be a winner. Question would be what price would it need to be to make commercial sense and how would they work with Sky on the televised games?

It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:26 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Frosties. wrote:Said this myself. The club has so much to offer now with behind the scenes footage, pre match pressers, post match pressers, extended match highlights and interviews with the squad. The club could also run a weekly review show with games for under 18, reserves, men’s first team, women’s first team , under 18 women’s teams, scholarships. They could also have the games on live minus first team. I’d gladly pay for this service.

I think it’s short sighted to charge for this content. It may make a few quid in the short term, but will lead to lower attendances in the long term. You want this to reach as many people as possible, not have it closed shop only seen by a few diehard fans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:33 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:I think it’s short sighted to charge for this content. It may make a few quid in the short term, but will lead to lower attendances in the long term. You want this to reach as many people as possible, not have it closed shop only seen by a few diehard fans.

i think its a good idea, but no individual clubs are big enough to have their own network. Needs to be all Super league clubs on board, and with support from sky. The same as NFL game pass. each club can have their own channel of content but part of the overall network. NFl season pass works out about £15 a month Cheaper if you pay up front for full 12 months. this is where we should be heading and it should be part of new Tv negotiations.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:25 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

World of difference from NFL Game Pass and watching Leeds reserves full of Fev cast offs me thinks lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Frosties. wrote:Said this myself. The club has so much to offer now with behind the scenes footage, pre match pressers, post match pressers, extended match highlights and interviews with the squad. The club could also run a weekly review show with games for under 18, reserves, men’s first team, women’s first team , under 18 women’s teams, scholarships. They could also have the games on live minus first team. I’d gladly pay for this service.

Does it really though? Most pre match pressers and interviews with the squad are deadly boring and run of the mill. We’ve been spoilt recently because of all the interest and storylines around Burrow. But generally most interviews are not interesting.
There’s no way I’d pay anything other than a pound or two per month for access to such things. And most likely I wouldn’t bother signing up to it.
It would actively reduce my interest and access to the club and its goings on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Showing full games could also mean floating supporters don’t turn up for games that aren’t on sky.

I do think they could possibly charge for full games after they have been played but not live, but the quality would have to be netter than the current highlights with the crappy music or radio leeds coverage over the top.

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:47 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com