WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Report: Red Devils v. FC

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Report: Red Devils v. FC

Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:58 pm  

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:13 pm
Posts: 0

Report: Red Devils v. FC





With Hull FC parting ways with coach Lee Radford on the eve of lockdown, the entered the re-start under the stewardship of interim coach Andy Last as he took charge for the first time.

The sides are currently sat tenth and eighth in the table, a win for the Red Devils would do nothing for their league position unless it was a massive one, but for Hull FC a win would lift them to seventh, level on points with all of the sides ahead of them.

The Red Devils had been given an eight-point start on the coupon as they looked to regain some of the form which saw them reach Old Trafford for last season’s Grand Final. Few could see past an FC win and the two points going away with the Airlie Birds.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...

RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:24 pm  

User avatarSaleSlim wrote:
SaleSlim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1351
The Entertainers are back! 8)
quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:26 pm  

craig hkr wrote:
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 2352
SaleSlim wrote:
The Entertainers are back! 8)


Yes it's unfortunate they shipped in 54 points
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:33 pm  

User avatarSaleSlim wrote:
SaleSlim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1351
craig hkr wrote:
Yes it's unfortunate they shipped in 54 points


Haha I think we all know I'm talking about tinpot Salford Craig. :D You're welcome btw, might give you guys a few hours of fun in work tomorrow with the FC fans. :thumb:
quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:55 pm  

craig hkr wrote:
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 2352
SaleSlim wrote:
Haha I think we all know I'm talking about tinpot Salford Craig. :D You're welcome btw, might give you guys a few hours of fun in work tomorrow with the FC fans. :thumb:


Both teams took a scudding but we did it with a bit of style. :D
I honestly believe FC have the best squad in the league but get a poor return for Pearsons dollars. Watson or Powell would put a rocket up the local lads and the lazy bad attitude big wage earners would soon get sorted. Powell in particular would be the man imo although i heard a whisper McDermott may be Pearsons throw of the dice?
Last seems a good type but all the old traits surfaced today.




A lot can change in a couple of weeks though and a cup win v Cas may placate the fans?

Also credit where due.Salford excellent today. Atkin i always rated and would take above any Abdull/Ellis/Brierley but Sheens screwed him over.
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:04 pm  

IR80 wrote:
IR80 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:59 am
Posts: 2215
craig hkr wrote:
Both teams took a scudding but we did it with a bit of style. :D
I honestly believe FC have the best squad in the league but get a poor return for Pearsons dollars. Watson or Powell would put a rocket up the local lads and the lazy bad attitude big wage earners would soon get sorted. Powell in particular would be the man imo although i heard a whisper McDermott may be Pearsons throw of the dice?
Last seems a good type but all the old traits surfaced today.




A lot can change in a couple of weeks though and a cup win v Cas may placate the fans?

Also credit where due.Salford excellent today. Atkin i always rated and would take above any Abdull/Ellis/Brierley but Sheens screwed him over.

I am almost in physical pain replying, BUT I agree. First and foremost, Salford deserved the win, I have no argument there. FC looked exactly the sams as under Radford, Houghton is too slow, Shaul isn't a fullback, Ellis, an 'old man' outshone all the other forwards, Fonua is a liability and if wire want Tosh Jones and he wants out, get rid.
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:31 pm  

User avatarnumber 6 wrote:
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 11036
we were lucky to get 18 points! salford were brilliant

last has got a lot of work to do...maybe he should work on a new game plan that goes with the new rules, drop of a few of the old favourites, change the captain is a must...and if he thinks our players are fit then he's kidding himself, we are the most unfit team in the comp post lockdown after seeing all in action
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:31 pm  

craig hkr wrote:
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 2352
IR80 wrote:
I am almost in physical pain replying, BUT I agree. First and foremost, Salford deserved the win, I have no argument there. FC looked exactly the sams as under Radford, Houghton is too slow, Shaul isn't a fullback, Ellis, an 'old man' outshone all the other forwards, Fonua is a liability and if wire want Tosh Jones and he wants out, get rid.


From a Rovers POV I felt Smith played an off the cuff style and was actively cheering and clapping when we chanced our arm and it went to ground etc.Treating this restarted season as a set of glorified exhibition matches now no relegation threat and stating he will take a look at out of contract players etc. I'm not reading much into it tbh.
Hull I think expected a reaction after Radford and i also thought they would win today.
Think only Taylor missing? So it is a worry to down tools again and take a 50 plusser.
They've let themselves Pearson Last and the fans down but it's nothing new.
Quite likely a better performance v Saints and Cas and the rollercoaster continues.
Not for me to advise FC but a clear out of the disruptive core which is talked about and a proven coach would go a long way. Has Pearson got the heart passion and wedge to do it?
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:34 pm  
northmanchesterdevil User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 411
Location: Walkden
Tosh Jones? He was absolutely brilliant for Salford we'd have him back in a heartbeat. Think its a proper coach you need not different players.
Re: Report: Red Devils v. FC Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:39 pm  

User avatarnumber 6 wrote:
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:46 pm
Posts: 11036
northmanchesterdevil wrote:
Tosh Jones? He was absolutely brilliant for Salford we'd have him back in a heartbeat. Think its a proper coach you need not different players.



quite happily let you take him back if it meant we used the money on a proper coach! Agar, Radford, Last...all promoted from within..first two failed...can only see Last making it a hat trick
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acko, Bull Mania, Jack Burton, reffy and 96 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,072,8501,16078,2284,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts