u RLFANS.COM - Joe Greenwood


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:41 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7978
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Signed for Leeds on a 2 month loan deal.






"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:41 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm
Posts: 269
I was wondering why this news isn't on the players ins/outs, but just noticed that thread has been locked, how bizarre.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:51 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 3212
Kennedy wrote:I was wondering why this news isn't on the players ins/outs, but just noticed that thread has been locked, how bizarre.


Because people can't be trusted to keep things on topic - turned into, another, TWP bashing thread and not about players.

So lets keep this one about JG eh? :thumb:






"I need to be myself, I can't be no-one else"

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:03 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1568
Budgiezilla wrote:Signed for Leeds on a 2 month loan deal.

I can't get my head around this one. Most odd
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51627904

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8860
Location: Sydney NSW
Huddersfield1895 wrote:I can't get my head around this one. Most odd
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51627904



From a Leeds point of view it’s a no lose situation, we get a player who has something to prove and if it doesn’t work out he just goes back to Wigan, try before you buy if you like.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Speke
Shows exactly were Leeds are at when they're acquiring a player deemed not good enough by both Saints and Wigan plus an NRL side.






"It's the refs fault again". Biggest moaning whingers in RL.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1175
christopher wrote:From a Leeds point of view it’s a no lose situation, we get a player who has something to prove and if it doesn’t work out he just goes back to Wigan, try before you buy if you like.

Greenwood needs the game time. He has not been picked for the first team so far and he has not done enough in the reserves to get ahead of half a dozen youngsters who have been having a go. Mitch Clarke played himself into the starting squad through the reserves but Greenwood let himself be dominated by much younger and smaller players against Hull KR reserves. It is a shame because on a couple of occasions, at Wigan, he has been outstanding but every time he put a run of games together he got another injury and in coming back too soon got injured over again. A couple of month away probably suits all parties. Joe gets a clean slate, Leeds get a player who is capable of great things on his day and Wigan hopefully get a revitalised player back.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8860
Location: Sydney NSW
Levrier wrote:Greenwood needs the game time. He has not been picked for the first team so far and he has not done enough in the reserves to get ahead of half a dozen youngsters who have been having a go. Mitch Clarke played himself into the starting squad through the reserves but Greenwood let himself be dominated by much younger and smaller players against Hull KR reserves. It is a shame because on a couple of occasions, at Wigan, he has been outstanding but every time he put a run of games together he got another injury and in coming back too soon got injured over again. A couple of month away probably suits all parties. Joe gets a clean slate, Leeds get a player who is capable of great things on his day and Wigan hopefully get a revitalised player back.



I don’t know the terms of the deal but Id be surprised if Leeds haven’t got a clause in there that they can offer him a contract if he goes well

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:05 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 7725
JonnoTheGreat wrote:Shows exactly were Leeds are at when they're acquiring a player deemed not good enough by both Saints and Wigan plus an NRL side.


15 years and several more moves later and he might rock up at widnes






"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joe Greenwood
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:31 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 2660
Location: Meltham
JonnoTheGreat wrote:Shows exactly were Leeds are at when they're acquiring a player deemed not good enough by both Saints and Wigan plus an NRL side.

For a widnes fan youve a lot of opinions about other clubs.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next





It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:13 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Bing [Bot], The Silent H and 76 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:13 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,026,30587578,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






2

.