WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who can stop Leigh?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who can stop Leigh?

Re: Who can stop Leigh? Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Budgiezilla wrote:
Right now, I can't see many championship or league one games taking place next season.. This bl00dy virus is not going away anytime soon. All those teams that did not want participate in the autumn comp because of financial issues, will that still be the case next year in the league campaign(s). A decision will probably have to be made by the RFL in November, early December at the latest as to whether there is any non super league games in 2021......sadly. :(

Hi Budgie lad.

You may have a point of course but my 'alternative' view is that the Government if faced with a complete & catastrophic collapse in the economy will throw the doors open for those who can spend *on leisure, retail, holidays, entertainment* etc to spend freely, thus the economy can start to recover & sports with crowds are back on.

Faced with the choice of total economic armageddon & ensuing public unrest & disorder or a few tens of thousands getting ill *to various degrees* then I for one believe that government will side with the economy. Of course I can only hypothesise,.yet remember that early in the Covid19 breaking our government were keen on the "herd immunity" model, which might now be required anyway.
Re: Who can stop Leigh? Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:07 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ste100Centurions wrote:

Faced with the choice of total economic armageddon & ensuing public unrest & disorder or a few tens of thousands getting ill *to various degrees* then I for one believe that government will side with the economy.

That's been admitted by the government and was called for by Libertarians right from the start of lockdown. Whilst covid certainly damages lives.......

Major economic downturns, redundancies and long term unemployment leading to poverty depression and destitution damages far more lives......

:SHHH: silent h
Previous