Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Leigh (H)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:32 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Big game this. Lose and we haven't beaten any of our promotion rivals apart from Fev controversially at the beginning of the season. Really have to start making Odsal a fortress. 1 in in 4 at home would be dismal.

We've played well the last two games but its all about the points this weekend. Play how we did against Widnes and we should be OK.

Bit of a selection headache for Kear with Webster definitely to come in and hopefully Lilley. Both have to play so someone going to miss out. Oakes has to keep his place after his performance against Gelling.

I'd be half tempted to keep Minchella in the halves with Lilley and put Wildie in at hooker. Had too many loose passes from the PTB against Widnes. All our back-rowers played well against Widnes so be harsh to drop too many of them. Hallas played well but his distribution isn't quite good enough.

Either way there's the incentive to win this week as if you don't perform we have someone to take your place.

Post subject: Re: Leigh (H)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Hopefully we've got some players coming back into contention for the Leigh game. The end to the Widnes game, you would hope, will light a fire under the players and get them up for this one

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Bull Mania wrote:Big game this. Lose and we haven't beaten any of our promotion rivals

I admire the optimism :CLAP:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yep we need to convert these better performances into some competition points. Leigh at Odsal is a realistic target for points although I expect another close contest. I don’t think sneaking into 5th is beyond the realms of possibilities but these are the games we need to win to achieve that target.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:14 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

paulwalker71 wrote:I admire the optimism :CLAP:

Was thinking that myself. Tbh, considering us as promotion material in our first season back in this division is probably getting a bit above ourselves, but each to our own, I guess.
I do think we're in with a good chance at home against Leigh though, if we continue in the same vein as our recent performances. Especially with Lilley back in the halves.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:22 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

paulwalker71 wrote:I admire the optimism :CLAP:

Haha I meant play-off rivals :D anyway if we make it in the top 5 then it's game on. Toronto didn't do the job last season and haven't blown anyone away yet this year ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:24 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bulliac wrote:Tbh, considering us as promotion material in our first season back in this division is probably getting a bit above ourselves

Not holding York back to be fair. With Widnes having the points deduction, the play-offs have to be our aim. I don't think we signed Jake Webster at avoid relegation.

Promotions not going to happen (Toronto surely won't mess up twice) but getting in the play-offs would get the club a bit of money and give a confidence boost for next year. I'd be bit disappointed if we didn't make Top 5.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Bull Mania wrote:Not holding York back to be fair. With Widnes having the points deduction, the play-offs have to be our aim. I don't think we signed Jake Webster at avoid relegation.

Promotions not going to happen (Toronto surely won't mess up twice) but getting in the play-offs would get the club a bit of money and give a confidence boost for next year. I'd be bit disappointed if we didn't make Top 5.

I said at the start of the year I thought we'd be challenging around the top 4 or 5 but that's a fair way from getting promotion. As you say, York are playing well - so far. It is a long season though and, if I'm honest over the full term I wouldn't really expect them to trouble the top couple of sides either. That said, opinions count for nothing, in reality it's what happens on the paddock that matters and there's often a surprise package along the way, so who knows?.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Leigh's away form is not good this season, apart from a 'flattering scoreline' win at Swinton. Bulls win by 8+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:04 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I would expect you to beat us, especially at home - although our team is beginning to show signs of improvement. Our fitness levels are impressive, and there is a never-say-die approach from us. However, I would still make you favourites for this one. Should be a cracking atmosphere, with say about 700-800 Leythers making the trip.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com