FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON: Catalan Dragons v Warrington Wolves - 17:00:00
Dally 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14845No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Oct 21 15:0122nd Jul 21 09:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Gotcha wrote:
Don’t the Catalans management also have to act swiftly to identify the culprits at their end?

I’ve seen several videos and they show Catalans men trying, in a restrained way, to prevent yobs climbing into their box and attacking them. Until somebody shows me something different I will believe that Warrington should have points deducted next season or be removed from the Challenge Cip Final.
RankPostsTeam
International Star435No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 29 201014 years336th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Oct 23 02:0624th Sep 23 22:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

As usual when there's trouble at rugby, the 'lets blame football' brigade are out in force. Loads of posts on various RL Facebook pages claiming the idiots where in fact football fans.

As for Warrington, there's been an undercurrent of aggression from their fans at grounds and on line in recent times. Where it's come from I don't know. When we beat them at their place a few weeks ago a big group of their fans where in the corner near where the big screen was trying to offer out Saints fans in the away end.
My Mate Ronnie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years341st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... warrington

Super League and the RFL are to launch an investigation into the ugly scenes that marred the end of Saturday’s clash between Catalans Dragons and Warrington in Perpignan.
Tempers boiled over in the stands at full-time, with fans throwing punches and trying to climb over barriers to get to each other at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.
Catalans duo Sam Tomkins and Michael McIlorum saw red after the match for their role in an on-field fracas. Warrington’s Jake Mamo also received a second yellow card in the incident.
“We were appalled to see the pictures from Perpignan, and an investigation will be launched,” read a joint statement from Super League and the RFL. “The scenes are alien to Super League and have no place in our game. We will be taking firm action to make it clear this behaviour is totally unacceptable.”

A Warrington statement explained that the club is “working in conjunction with Catalans Dragons and Super League to gather further information”, while Bernard Guasch, the Catalans chairman, said: “We are now waiting for the CCTV footage before making any decision.”
Warrington’s statement added: “We sincerely believe that this behaviour does not reflect the vast majority of our loyal and supportive fan base following the team in France this weekend.”

Man of the match Tomkins had created three tries and kicked seven goals before being sent off as Catalans claimed a 30-10 victory that ended Warrington’s hopes of claiming the League Leaders’ Shield, which has now been won by St Helens.
“We’ve always had good challenges against Catalans every time we play them,” said Warrington coach Steve Price. “It was really disappointing how the game finished –you don’t like to see that, do you?”

When asked whether he thought events on the pitch had influenced those off it, Price responded: “What do you reckon? I think you’re answering the question yourself there.”
Price also criticised the officiating of referee James Child – a sentiment echoed by his opposite number, Steve McNamara. “I’m clearly not happy with the whole of the game in terms of how it was managed,” said McNamara.
“After the game I will take that up with the relevant people. I think it is best to stay nice and calm and speak to the relevant people and deal with the issues that will be brought up from that game.
“I have no idea how [the scenes at the end of the game] have come about, but it’s disgraceful scenes that we don’t want to see in our sport and I’m sure, again, the relevant people will look into that and find out. I just sincerely hope that no one is hurt from that because it didn’t look good.”
McNamara did, however, hit back at a suggestion from Price that his side had deliberately slowed the game down. “I’m sick and tired of every time a team comes here and complains about the tactics and how tough it is and how difficult it is,” he said.
“The best team won today and the best team won by a long way in the end and that result was correct. Nothing to do with anything other than the better team won on the day, simple as that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... warrington

Super League and the RFL are to launch an investigation into the ugly scenes that marred the end of Saturday’s clash between Catalans Dragons and Warrington in Perpignan.
Tempers boiled over in the stands at full-time, with fans throwing punches and trying to climb over barriers to get to each other at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.
Catalans duo Sam Tomkins and Michael McIlorum saw red after the match for their role in an on-field fracas. Warrington’s Jake Mamo also received a second yellow card in the incident.
“We were appalled to see the pictures from Perpignan, and an investigation will be launched,” read a joint statement from Super League and the RFL. “The scenes are alien to Super League and have no place in our game. We will be taking firm action to make it clear this behaviour is totally unacceptable.”

A Warrington statement explained that the club is “working in conjunction with Catalans Dragons and Super League to gather further information”, while Bernard Guasch, the Catalans chairman, said: “We are now waiting for the CCTV footage before making any decision.”
Warrington’s statement added: “We sincerely believe that this behaviour does not reflect the vast majority of our loyal and supportive fan base following the team in France this weekend.”

