Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:00



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:00
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:40 am 
ADMIN
ADMIN
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:54 pm
Posts: 0
Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."
GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.






"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:32 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 7396
Wire by 2 scores sounds about right






"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:35 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1255
Clearwing wrote:Wire by 2 scores sounds about right


Based on them having lost their last how many games? If you're going on form then Cas should win, despite them not being overly impressive themselves.

I'm not convinced Wire will suddenly turn it on because it's the play-offs and I expect a close game with probably one score edging it.

4 points either way for me in a nervy affair.






quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:30 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5463
Location: Bradford
SaleSlim wrote:Based on them having lost their last how many games? If you're going on form then Cas should win, despite them not being overly impressive themselves.

I'm not convinced Wire will suddenly turn it on because it's the play-offs and I expect a close game with probably one score edging it.

4 points either way for me in a nervy affair.


I think the cup final proved that Wire can switch it on when they need to. I'm not sure Cas have that extra gear needed for big games.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:56 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 5033
Location: WF10 - just a small town in Wakefield
Wire win for me. Tigers simply not creating enough scoring chances. Austin will have a field day. Warrington by 16.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:23 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1255
Nothus wrote:I think the cup final proved that Wire can switch it on when they need to. I'm not sure Cas have that extra gear needed for big games.


So why have they not bothered for 2 months in the league then?

I'll be honest I didn't see the CC final but having seen Salford beat Wire 3 times this season and lose twice to Saints I can only hazard a guess that Saints had an off day (I'm sure Wire probably played out of their skins as well).

I'm just not remotely convinced that Wire are that great a team tbh and whilst Cas aren't a patch on their team of 2/3 years back I think people are writing them off far too easily (as they're doing with Salford as well).






quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:43 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 1892
SaleSlim wrote:So why have they not bothered for 2 months in the league then?

I'll be honest I didn't see the CC final but having seen Salford beat Wire 3 times this season and lose twice to Saints I can only hazard a guess that Saints had an off day (I'm sure Wire probably played out of their skins as well).

I'm just not remotely convinced that Wire are that great a team tbh and whilst Cas aren't a patch on their team of 2/3 years back I think people are writing them off far too easily (as they're doing with Salford as well).



Salford win a few games and now their fans think they're an authority in RL :lol:

your winning run included Catalans, Leeds, FC, KR and Huddersfield. you played ourselves 5 days after Wembley. Id love to see how a Salford side would fair after a Wembley final, with a five day turn around and 6 of your starting 17 rested :lol: I wouldn't read too much into you 'form' :SUBMISSION:






Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2019

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:56 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 16918
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
Not looking forwards to it.






The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 2134
moving on... wrote:Salford win a few games and now their fans think they're an authority in RL :lol:

your winning run included Catalans, Leeds, FC, KR and Huddersfield. you played ourselves 5 days after Wembley. Id love to see how a Salford side would fair after a Wembley final, with a five day turn around and 6 of your starting 17 rested :lol: I wouldn't read too much into you 'form' :SUBMISSION:


I think you need to give Salford a little credit. They finished 3rd in the table, above Warrington. Warrington's slide happened well before Wembley so even if you take away the 1 game after Wembley, I still think Salford would have come very close to finishing 3rd while spending significantly less money than Warrington.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GAME ON : Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - 19:45:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:28 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3363
Think Warrington will find some play off form, cas win against a poor Hull flattered them. Think Warrington will start pickup momentum and maybe get to GF

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next





It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:01 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Paul Hamilton and 86 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:01 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,77288677,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 26th Oct 08:00
GB
TONGA
v
GB LIONS
Sat 2nd Nov 04:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 9th Nov 07:00
GB
NEW ZEALAND
v
GB LIONS
Sat 16th Nov 07:30
GB
PNG
v
GB LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





2

.