WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Aus GF
Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:13 am  

fez1 wrote:
fez1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

We may complain about our refs but with 20 minutes to go I can only say that the refs seem to have a different rule book to the one I'm reading.
There have been at least 3 controversial decisions resulting in try/ no tries.
As well as that there's been a few head high shots and lots of dragging, plus knock ons/ forward passes missed.
Not overly impressed.
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:23 am  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Turned it off after the 4 try. The ref is almost as bad as Gould in commentary. Game was over before halftime.
What a disappointing way to end a season of such diversity and pain.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:56 am  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

fez1 wrote:
We may complain about our refs but with 20 minutes to go I can only say that the refs seem to have a different rule book to the one I'm reading.
There have been at least 3 controversial decisions resulting in try/ no tries.
As well as that there's been a few head high shots and lots of dragging, plus knock ons/ forward passes missed.
Not overly impressed.

Which were the three that you thought were controversial, and did you think any of them were the wrong call? I honestly couldn't think that there were any that I disagreed with (with the exception of the second try chalked off for Penrith, which I missed and haven't had a proper look at). There were some grabs round the neck that were overlooked, and the ref giving a penalty retrospectively after shouting six to go. Other than that, not that much to chastise the ref about.
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:12 pm  
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Shame that Penrith never turned up until it was too late.

Was similar to the Cas/Leeds GF, where the season's best got done by a team used to the pressures of big match RL.

Am I okay to dream of us getting Cleary and Papenhuyzen as our marquee signings? :lol:
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 pm  

User avatarShazbaz wrote:
Shazbaz User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I agree. First Penrith try was blatant obstruction should not have been given. Disappointing final especially when game was won in first 40.
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:58 pm  

shinymcshine wrote:
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shazbaz wrote:
I agree. First Penrith try was blatant obstruction should not have been given. Disappointing final especially when game was won in first 40.

Apart from, no defender was actually obstructed.

I'm surprised they gave it though, using NRL rules, but under SL interpretation I wasn't surprised it stood.
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:42 pm  
Mighty_Wires88 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Phil Gould was almost as biased as Phil Clarke on commentary. Penrith just left themselves to much to do with not enough time, they certainly have a young enough side to challenge the next couple years if they manage to keep the squad together.
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 pm  

DizzyHeights wrote:
DizzyHeights Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Hopefully Ashton can develop into our own version of Papenhuyzen.. one can only dream eh? Superb from the young lad today
Re: Aus GF Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm  
Dezzies_right_hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

shinymcshine wrote:
Apart from, no defender was actually obstructed.

I'm surprised they gave it though, using NRL rules, but under SL interpretation I wasn't surprised it stood.

Nobody was obstructed so it's not an obstruction common sense prevailed!

I thought the Melbourne loose forward looked like just the kind of player we need to replace bmm. I can only dream lol
Re: Aus GF Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:43 am  
Freddie Miller. Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

rubber duckie wrote:
Turned it off after the 4 try. The ref is almost as bad as Gould in commentary. Game was over before halftime.
What a disappointing way to end a season of such diversity and pain.

After that 4th try a conversion by Cameron Smith would have equaled a GF points record of 16 pts held by a former Warrington great of the 40's and 50's. I first saw him play for you in Hull in the late 40's with Roy Francis and Brian Bevan in the same team.

Am sure you know who this player was.
Next