Man of the match Tomkins had created three tries and kicked seven goals before being sent off as Catalans claimed a 30-10 victory that ended Warrington’s hopes of claiming the League Leaders’ Shield, which has now been won by St Helens.
“We’ve always had good challenges against Catalans every time we play them,” said Warrington coach Steve Price. “It was really disappointing how the game finished –you don’t like to see that, do you?”

When asked whether he thought events on the pitch had influenced those off it, Price responded: “What do you reckon? I think you’re answering the question yourself there.”
Price also criticised the officiating of referee James Child – a sentiment echoed by his opposite number, Steve McNamara. “I’m clearly not happy with the whole of the game in terms of how it was managed,” said McNamara.
“After the game I will take that up with the relevant people. I think it is best to stay nice and calm and speak to the relevant people and deal with the issues that will be brought up from that game.
“I have no idea how [the scenes at the end of the game] have come about, but it’s disgraceful scenes that we don’t want to see in our sport and I’m sure, again, the relevant people will look into that and find out. I just sincerely hope that no one is hurt from that because it didn’t look good.”
McNamara did, however, hit back at a suggestion from Price that his side had deliberately slowed the game down. “I’m sick and tired of every time a team comes here and complains about the tactics and how tough it is and how difficult it is,” he said.
“The best team won today and the best team won by a long way in the end and that result was correct. Nothing to do with anything other than the better team won on the day, simple as that.”
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200915 years326th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 22 08:4321st Apr 22 22:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Time for the Warrington club to have a bit of a crackdown.
Identity as many culprits as they can and issue some lifetime bans.
Do Warrington use photos on season tickets? If so, it should be pretty easy to identify some of them; if they are willing to spend a small fortune going to Catalans the likelihood is that some of them will be ST holders.
Then at the next few away games, have someone in official Warrington gear stood facing the supporters with a camera-phone, filming the crowd so future trouble-makers can be identified and banned too. Pass the footage to the police if anything violent happens.
It will be a very small number of people and they’ll soon behave when they realise they will be caught in the act on film. I do think the club should shoulder a bit of the blame too - this has been bubbling for a couple of seasons now.
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200222 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Sep 24 16:2824th Sep 24 16:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I’m disappointed that the Warrington social media team haven’t produced an amusing meme on the situation yet.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200222 years190th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Sep 24 11:5930th Aug 24 09:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Time for the Warrington club to have a bit of a crackdown.
Identity as many culprits as they can and issue some lifetime bans.
Do Warrington use photos on season tickets? If so, it should be pretty easy to identify some of them; if they are willing to spend a small fortune going to Catalans the likelihood is that some of them will be ST holders.
Then at the next few away games, have someone in official Warrington gear stood facing the supporters with a camera-phone, filming the crowd so future trouble-makers can be identified and banned too. Pass the footage to the police if anything violent happens.
It will be a very small number of people and they’ll soon behave when they realise they will be caught in the act on film.

None of those measures will stop the evil James Child who masterminded the carnage unleashed upon the innocent Wire fans.
My Mate Ronnie 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman
JoinedServiceReputation
23 years341st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9648938/ ... ans-brawl/
WIRE IN THE BLOOD Warrington Wolves and Catalans Dragons fans involved in shock brawl with yobs climbing into sponsors’ area to get at each other

A SHOCKING fight broke out on and off the pitch during Warrington Wolves' Super League loss at Catalans Dragon on Saturday.
Fans were pictured climbing into hospitality areas in an attempt to throw punches at each-other

It is unknown exactly what prompted the spectators to come to blows but it came amid a furious melee amongst the players.
A number of incidents in quick succession came with Catalans leading 30-10 in the dying stages.

Warrington were penalised for dissent after a knock-on call and the French team committed two high tackle fouls in as many minutes.
The second earned Michael McIlorum a red card and set in motion a huge scrap on the pitch.
Fellow Dragons star Sam Tomkins was also dismissed, as was Wolves man Jake Mamo for a second yellow card, as players squared up to eachother and jumped into the sea of flailing limbs.
As referee James Child took a backseat and eventually began disciplining the group, a fight in the stands of the Perpignan club broke out.

Glimpses of the ugly scenes were caught by TV cameras as supporters targeted a sponsors area, lashing out while leaping over barriers with a table spotted being hurled in the background.

