Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Challenge Cup 2020

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Challenge Cup 2020
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:41 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

No Red Star, No Toulouse, but Toronto are in.....phew....Poor Bazza would have cacked himself! :CRAZY:

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/56051/road-to-wembley-starts-at-bentley-for-coral-challenge-cup-first-round-draw

Will Toronto get a Home draw for there games? Nope....they will automatically be the away side no matter who they play. Did they agree to a £500k bond? Nobody will ever know 8)

Toulouse have again said "NON"......which beggars the question as to why they are even in the Championship.

Post subject: Re: Challenge Cup 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Heard a rumour Toulouse are pulling out of the 1895 cup too.

Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

RoyBoy29 wrote:Heard a rumour Toulouse are pulling out of the 1895 cup too.

They have, London aren't in either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

And all this hype about Toulouse being the next super league team :lol:

“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper

STAY CALM WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SITUATIONS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

snowie wrote:And all this hype about Toulouse being the next super league team :lol:

I heard they want to concentrate all their efforts on getting a Super League place, hence no cup comps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:44 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

The RFL can't just keep hoping for a combination of Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Hull FC to sell out the final. It's one of our showpiece events - the RFL still insists that it's a "blue ribboned" event - they should have no difficulty in selling it as long as they are smart and proactive about it.

Quote:I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Quote:Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bramleyrhino wrote:It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

The RFL can't just keep hoping for a combination of Leeds, Wigan, St Helens, Warrington and Hull FC to sell out the final. It's one of our showpiece events - the RFL still insists that it's a "blue ribboned" event - they should have no difficulty in selling it as long as they are smart and proactive about it.

What will happen if the Red Devils get to the challenge cup final? as that could be a seriously low crowd for the final who ever they play

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bramleyrhino wrote:It's criminal that the RFL insists on these bonds in the first place. Catalans have apparently agreed to cover any shortfall as well.

It's fundamentally wrong that they should be included in the league structure and not have to compete in the cup competition(s).
As "we" fill our league's up with overseas sides, who dont compete in the full range of academy, reserve and cup fixtures, the competition overall suffers and whilst Toronto are the new kids on the block, seemingly with money to burn (and lots of it), have those at the top of the sport factored in the scenario whereby Toronto play Catalan in the cup final of GF, both of which are possibilities in the next few years (assuming that Toronto dont run out of cash).

I assume that putting The RFL, smart and proactive in the same sentence was a typo, especially without the word desperate being in there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:It's fundamentally wrong that they should be included in the league structure and not have to compete in the cup competition(s).
As "we" fill our league's up with overseas sides, who dont compete in the full range of academy, reserve and cup fixtures, the competition overall suffers and whilst Toronto are the new kids on the block, seemingly with money to burn (and lots of it), have those at the top of the sport factored in the scenario whereby Toronto play Catalan in the cup final of GF, both of which are possibilities in the next few years (assuming that Toronto dont run out of cash).

I assume that putting The RFL, smart and proactive in the same sentence was a typo, especially without the word desperate being in there.

Don't worry those heroes running SLE will save the day.......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Anyone “turning down” playing in the CC should be kicked out of their respective leagues.

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:17 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com