WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Danny Brough
Are you happy to have signed Danny Brough?

Yes
75%
No
17%
Unsure
8%

Total votes : 12

Danny Brough Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:18 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Danny Brough is likely to sign for Bulls for 2021 season.
Re: Danny Brough Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:31 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Prob played a season too many in SL, but still think he could do a job in championship IMO I'd be very very happy with that signing
Re: Danny Brough Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 pm  
Marvin Goolash Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Should be a good signing, we need a understudy if we still have Rowan Milnes.
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

This T&A article references that Milnes is only on loan for this year and there can be no guarantees of it being renewed for 2021. I can imagine Hull KR wanting to see him play a little more before throwing him into a SL start which might mean we get him on another loan: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... 21-season/

But if Milnes does go back to Rovers then a Brough / Lilley pairing is more than good enough if you ask me. Where's this rumour come from though?
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:42 am  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Pumpetypump wrote:
This T&A article references that Milnes is only on loan for this year and there can be no guarantees of it being renewed for 2021. I can imagine Hull KR wanting to see him play a little more before throwing him into a SL start which might mean we get him on another loan: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/ ... 21-season/

But if Milnes does go back to Rovers then a Brough / Lilley pairing is more than good enough if you ask me. Where's this rumour come from though?

League express who seem confident of it happening. Would make sense. Brough and Kear have worked plenty together in the past.
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:52 am  

User avatarPumpetypump wrote:
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It's a very John Kear thing to do. Brough won the cup under Kear at Hull, and worked well with him at Trin so I bet he'll be another one of the people who idolise JK and will pick up the phone when he calls. Makes you wonder what sort of a numpty Dane Chisholm must have been to fall out with a man that everyone likes....
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm  

User avatarBulls4 wrote:
Bulls4 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Pumpetypump wrote:
Makes you wonder what sort of a numpty Dane Chisholm must have been to fall out with a man that everyone likes....

Quite. Although if carlsberg did not make half backs he’d definitely still be in super league if not perhaps even the NRL.

We cannot overestimate how important us getting JK in was. His tactics might be questioned sometimes but his knowledge and contacts outweigh that and then some
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 pm  

User avatarBulliac wrote:
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

A good signing, if it comes to pass.

I certainly can't pretend that I've ever thought Broughy was ever as good as some thought him (far too erratic and unreliable, for mine) but that was in SL and we're not. Even at his age , providing he keeps healthy, he should be a good fit for us, particularly if Milnes goes straight back to KR.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:26 pm  
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Pumpetypump wrote:
Makes you wonder what sort of a numpty Dane Chisholm must have been to fall out with a man that everyone likes....

Of course, the other way of looking at it is to ask what sort of a numpty John Kear must have been to fall out with a player who lit the league up once he moved, scored a hat-trick against his former club and took his new club to the Million Pound Game...
Re: Danny Brough Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm  

mat wrote:
mat Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Pumpetypump wrote:

saw an article recently that if championship season doesn't restart then KR were going to recall Milnes and play him this year in SL. So doubt they'll be looking at loaning him out next year.
Next