Both clubs quickly came out to condemn the violence, Catalans chairman Bernard Guasch expressing his surprise at the incident inside his team's Stade Gilbert Brutus.
He said: "We are shocked at what happened at the end of the today’s game. [Our stadium] has always been a festive place and we are saddened with the scenes we saw tonight.
"We have never witnessed such incidents in 13 years in the Super League. We are now waiting for the CCTV footage before making any decision.”
Likewise Warrington, who can now only finish second after their defeat confirmed St Helens' position as League Leaders' Shield winners, expressed their shock.
A club statement read: "Warrington Wolves are deeply disappointed with the incidents at the conclusion of tonight’s fixture at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.
"The club is working in conjunction with Catalans Dragons and Super League to gather further information, and determine the appropriate action required.
"The club does not condone this behaviour & strongly believes that scenes like this have no place in our sport.

"We sincerely believe that this behaviour does not reflect the vast majority of our loyal & supportive fanbase following the team in France this weekend."
A joint statement from the Rugby Football League and Super League echoed the condemnation.

It read: "The scenes are alien to Super League and have no place in our game. We will be taking firm action to make it clear this behaviour is totally unacceptable."
Catalans boss Steve McNamara dismissed criticism of his side's tactics, accused by opposite number Steve Price of frustrating the game, but was also left lamenting how referee Child took charge.
He said: "I'm clearly not happy with the whole of the game in terms of how it was managed. After the game I will take that up with the relevant people."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9648938/ ... ans-brawl/
WIRE IN THE BLOOD Warrington Wolves and Catalans Dragons fans involved in shock brawl with yobs climbing into sponsors’ area to get at each other

A SHOCKING fight broke out on and off the pitch during Warrington Wolves' Super League loss at Catalans Dragon on Saturday.
Fans were pictured climbing into hospitality areas in an attempt to throw punches at each-other

It is unknown exactly what prompted the spectators to come to blows but it came amid a furious melee amongst the players.
A number of incidents in quick succession came with Catalans leading 30-10 in the dying stages.

Warrington were penalised for dissent after a knock-on call and the French team committed two high tackle fouls in as many minutes.
The second earned Michael McIlorum a red card and set in motion a huge scrap on the pitch.
Fellow Dragons star Sam Tomkins was also dismissed, as was Wolves man Jake Mamo for a second yellow card, as players squared up to eachother and jumped into the sea of flailing limbs.
As referee James Child took a backseat and eventually began disciplining the group, a fight in the stands of the Perpignan club broke out.

Glimpses of the ugly scenes were caught by TV cameras as supporters targeted a sponsors area, lashing out while leaping over barriers with a table spotted being hurled in the background.

Both clubs quickly came out to condemn the violence, Catalans chairman Bernard Guasch expressing his surprise at the incident inside his team's Stade Gilbert Brutus.
He said: "We are shocked at what happened at the end of the today’s game. [Our stadium] has always been a festive place and we are saddened with the scenes we saw tonight.
"We have never witnessed such incidents in 13 years in the Super League. We are now waiting for the CCTV footage before making any decision.”
Likewise Warrington, who can now only finish second after their defeat confirmed St Helens' position as League Leaders' Shield winners, expressed their shock.
A club statement read: "Warrington Wolves are deeply disappointed with the incidents at the conclusion of tonight’s fixture at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.
"The club is working in conjunction with Catalans Dragons and Super League to gather further information, and determine the appropriate action required.
"The club does not condone this behaviour & strongly believes that scenes like this have no place in our sport.

"We sincerely believe that this behaviour does not reflect the vast majority of our loyal & supportive fanbase following the team in France this weekend."
A joint statement from the Rugby Football League and Super League echoed the condemnation.

It read: "The scenes are alien to Super League and have no place in our game. We will be taking firm action to make it clear this behaviour is totally unacceptable."
Catalans boss Steve McNamara dismissed criticism of his side's tactics, accused by opposite number Steve Price of frustrating the game, but was also left lamenting how referee Child took charge.
He said: "I'm clearly not happy with the whole of the game in terms of how it was managed. After the game I will take that up with the relevant people."
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11892No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 13 201014 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Sep 24 14:4324th Sep 24 19:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No need to post identical articles.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200915 years322nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Sep 24 02:301st Jun 24 16:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.

Willzay wrote:
No need to post identical articles.

Different media outlets
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7095
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 200717 years153rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Sep 24 15:3320th Sep 24 09:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
nosorożce biorą to w dupę

What does that Edwards have to do to get sent off? Hi behaviour when the trouble started in the crowd was disgusting.

What are the rules about ending the game? With the clock finished and the game gone I would have thought it would be sensible to put the brawl on report and get everyone off the pitch. Remove further flash points and let the stadium officials sort the idiots out in the stand.
PreviousNext