RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Magic weekend moved to September
Magic weekend moved to September Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:23 pm  
Huddersfield1895 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1643
Re: Magic weekend moved to September Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:03 pm  

redmuzza wrote:
redmuzza Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 607
Location: the east , red side of hull
Whoopy Doo, something else SL has made a mess of...bring back the Derbys.
Re: Magic weekend moved to September Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:05 pm  

ALAW wrote:
ALAW Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 am
Posts: 151
redmuzza wrote:
Whoopy Doo, something else SL has made a mess of...bring back the Derbys.

Disagree. Watching Hull fc demolish kr 20 times a season ain't for me. Some good looking games imo! Looking forward to them
Re: Magic weekend moved to September Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:37 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15627
They could build up to a "draw" for the magic games or, perhaps go for the previous season 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6 etc, which should mean that the games are all competitive and although, there could be the possibility of the odd "easy" game (is certain clubs are misfiring), there should be interest in every match.
Also, should magic be used to really try and help generate interest for Newcastle, who seem to be a club with SL aspirations ?

As for moving Magic to later on in the season. In the current climate, with covid issues etc, it's absolutely the right move.
Re: Magic weekend moved to September Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm  

User avatarUllFC wrote:
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 15513
wrencat1873 wrote:
They could build up to a "draw" for the magic games or, perhaps go for the previous season 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6 etc, which should mean that the games are all competitive and although, there could be the possibility of the odd "easy" game (is certain clubs are misfiring), there should be interest in every match.
Also, should magic be used to really try and help generate interest for Newcastle, who seem to be a club with SL aspirations ?

As for moving Magic to later on in the season. In the current climate, with covid issues etc, it's absolutely the right move.


There's no easy answer on the fixtures. If they do a draw mid way through the season they won't sell many tickets early on as people will wait to see the fixtures before booking. If they use last seasons positions teams can vary year on year (such as Salford between 2019 and 2020) so it doesn't necessarily mean close ties and it doesn't always generate games people want to see...Hull played Harlequins in Edinburgh once that didn't excite me enough to go along. Derby's have got repetitive. I think choosing the most Marketable games has to be the answer.
Re: Magic weekend moved to September Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:35 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15627
UllFC wrote:
There's no easy answer on the fixtures. If they do a draw mid way through the season they won't sell many tickets early on as people will wait to see the fixtures before booking. If they use last seasons positions teams can vary year on year (such as Salford between 2019 and 2020) so it doesn't necessarily mean close ties and it doesn't always generate games people want to see...Hull played Harlequins in Edinburgh once that didn't excite me enough to go along. Derby's have got repetitive. I think choosing the most Marketable games has to be the answer.


Using the previous seasons final standings is as good as you can get.
Of course, some clubs improve and some go the other way but, as you say, it's impossible to be certain how each club will perform but, last seasons final league position would be the best that we have.
Of course there will be some less attractive fixtures but, unless they go with all derby games, this will always be the case.

Mind you, we now have "Derby day" so, maybe that should have taken place in Newcastle.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bulls2487, reffy and 126 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,143,5181,44378,5444,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 18th Apr
NRL RND: 6 St.George14-20NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 6 NQL Cowboys30-18Canterbury
CH RND: 2 Bradford27-26Halifax
CH RND: 2 Swinton6-36Featherstone
CH RND: 2 Whitehaven29-20Newcastle
CH RND: 2 York14-20Sheffield
WSL RND: 1 BradfordW0-86St.HelensW
WSL RND: 1 WiganW52-8Wire W
WSL RND: 1 CastlefordW40-6FeatherstoneW
WSL RND: 1 LeedsW68-16YorkW
SL RND: 3 Hull FC14-14Warrington
Sat 17th Apr
CH RND: 2 Toulouse24-0LondonB
NRL RND: 6 Manly36-0Gold Coast
NRL RND: 6 Souths18-14Wests
NRL RND: 6 Canberra10-35Parramatta
CH RND: 2 Batley48-10Oldham
CH RND: 2 Widnes14-22Dewsbury
SL RND: 3 Catalans42-6Salford
Fri 16th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Newcastle26-22Cronulla
NRL RND: 6 Melbourne20-4Sydney
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 6 160 38 122 12
Parramatta 6 151 90 61 10
Souths 6 161 74 87 10
Sydney 6 164 78 86 8
Melbourne 6 160 74 86 8
St.George 6 143 107 36 8
 
Canberra 6 113 125 -12 6
Newcastle 6 127 142 -15 6
NZ Warriors 6 113 116 -3 6
Gold Coast 6 124 115 9 6
Cronulla 6 126 120 6 4
NQL Cowboys 6 100 189 -89 4
Manly 6 83 168 -85 4
Brisbane 6 80 147 -67 2
Wests 6 108 178 -70 2
Canterbury 6 52 204 -152 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 3 88 12 76 6 733.33 100.00
Wigan 3 73 30 43 6 243.33 100.00
Castleford 3 91 38 53 6 239.47 100.00
Catalans 3 91 44 47 6 206.82 100.00
Hull FC 3 71 28 43 5 253.57 83.33
Warrington 3 70 47 23 3 148.94 50.00
 
Leeds 3 44 59 -15 2 74.58 33.33
Hull KR 3 53 78 -25 2 67.95 33.33
Huddersfield 3 44 67 -23 0 65.67 0.00
Leigh 3 46 116 -70 0 39.66 0.00
Wakefield 3 34 96 -62 0 35.42 0.00
Salford 3 16 106 -90 0 15.09 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Sheffield 2 70 26 44 4
Toulouse 2 45 6 39 4
Featherstone 2 64 24 40 4
Dewsbury 2 39 22 17 4
Halifax 2 73 41 32 2
Oldham 2 38 68 -30 2
 
Whitehaven 2 37 37 0 2
Batley 2 66 38 28 2
Bradford 2 39 76 -37 2
Newcastle 2 50 59 -9 1
Widnes 2 44 52 -8 1
Swinton 2 26 64 -38 0
York 2 20 41 -21 0
LondonB 2 14 71 -57 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
 
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
St.HelensW 1 86 0 86 2
LeedsW 1 68 16 52 2
WiganW 1 52 8 44 2
CastlefordW 1 40 6 34 2
WakefieldW 0 0 0 0 0
Hudds W 0 0 0 0 0
 
FeatherstoneW 1 6 40 -34 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0
BradfordW 1 0 86 -86 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X