Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace New stadium dream all but over

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: New stadium dream all but over
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:33 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-le ... 2-17378807

End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through. They could have mortgaged weldon road and redeveloped it by now after dicking about hoping someone would build them a stadium for free.

Post subject: Re: New stadium dream all but over
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

No franchise pressure any more. The delay tactics have worked perfectly.

Mac out!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:02 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

rollin thunder wrote:https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/shopping/axiom-shopping-centre-yorkshire-m62-17378807

End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through. They could have mortgaged weldon road and redeveloped it by now after dicking about hoping someone would build them a stadium for free.

Idiotic comment, they weren't asking for it for free but a part of a development deal as per Saints, Salford, Hull etc etc. Why give Cas stick because there's failed whilst others didn't talk about forgetting where you came from.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:04 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wire-quin wrote:No franchise pressure any more. The delay tactics have worked perfectly.

Another bitter poster not living in the real world, there but for the grace of god :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:15 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tbh that's a nothing story. Another retailer has recently been added to the list but they clearly haven't reached the trigger point and it's not easy to work out just how close they actually are. One thing that struck me as slightly odd when the last update was given (reading that has reminded me) was the spokesman talking about 'legally binding contracts' which immediately made me wonder whether some retailers were having second thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:50 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Quote:End if the road for Castlefords new stadium dream, 2nd site to fall through.

Somebody should have let Beaverbrooks know. They have just become the 14th store to agree terms with Axiom. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:52 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:Tbh that's a nothing story. Another retailer has recently been added to the list but they clearly haven't reached the trigger point and it's not easy to work out just how close they actually are. One thing that struck me as slightly odd when the last update was given (reading that has reminded me) was the spokesman talking about 'legally binding contracts' which immediately made me wonder whether some retailers were having second thoughts?

With the state of the retail sector generally, timing has stuffed the deal, with many of the traditional retailers, holding back and scrapping some of their own expansion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

RL fans are very weird.

Criticise clubs for not upgrading/moving grounds.

Gloat when said ground upgrade/move fails.

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wrencat1873 wrote:With the state of the retail sector generally, timing has stuffed the deal, with many of the traditional retailers, holding back and scrapping some of their own expansion.

The cost of the project will also have significantly increased since first proposal - whether the funding agreement (with a Canadian Teachers' pension fund I think) allows for this increase or they have to find more is unclear. Add in that it sounds as though they've massively overspent to get to where they are.....

As for being dead, I'm not convinced it is yet by any means although there can't be many (any?) retailers left that they haven't already approached. What happens this coming Thursday may well have a big bearing!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:24 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:The cost of the project will also have significantly increased since first proposal - whether the funding agreement (with a Canadian Teachers' pension fund I think) allows for this increase or they have to find more is unclear. Add in that it sounds as though they've massively overspent to get to where they are.....

As for being dead, I'm not convinced it is yet by any means although there can't be many (any?) retailers left that they haven't already approached. What happens this coming Thursday may well have a big bearing!

I don think the election will make any difference , the retail sector is really suffering due to online business, and may never really recover, I rarely go n real shoe the staff just treat you like you are bothering them as they would rather just be messing on their phones, several is so poor nowadays.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com