WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Matty Ashton

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Matty Ashton

Matty Ashton Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 pm  

Longbarn Wire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Deserves a topic of his own. Handful of 1st team appearances and looks like hes been in the team 5 years!! Lets hope he keeps progessing like he is. What a superstar he could be....quality!!
Re: Matty Ashton Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:40 pm  

just_browny wrote:
just_browny Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Correct. Genuine rugby instinct and genuine pace. Very very exciting.
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Horne > Myler

Best back row in the game?
Odemwingie wrote:
Depends what you're looking for.

Burgess, Ellis and Thaiday for strenth and being a nother prop.

If you want the whole package then Lockers is the best right now.

boz the warrior wrote:
lee briers is a nice person whoooo luck at lee forming a scrum the wire bum banger

Northampton_Saint wrote:
We have the best pack in the league pretty much,
Re: Matty Ashton Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:54 pm  

CW8 wrote:
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Agree, he's a breath of fresh air for superleague nevermind wire. As I've mentioned on another thread he has it all, he has massive potential.
Re: Matty Ashton Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:18 pm  

User avatarOxford Exile wrote:
Oxford Exile User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

He looks like he's getting more confident...loving the impact he is having....one of those players that comes along that raises excitement levels every time he gets the ball.
top flight since 1895
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:24 am  

ninearches wrote:
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Baptism of fire tonight against a side that didn't come to lose. & came up smelling of roses. His link up for the Austin try was sublime.
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:41 am  
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

He is a strange signing. He should be making mistakes, and his positioning at full back should be all wrong. And that omits the high balls which by rights should be getting dropped every now and then. So he looks like a novice but is playing as though he has had 5 years SL experience under his belt.

He is also a player that seems to be in the right place at the right time when there is a break. Is he just very lucky ? Does he have an old pros instinct ? I think I am coming around to the conclusion that he is so fast he can get in position for every possible break that we make.

My only concern is that we have only signed him on a two year contract. Get him signed up KFP !
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:07 am  

User avatarAsgardian13 wrote:
Asgardian13 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Winslade's Offload wrote:
He is a strange signing. He should be making mistakes, and his positioning at full back should be all wrong. And that omits the high balls which by rights should be getting dropped every now and then. So he looks like a novice but is playing as though he has had 5 years SL experience under his belt.

He is also a player that seems to be in the right place at the right time when there is a break. Is he just very lucky ? Does he have an old pros instinct ? I think I am coming around to the conclusion that he is so fast he can get in position for every possible break that we make.

My only concern is that we have only signed him on a two year contract. Get him signed up KFP !

He looks like a natural. You can't coach that ability to see where a chance is being created and get ito position to back up. Whan added to his raw pace that's a threatening combination. He's alo a confident defender.
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am  

Damienc wrote:
Damienc Stevo's Armpit

He is a real talent, looking forward to seeing how he improves over the years as I think honestly he has the makings to be an amazing player.

Both me and my dad said we hope he is not another Penny, good player who for the life of us cannot think why he was dropped the way he was.
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:02 am  

Robwire wrote:
Robwire Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

A signing that didn’t get much excitement when it was made but now he’s here is knocking socks off left right and centre.
Re: Matty Ashton Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:10 am  

Alffi_7 wrote:
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

He has that knack of being in the right place at the right time - similar to Danny McGuire when he came on to the scene.

If he can develop his passing game working with the likes of Briers & Ratchford, he will be genuinely top class.
Next