WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for Leeds

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Team for Leeds

Team for Leeds Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1371
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Assuming the worst and Hardaker and Flower are out

Sarginson
Marshall
Hankinson
Gildart
Burgess
Williams
Sammut (hopefully)
Clubb
Leuluai
O'Loughlin
Farrell
Greenwood (hopefully)
Smithies

Bullock
Partington/Navarette
Isa
Powell

Got to be said our front row options are pretty awful :(
Re: Team for Leeds Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:21 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7380
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Whether Hardaker is fit or not, I think it might be worth seeing how Sarginson goes at fullback for this one. Im not sure him defending against Hurrell on the right will end well in any case.

Sarginson
Marshall
Hardaker/Hankinson
Gildart
Burgess
Williams
Leuluai
Bullock
Powell
Navarette
Farrell
Greenwood
O'Loughlin

Sammut
Isa
Smithies
Clubb
Re: Team for Leeds Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 pm  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 866
Location: Out and about in Wigan
Hardaker/Sarginson
Marshall
Sarginson/Hankinson
Gildart
Burgess
Williams
Sammut
Clubb
Leuluai
Bullock
Greenwood
Farrell
O’Loughlin

Bryne
Partington
Smithies
Powell
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:47 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23881
Location: WIGAN
I’d be inclined to give Sarginson the fullback shirt also. There’s no doubt it’s his best position and if Hardaker is fit but not quite 100% then not covering the ground a full back has to may help him and he’s defensively very sound.

The props are the real worry and it’s tough to have any real confidence in whichever group we’re able to field. It’s safe to say Flower won’t be playing and Tautai must surely have done enough to be left out. In that case I’d go-

Sarginson
Marshall Hardaker Gildart Burgess
Williams Sammut
Clubb Powell O’Loughlin
Isa Greenwood Farrell

Subs
Bullock
Navarette
Smithies
Leuluai
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 am  

Bigredwarrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 2660
We need a bench that ensures we don’t lose any intensity when we start to rotate. That’s where our major issues tend to start.
Assuming Hardaker and Flower miss out.
Sarginson Marshall, Hankinson, Gildart Burgess
Williams Sammut
Clubb Powell Navarette
Farrell Greenwood Smithies

Lockers, Isa, Bullock Leuluai
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:49 am  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4256
Location: location, location
It`s interesting reading the posts on here and linking them to the posts we have on our (Leeds) site.
Almost a carbon copy with a poor coach, senior players not helping the youngsters, poor recruitment, lack of effort etc etc.
The fact neither team recruited well enough when decent players left also sounds familiar.
We or should I say some of our posters are now saying relegation this year should not happen in light of us looking like we could finish bottom.
Sounds a bit like the Brexit vote!!
What`s the view from your side of the fence?
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:10 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1217
Location: Watching Rugby League
chapylad wrote:
We or should I say some of our posters are now saying relegation this year should not happen in light of us looking like we could finish bottom.
Sounds a bit like the Brexit vote!!
What`s the view from your side of the fence?


Everyone knew the rules at the start of the season. Finish 12th and you go down whether you are Wigan, Leeds, London or Hull KR. For the integrity of the sport that has to happen even if we or yourselves finish bottom, which I don't think will happen anyway.
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:18 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1371
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Egg Chasing wrote:
Everyone knew the rules at the start of the season. Finish 12th and you go down whether you are Wigan, Leeds, London or Hull KR. For the integrity of the sport that has to happen even if we or yourselves finish bottom, which I don't think will happen anyway.


It would be mortifying if we finished bottom and the rules were miraculously changed to prevent relegation, worse than any of the cap breach fiascos.
The team that finishes bottom must go down.
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1217
Location: Watching Rugby League
apollosghost wrote:
It would be mortifying if we finished bottom and the rules were miraculously changed to prevent relegation, worse than any of the cap breach fiascos.
The team that finishes bottom must go down.


Agreed
Re: Team for Leeds Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:26 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14456
chapylad wrote:
It`s interesting reading the posts on here and linking them to the posts we have on our (Leeds) site.
Almost a carbon copy with a poor coach, senior players not helping the youngsters, poor recruitment, lack of effort etc etc.
The fact neither team recruited well enough when decent players left also sounds familiar.
We or should I say some of our posters are now saying relegation this year should not happen in light of us looking like we could finish bottom.
Sounds a bit like the Brexit vote!!
What`s the view from your side of the fence?


In 2006 we were dead certs for relegation by this stage of the season, unlike now when we are only one of a large group of potential relegation candidates.

Ironically, in 2006 we were getting bigger crowds than this year, and calls for relegation to be suspended were coming from other clubs too, as various chairmen didn't want to lose the income provided by Wigan's travelling army.

None of us thought that would happen, though, as it would have looked like outrageous favouritism.

That said, I have sympathy for your position.

One-up/one-down sounds like a good idea until it is a well-established, well-supported club like Wigan or Leeds who are facing the drop ... especially when the replacement could be someone who plays at poor facilities in front of a mediocre crowd, brings one man and his dog when travelling away, and has almost no track record at all for producing quality SL players or making exciting signings who will set the league alight. And once you're down there, there's no prospect of a quick return - ask Bradford, whose presence as a big-hitter we are still missing.

I don't really know what the solution is, but even though I'm Wigan through and through and Leeds are almost blood-enemies, I don't want them relegated. The British game needs all the big clubs it can get.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anglesey Warrior, Edinburgh Warrior, Fujiman, green machine, hatty, jonh, S_Riley, The Ghost of '99, Willzay and 207 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,053,5391,26578,1424,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts