Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:37 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1511
Gave a Masterclass of kicking on Friday night, Despite his age he still has the game on his day. I know most on here were begging for him to go from the Giants and I'm not saying they were wrong but i wasn't one of them, He was far from our worst player but he was getting into a lot of bother with the ref's.

I know people are going to say " well he hasn't done Wakey much good has he" and that may have some truth to it but that's ever been a problem with talented players like Brough, they are expected to work miracles for their club ( which he did for us for a few seasons) and for people who thought we desperately needed for him to go, i say Look how we have rocketed forward since he did.

All water under the bridge i know, Just thought it worth a mention, Incidentally , really glad that Wakey like us live to fight another day, and hope things go well with their Ground.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:25 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Posts: 276
move on brough is history and wakefield have gone from a top 5 club to relegation fodder in 1 season with him there

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:03 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
Posts: 243
Location: Horbury, a small town in Wakefield
Jo Jumbuck wrote:Gave a Masterclass of kicking on Friday night, Despite his age he still has the game on his day. I know most on here were begging for him to go from the Giants and I'm not saying they were wrong but i wasn't one of them, He was far from our worst player but he was getting into a lot of bother with the ref's.

I know people are going to say " well he hasn't done Wakey much good has he" and that may have some truth to it but that's ever been a problem with talented players like Brough, they are expected to work miracles for their club ( which he did for us for a few seasons) and for people who thought we desperately needed for him to go, i say Look how we have rocketed forward since he did.

All water under the bridge i know, Just thought it worth a mention, Incidentally , really glad that Wakey like us live to fight another day, and hope things go well with their Ground.

Thank you, a well reasoned sensible post. Local rivalry resumed on the pitch, good natured banter between most fans of both teams. On the stadium front. Michael Carter spoke on tv after Fridays game saying, good news within four weeks. I know we’ve all heard this before, but this time I think good news is due.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:42 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1511
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:move on brough is history and wakefield have gone from a top 5 club to relegation fodder in 1 season with him there


Whereas we have gone from 6th to below Wakey again and even bigger relegation fodder. Anyway it was just a comment on a player having a good game, I know that gets frowned on on this board unless it's about the Giants, but Hey ho

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9346
Who cares about wakey (and their never ending promises and announcenents) move on - most of the rest of us have.






the future's bright the future's claret and gold

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:27 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1141
SpainesRoadFartown wrote:move on brough is history and wakefield have gone from a top 5 club to relegation fodder in 1 season with him there


Fodder, interesting use of the word, so how are we fodder exactly? Nobody was relegation fodder this year but you seem unable to spot that. Cas have got in the top 5 with just four more wins than both of us, hardly a gulf is it. Considering the injuries we and yourselves have suffered at key points I'd say both teams were a million miles from fodder but hey you have it your way.

As for Brough, hes still got it, just not often enough these days. Your decision to replace him was probably the right one, who you replaced him with probably wasn't. We needed an HB and CC thought Brough fitted the bill, which he has some of the time, on balance CC got it right but only just whilst next season has a huge question mark over it concerning Brough IMO.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:55 pm 
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:09 am
Posts: 31082
Location: Gods Own County
Brough was a liability for us for about 3 seasons before he moved on, he has had some good moments at Wakefield and good for him. However Gaskell is now better for us than Brough was, and Brough didnt work well with the other backs we had

Good luck to him, he was a favourite when he was with us for sure, but I'd say we are better without him

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 1141
Code13 wrote:Brough was a liability for us for about 3 seasons before he moved on, he has had some good moments at Wakefield and good for him. However Gaskell is now better for us than Brough was, and Brough didnt work well with the other backs we had

Good luck to him, he was a favourite when he was with us for sure, but I'd say we are better without him


I get your point but better without him! You were far better when you had him up until the last few years, what you aren't is anywhere near as good as you were when you first signed him if that makes sense.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:02 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Posts: 1009
Fishermanscap wrote:I get your point but better without him! You were far better when you had him up until the last few years, what you aren't is anywhere near as good as you were when you first signed him if that makes sense.


It does make sense. Danny is probably one of the most naturally talented players I have ever seen. Maybe Brett Kenny and Wally Lewis ahead of him.

Before Father Time caught up with him even with his failures he was a great asset .

If his attitude was better he could have been one of the all time greats.

At giants the negatives began to outweigh the positives probably three years ago.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny Brough
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:49 pm
Posts: 276
theres a reason we let the best player weve had in years go, he was past his best as wakey are now finding out. he was a great player but isn't now, how hard is it to understand

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next





It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,77291077,8584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





26

.