Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:45 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 292
Who is deffo leaving,,, I know of
Ryan
Garside
Wildie
Green

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:52 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 4088
Location: Bradford
Perhaps helpful to have the list of people out of contract? (Copied from squad thread)

Dee Foggin-Johnston
Josh Rickett
Dalton Grant
Ethan Ryan
Ashley Gibson
Ross Oakes
Rhys Evans
Matty Wildie
Sam Hallas
George Flanagan
James Green
Liam Kirk
Callum Bustin
Ross Peltier
Jon Magrin
Matt Garside
Mikey Wood

... none of them can currently be signed as we know

Which of this lot do we even want to re-sign? Which are likely to be in demand elsewhere?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:55 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 335
Bustin
Magrin
Gibson
Can all go for me

Id say flannagan as well but it looks like hes staying

Would think Evan Hodgson will end up at Donny as well

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:38 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 921
Location: Rossendale
RagingBull wrote:Bustin
Magrin
Gibson
Can all go for me

Id say flannagan as well but it looks like hes staying

Would think Evan Hodgson will end up at Donny as well


I'd add Grant to that list






"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:16 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Posts: 3123
Well, going by Chalmers interview on Sunday, the budgets for next year have been submitted to the RFL and they're expecting the special measure to be lifted shortly, which should hopefully be announced along side a number of re-signings for next year which should then give the season ticket sales a boost

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:20 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Posts: 4088
Location: Bradford
paulwalker71 wrote:Perhaps helpful to have the list of people out of contract? (Copied from squad thread)

Dee Foggin-Johnston
Josh Rickett
Dalton Grant
Ethan Ryan
Ashley Gibson
Ross Oakes
Rhys Evans
Matty Wildie
Sam Hallas
George Flanagan
James Green
Liam Kirk
Callum Bustin
Ross Peltier
Jon Magrin
Matt Garside
Mikey Wood

Which of this lot do we even want to re-sign?


I'll quote my own post. Assuming Ryan, Wildie and Green are already out of the door, from the list above I would really only be looking to keep Ross Oakes, Sam Hallas, Liam Kirk, Ross Peltier and Mikey Wood (and possibly Rhys Evans if he is cheap enough).

No point in keeping people like Josh Ricketts, he's never going to get a chance in the first team. Yesterday was the perfect chance to give Ricketts a game - but Kear predictably went for his old mate Dalton Grant again! Might as well let the kid go elsewhere and get a chance. Same goes for Evan Hodgson, frankly...

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:02 pm
Posts: 1752
paulwalker71 wrote:I'll quote my own post. Assuming Ryan, Wildie and Green are already out of the door, from the list above I would really only be looking to keep Ross Oakes, Sam Hallas, Liam Kirk, Ross Peltier and Mikey Wood (and possibly Rhys Evans if he is cheap enough).

No point in keeping people like Josh Ricketts, he's never going to get a chance in the first team. Yesterday was the perfect chance to give Ricketts a game - but Kear predictably went for his old mate Dalton Grant again! Might as well let the kid go elsewhere and get a chance. Same goes for Evan Hodgson, frankly...


I think unless a deal has been done elsewhere I'd expect Oakes, Hallas, Kirk and Peltier to re-sign.

I think Mikey has previously said he would like to stay but I don't think he was ever offered a deal and I believe he may have sorted himself one out elsewhere (don't hold me to this, i'm just reading between the lines on what I've been told). If the case then I'm sad about that as I think he offered a lot to us in the future and his work rate in defence in particular was very under-rated.






Don't think i'm biased...
...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:02 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:02 pm
Posts: 160
I would deffo keep Bustin. He has the credentials to be a decent prop and won't cost the earth. Young and powerful and with some coaching from Carvel could turn out to be a decent prop. I don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip this season and has been far better than Magrin.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:02 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2415
Location: Bradford
I wouldn’t keep Bustin. May be young & powerful, but is also slow, lazy in defence and a tendency to give up when the going is tough ie about 15minutes into a stint.






Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So who is leaving
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2415
Location: Bradford
So, in reality, the only glaring area of weakness in the team is prop. Our only confirmed props for next season are Crossley and young Foster. If Kirk resigns, we’ll need 3, maybe 4 more






Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next





It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChinaBull, Google [Bot], normycat and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:23 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,957,85592977,8244,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





19

.