Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Bulls Takeover
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

This from the T & A website this morning. Positive news at last perhaps ?

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... agreement/

Post subject: Re: Bulls Takeover
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:07 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The part that concerns me is (of the RFL): "having completed their due diligence", which I expect will result in us uncovering in a season or two that our new owners don't have a pot to p!55 in.

"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Let's just take that as a given...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:54 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

I'm somewhat concerned that the T&A have uncovered a bloke, as 'fans spokesperson', who apparently thinks that getting back to Odsal is more important than being able to afford to carry on at all. I'm not sure who he represents but I'd suggest that most fans would just be happy to come back to the city in a ground we can afford to run. I fully accept that there are some fans with an "Odsal till I die" mentality but I doubt that is the majority and I certainly hope not.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:56 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Absolutely Spot on ^^^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:09 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bulliac wrote:I'm somewhat concerned that the T&A have uncovered a bloke, as 'fans spokesperson', who apparently thinks that getting back to Odsal is more important than being able to afford to carry on at all. I'm not sure who he represents but I'd suggest that most fans would just be happy to come back to the city in a ground we can afford to run. I fully accept that there are some fans with an "Odsal till I die" mentality but I doubt that is the majority and I certainly hope not.

The T&A regularly use the BBSG as the spokesperson for the fans, even though they never seem to speak with the majority's views, just their own as a group. If not BBSG, then they use Bullbuilder which although they go good work, again do not represent the fanbase.

I suppose in the absence of an actual spokesperson, they have to just find whoever they can. And considering earlier this year they supposedly misquoted some sensible fans and cherry picked from what they actually said, they probably don't have a sensible pool to choose from.

The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:46 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

DILLIGAF wrote:The T&A regularly use the BBSG as the spokesperson for the fans, even though they never seem to speak with the majority's views, just their own as a group. If not BBSG, then they use Bullbuilder which although they go good work, again do not represent the fanbase.

I suppose in the absence of an actual spokesperson, they have to just find whoever they can. And considering earlier this year they supposedly misquoted some sensible fans and cherry picked from what they actually said, they probably don't have a sensible pool to choose from.

“ Never seem to speak with the majority’s views”? Pray tell me what that majority view is.
It would be difficult to find any one person or group that represents a consensus on the fan base. That’s because there are views which range from the ultra optimistic to the extremely pessimistic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:07 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullnorthern wrote:“ Never seem to speak with the majority’s views”? Pray tell me what that majority view is.
It would be difficult to find any one person or group that represents a consensus on the fan base. That’s because there are views which range from the ultra optimistic to the extremely pessimistic.

I purely mean that whenever I see a quote from them, it never seems to echo what I'm seeing from most fans online. You're absolutely right though, that's just a subsection in the ones that I actually see, since I don't frequent any of the facebook groups or speak to many fans in person nowadays.
I agree completely that it's almost impossible to find a view that represents the fanbase. I do find some seem to talk like they are representing the fans though, which is a little duplicitous (although again it may just be the T&A selectively quoting in order for it to sound that way).

The views in this post are mine and mine alone. Unless stated otherwise, they do not reflect the views of any company or entity I am associated with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network

I'm one of the moderators of one of the largest bulls discussion forums in the whole wide world. So I should be the only person asked for an opinion. That's my opinion.

//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:32 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I could be the spokesperson, I’d tell a few home truths

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1435 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 144  Next

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:09 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com