Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Hemel New York
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:20 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54 ... d-new-york

Hemel application to relocate, where to?
New York Application to join League one.

Post subject: Re: Hemel New York
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rollin thunder wrote:https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54569/rfl-statement--hemel-stags-and-new-york

You have to worry about the "help to deliver the RFL's vision" comment.
Perhaps the RFL could publicly share "their vision".

The cash strapped game of RL now wants more trans-Atlantic clubs.

This will do wonders for the balance sheets of already cash starved UK clubs, especially in League 1 :CRAZY:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rollin thunder wrote:https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54569/rfl-statement--hemel-stags-and-new-york

Looks like Hemel will be Canada 2 (but only the Pro entity, with the Amateur Side remaining in Herts) and the other one must be the Gym Teacher from Huddersfield's pitch, which I thought Nigel had already investigated?

The Problem for the League 1 sides, as well as some of the Championship sides, is that this may now become 2 or even 3 overseas trips a season, eating into work vacations etc and all with little if benefit to the game.

JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Assuming they work up the leagues it would mean only one overseas trip before they're promoted? If I was a league one player I'd bite your hand off for the chance to play a game in New York.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

BrisbaneRhino wrote:Assuming they work up the leagues it would mean only one overseas trip before they're promoted? If I was a league one player I'd bite your hand off for the chance to play a game in New York.

But the point remains, what are these clubs adding for the week to week fans, I don't know many RL fans that can afford a trip to Toronto, New York, Tolouse and Perpignan in a season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

MGarbutt1986 wrote:But the point remains, what are these clubs adding for the week to week fans, I don't know many RL fans that can afford a trip to Toronto, New York, Tolouse and Perpignan in a season.

You would have a point if every single RL fan went to every single away game in a season. But they dont.

Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans

St Helens v Wigan. The first ever derby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:09 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Call Me God wrote:Looks like Hemel will be Canada 2 (but only the Pro entity, with the Amateur Side remaining in Herts) and the other one must be the Gym Teacher from Huddersfield's pitch, which I thought Nigel had already investigated?

The Problem for the League 1 sides, as well as some of the Championship sides, is that this may now become 2 or even 3 overseas trips a season, eating into work vacations etc and all with little if benefit to the game.

Not to mention the actual cost or, is this being funded ala Toronto ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Ruune Rebellion wrote:You would have a point if every single RL fan went to every single away game in a season. But they dont.

Doesn't invalidate my question, what would New York ADD to RL?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

MGarbutt1986 wrote:Doesn't invalidate my question, what would New York ADD to RL?

What does any new club ADD to RL.

Wire Quin at work

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

MGarbutt1986 wrote:Doesn't invalidate my question, what would New York ADD to RL?

Hang on. First of all you said "what do they bring to the day to day fan", not to RL. Nice moving of the goal posts.

But I digress. What do they bring? We dont know yet. What we do know is that the game is dead in the uk. It will be semi pro within 2 years once sky dont renew the broadcasting so maybe its a last throw of the dice to see if the north american market can rejuvenate Skys interest in the game.

What do all the other League 1 teams add to RL?

Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans

St Helens v Wigan. The first ever derby

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com