u RLFANS.COM - Brian Noble

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Brian Noble
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:32 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Mutually agreed with Toronto to be released from the remainder of his contract.
No reason given.

The Dreadnought - Feared forum wide.

x

Post subject: Re: Brian Noble
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:40 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I’d say the reasons were pretty clear.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:01 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Maybe it's handing out silly contracts to average players, or handing out silly contracts to average players ! :D

"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:06 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Budgiezilla wrote:Maybe it's handing out silly contracts to average players, or handing out silly contracts to average players ! :D

Nòooooooooo, it's handing out ludicrous contracts to way past their best well below average has beens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto ... part-ways/

Wonder what his new rugby challenge is. Bradford?

"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:29 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Maybe it’s the lack of developed players in the player development aspect of his role.

Id clean up RLFANS in 5 minutes.

Troll hitlist :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kev/My Mate Ronnie

Lebron/Ruune Rebellion

Jonno

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I have never believed in Toronto as a concept. You simply cannot start a pro team in any sport without a domestic/junior comp to back it up. That is why Catalan worked and Paris didn’t. That’s why Sheffield limp on, not because they are great but because they are close enough to the action to benefit from the scraps. Ditto London who operate in the worlds most diverse and cosmopolitan city.

Toronto is in world terms a relative backwater. It has its own sports but more importantly it sits on the border of the USA, do I really need to say more!

It’s a million miles away from the two centres of RL. In fact if you were to go out and pick the most unlikely city in the world for RL to thrive in, Toronto would be up there.

At least most of the other places we’ve tried and failed in have at least had a RU set up that we could borrow off. Toronto doesn’t even have that, even RU struggles in Canada. Though it’s a positive giant compared to the Wolfpack, in at least it has an amateur competition.

So much money wasted that could have gone elsewhere rather than SBW bank account. Another RL tragedy in the making I’m afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Fishermanscap wrote:I have never believed in Toronto as a concept. You simply cannot start a pro team in any sport without a domestic/junior comp to back it up. That is why Catalan worked and Paris didn’t. That’s why Sheffield limp on, not because they are great but because they are close enough to the action to benefit from the scraps. Ditto London who operate in the worlds most diverse and cosmopolitan city.

Toronto is in world terms a relative backwater. It has its own sports but more importantly it sits on the border of the USA, do I really need to say more!

It’s a million miles away from the two centres of RL. In fact if you were to go out and pick the most unlikely city in the world for RL to thrive in, Toronto would be up there.

At least most of the other places we’ve tried and failed in have at least had a RU set up that we could borrow off. Toronto doesn’t even have that, even RU struggles in Canada. Though it’s a positive giant compared to the Wolfpack, in at least it has an amateur competition.

So much money wasted that could have gone elsewhere rather than SBW bank account. Another RL tragedy in the making I’m afraid.
well said sir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:22 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Isn’t the Toronto backer thinking of buying a half share in Melbourne Storm? Could that have a bearing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dally wrote:Isn’t the Toronto backer thinking of buying a half share in Melbourne Storm? Could that have a bearing?

No. He might end up with 15%.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:59 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com