Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Pop........ The Tongan bubble is done.

Post subject: Pop........ The Tongan bubble is done.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Kiwis just hammered Kiwi B...... Sorry.... TONGA. Great atmosphere here at MT Smart, but the tongan rescue of intwrnational RL is over.... They were friggin awful.

JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

Post subject: Re: Pop........ The Tongan bubble is done.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:40 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I did not see the game because there was no coverage in Moscow or on www.watchnrl.com But I do know one thing. Tonga has no players of the calibre of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson.

Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:11 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:I did not see the game because there was no coverage in Moscow or on http://www.watchnrl.com But I do know one thing. Tonga has no players of the calibre of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson.

You dont have get around John

www.camfaf.com
"Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein"

"This song is for all you people in the back, its called 'Hard To See'"
Ivan Moody, 5FDP, Reading Festival 2016

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

[Gareth] wrote:You dont have get around John

I do have to get around. Unfortunately it means that I miss Catalans and Toulouse games because of lack of television or internet coverage in Moscow. Next weekend in Kiev but the same problem.

Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Call Me God wrote:The Kiwis just hammered Kiwi B...... Sorry.... TONGA. Great atmosphere here at MT Smart, but the tongan rescue of intwrnational RL is over.... They were friggin awful.

You obviously watched a different game to me - Tonga were competitive throughout, and bossed large parts of the game, the main difference was the half backs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:19 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Superted wrote:You obviously watched a different game to me - Tonga were competitive throughout, and bossed large parts of the game, the main difference was the half backs.

I was there...... There was only ever one teqm going to win. As for half backs....... If tonga are the future, then they need to find them..... Maybe they should look in south auckland where the rest of their team come from...... Of the 34 on show tinight, 2......TWO were born in tonga..... Farcical.

JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:53 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Call Me God wrote:
Superted wrote:You obviously watched a different game to me - Tonga were competitive throughout, and bossed large parts of the game, the main difference was the half backs.

I was there...... There was only ever one teqm going to win. As for half backs....... If tonga are the future, then they need to find them..... Maybe they should look in south auckland where the rest of their team come from...... Of the 34 on show tinight, 2......TWO were born in tonga..... Farcical.

Surely the success of the international game is about having more competitive nations, not just about winning every game? Tonga are super competitive and would IMO beat England at the moment, even with their current half backs. Getting beaten by NZ is hardly embarassing or bubble bursting.

As for where their players are born, that's irrelevant in today's world, and even more irrelevant to those with Pacific island heritage, where mass migration has been common for decades. Why is it such an issue?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:29 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Was Lolohea just as bad as he’s been for Leeds?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:16 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Alternatively, the Kiwis have got their poop together after being awful for a few years?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:47 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Call Me God wrote:I was there...... There was only ever one teqm going to win. As for half backs....... If tonga are the future, then they need to find them..... Maybe they should look in south auckland where the rest of their team come from...... Of the 34 on show tinight, 2......TWO were born in tonga..... Farcical.

Yet they’re all ethnically Tongan and proud of it!

In fact, ethnically, New Zealand must have the fewest ethnically local people playing for them than any other nation as most of them are Tongan or Samoan or European.

It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com