Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: akuila uate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:33 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:22 am
Posts: 62
Sorry I will have missed all conversations on this as I have been away but where has he gone? Started badly but thought he might have got better.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:05 am 
100% League Network
100% League Network
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11775
Location: Durham
He has been injured all season with his ankle apparently.

Not like us to spend big money on an antipodean whose only role is to keep the medical team in a job






Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:40 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
played with an injury early season , least he put his hand up to help the team... decided to get him in for an op... had problems with it and may not see him till next season now






HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1036
GIANTSRL wrote:played with an injury early season , least he put his hand up to help the team... decided to get him in for an op... had problems with it and may not see him till next season now


Anyone would have thought it was his hand that was injured as he couldn't catch anything. Hopefully his ankle surgery will mean he can now catch.

Shows how badly the club is run if they would play an injured player instead of getting him right. Shambles from top to bottom.

That said, I hope he goes home at seasons end. Waste of cap space and fed up of this club carrying passengers.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:54 am
Posts: 2545
Location: In my Volvo XC90
GiantJake1988 wrote:
GIANTSRL wrote:played with an injury early season , least he put his hand up to help the team... decided to get him in for an op... had problems with it and may not see him till next season now


Anyone would have thought it was his hand that was injured as he couldn't catch anything. Hopefully his ankle surgery will mean he can now catch.

Shows how badly the club is run if they would play an injured player instead of getting him right. Shambles from top to bottom.

That said, I hope he goes home at seasons end. Waste of cap space and fed up of this club carrying passengers.



To be fair he was injured, and if you had asked me before the season started which Aussie winger I would like to have at the Giants he would have been in my top 4 players. He has scored some great tries in Australia. Every new player doesn`t rip it up on his first season.






[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:02 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1036
Giantscorpio wrote:To be fair he was injured, and if you had asked me before the season started which Aussie winger I would like to have at the Giants he would have been in my top 4 players. He has scored some great tries in Australia. Every new player doesn`t rip it up on his first season.


5 years ago then yes I agree. However, there were at least 15 wingers better than Uate in the NRL last year. Hes 32 shortly and well well well well well past his sell by date.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
Giantscorpio wrote:To be fair he was injured, and if you had asked me before the season started which Aussie winger I would like to have at the Giants he would have been in my top 4 players. He has scored some great tries in Australia. Every new player doesn`t rip it up on his first season.


yep... im prepared to give him a chance yet

he has nothing to prove, his career says it all...top class.

if he returns and is past it then fair enough it was a waste of money but till then will wait.

wont win anything with seniors on the wings, not at this young age anyway.

for now mcgillvary and mcintosh on the wings is more than good enough. its full back which is void now not the wings and centre/s






HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:45 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
out for the season






HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: akuila uate
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1036
GIANTSRL wrote:out for the season


Hopefully hell do right thing and call time on his career

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 





It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:55 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:55 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,984,0951,01077,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 14th Feb 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 19th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL FC
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
TORONTO
Sun 12th Apr 15:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Sun 3rd May 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 24th May 12:30
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
TORONTO
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 19th Jun 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





26

.