RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse
Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:39 am  

Donnyman wrote:
Donnyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 2035
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:04 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15711
Donnyman wrote:
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,


On what grounds are London refusing to travel ?
Cost, no level playing field, covid....

It's certainly a strange decision by the RFL, to say that FT squads "must" play but, "part time" squads dont have to.
I wonder if the same could apply for clubs not wanting to travel all the way to London for their games ??
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:27 am  
Ornery Optimist Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 5118
Donnyman wrote:
"London chairman David Hughes said: "The RFL made the decision that our club should travel to France on the basis of being full-time and that our competitors, who are playing for the same prize of promotion to Super League for the 2022 season, do not have to travel due to being part-time".

Big row over London refusing to go to TO. Other clubs in the Championship don't "have to" go. Looks very much like the RFL want to spend Hughes's money for him.

Wonder how far this row will go,,,,,



It seems the French club have gone to the trouble and expense of supplying a private jet to keep the London party in their private bubble.
Another source of embarrassment when people suggest this government,in England,have not done a very good job surrounding Covid yet the French clubs travel to England at great cost to themselves.
London suggest it is not a level playing field when a full time side such as themselves need to go to France but part time sides don't.
Risible given their promotions and the recent outgoing,and incoming,clubs regarding The Championship.
What a great sport for being controversial on a regular basis...
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 am  

Someday wrote:
Someday Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 926
Ornery Optimist wrote:
It seems the French club have gone to the trouble and expense of supplying a private jet to keep the London party in their private bubble.
Another source of embarrassment when people suggest this government,in England,have not done a very good job surrounding Covid yet the French clubs travel to England at great cost to themselves.
London suggest it is not a level playing field when a full time side such as themselves need to go to France but part time sides don't.
Risible given their promotions and the recent outgoing,and incoming,clubs regarding The Championship.
What a great sport for being controversial on a regular basis...

I don’t know weather to feel sorry for London or tell them to stop morning and get on with it
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:42 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6336
Quite clear in the operational laws. Any L1/CH club budgeting or spending £750,000 is classed as full-time. Therefore they have different operational laws. The RFL seem to be following the operational laws. Now London will probable find themselves guilty of off field misconduct or bringing the game in to disrepute.
Image
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm  

gardener wrote:
gardener Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm
Posts: 66
I think this is actually more to do with how secure the London squad feel going to France when France is extending their lockdowns as cases surge. Why should London travel to France even if the flight has been paid by Toulouse? It seems weird that major sports governing bodies like golfs European tour who have cancelled the French Open and the ITF have delayed the French Tennis open who are professional outfits and then the clowns at Red Hall seem fit to make a team travel to a country where cases are surging.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm  
Ornery Optimist Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 5118
gardener wrote:
I think this is actually more to do with how secure the London squad feel going to France when France is extending their lockdowns as cases surge. Why should London travel to France even if the flight has been paid by Toulouse? It seems weird that major sports governing bodies like golfs European tour who have cancelled the French Open and the ITF have delayed the French Tennis open who are professional outfits and then the clowns at Red Hall seem fit to make a team travel to a country where cases are surging.


The cases were surging in this country,under the putative nasty party yet Catalans never missed a game; unlike English teams.
About as brave as English GP's who fled their surgeries.
The statement from London Broncos doesn't mention player/staff welfare - just the even playing field.
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:28 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15711
Toulouse have been awarded a 24 - 0 "walkover"
/www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/sport/19219606.london-broncos-refuse-travel-toulouse-olympique/?ref=rss
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:36 pm  

shinymcshine wrote:
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 1881
Given France has gone into a third major lockdown, including nightime curfews and travel restrictions, I honestly don't blame anyone for not wanting to go there just to play sport.
Re: Broncos refuse to go to Toulouse Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 pm  

puroresu_boy wrote:
puroresu_boy Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 554
Farcical. Having rules for different teams makes the competition nothing but a joke.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FGB, Jukesays, Karen, Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza, Saddened!, Xykojen and 127 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,155,1401,74378,5824,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 16th May
CH RND: 6 Whitehaven0-66Toulouse
CH RND: 6 Widnes14-35York
NRL RND: 10 NZ Warriors18-34Parramatta
NRL RND: 10 Melbourne44-18St.George
NRL RND: 10 Gold Coast12-48Penrith
WSL RND: 3 WakefieldW6-74LeedsW
WSL RND: 3 Wire W6-54St.HelensW
WSL RND: 3 BradfordW20-28Hudds W
WSL RND: 3 FeatherstoneW14-42YorkW
L1 RND: 2 Workington50-16LondonS
L1 RND: 2 Barrow40-18Keighley
L1 RND: 2 Doncaster30-22Rochdale
Sat 15th May
CH RND: 6 Batley6-40LondonB
NRL RND: 10 Canterbury18-20Canberra
NRL RND: 10 Cronulla22-32Souths
NRL RND: 10 Sydney30-16NQL Cowboys
L1 RND: 2 Crusaders18-26Hunslet
L1 RND: 2 West Wales10-36Coventry
Fri 14th May
SLRND: 6 Leeds15-13Wakefield
NRL RND: 10 Wests36-18Newcastle
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 10 308 72 236 20
Parramatta 10 294 142 152 18
Melbourne 10 336 126 210 16
Souths 10 267 196 71 16
Sydney 10 284 139 145 14
St.George 10 211 213 -2 10
 
Manly 10 227 240 -13 10
Canberra 10 193 227 -34 8
Gold Coast 10 230 267 -37 8
NZ Warriors 10 207 250 -43 8
Newcastle 10 179 256 -77 8
NQL Cowboys 10 181 285 -104 8
Wests 10 194 280 -86 6
Cronulla 10 174 258 -84 4
Brisbane 10 146 290 -144 4
Canterbury 10 110 300 -190 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40
Leeds 6 78 112 -34 4 69.64 33.33
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20
Wakefield 6 79 169 -90 0 46.75 0
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 5 225 40 185 10 562.50 100
Featherstone 4 128 50 78 8 256 100
Bradford 5 127 134 -7 8 94.78 80
Batley 6 178 128 50 8 139.06 66.67
LondonB 6 164 151 13 7 108.61 58.33
York 6 161 107 54 6 150.47 50
 
Sheffield 5 124 100 24 5 124 50
Halifax 5 155 101 54 4 153.47 40
Dewsbury 5 73 123 -50 4 59.35 40
Oldham 5 82 156 -74 4 52.56 40
Whitehaven 6 109 185 -76 4 58.92 33.33
Newcastle 5 120 153 -33 3 78.43 30
Widnes 6 120 215 -95 3 55.81 25
Swinton 5 74 197 -123 0 37.56 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Workington 2 78 32 46 4 243.75 100
Barrow 2 78 38 40 4 205.26 100
Rochdale 2 62 46 16 2 134.78 50
Crusaders 2 62 50 12 2 124 50
Coventry 2 56 48 8 2 116.67 50
Keighley 2 62 58 4 2 106.90 50
 
Hunslet 2 42 46 -4 2 91.30 50
Doncaster 2 48 66 -18 2 72.73 50
LondonS 2 40 94 -54 0 42.55 0
West Wales 2 26 76 -50 0 34.21 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 3
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4 1,400 100
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4 1,125 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
YorkW 2 58 82 -24 2 70.73 50
Hudds W 2 28 110 -82 2 25.45 50
 
FeatherstoneW 3 20 154 -134 0 12.99 0
BradfordW 3 20 152 -132 0 13.16 0
Wire W 2 14 106 -92 0 13.21 0
WakefieldW 2 6 118 -112 0 5.08 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X