JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 12:1214th Apr 24 18:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:37 am  
I've got to say that I found Jackson Hastings' mooning like a love sick teenager over Salford nauseating last night. Enough already! He needs to decide which club he plays for because last night was disrespectful to this great club and it's fans.

Walking back like he'd just run over his own dog after his try was disgraceful and pushing away team mates who were trying to congratulate him was just not acceptable. He seems more concerned with remaining a few thousand Salford fan's pin-up boy than doing what's best for Wigan.

Games, especially tight games, are often won and lost by the extra 1 percents. The extra desire, the extra effort and the extra mental toughness. Last night was one such game but, unfortunately, the players showing those extra 1 percents were in Salford colours. Jackson Hastings helped facilitate this.

He said that the team "parked the bus". Well, when a bus gets parked it's usually the bus driver that does the parking and, for Wigan, the 'bus driver' is Jackson Hastings. When we went ahead he thought we were comfortable and, rather than humiliate his former team, decided that was enough. His former team, on the other hand, were happy to humiliate him. Man of Steel? I didn't see much steel in his attitude last night!

I said on another thread that we'd miss Zak Hardaker and never was this clearer than last night. There you have someone who is proud to wear the shirt. I'm sure he has a soft spot for Cas and Leeds but when he plays for us there is only one badge on his chest and that badge says Ancient and LOYAL. Hastings could do with reading it next time he pulls on the shirt.

I'm not usually one for bagging individual players and I like Hastings. However last night's attitude was a disgrace and no way to go into a top flight sporting contest. His attitude set the tone. Salford wanted it more and it showed.

He needs to work out where his LOYALties lie.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3867
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 201212 years110th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 15:3816th Apr 24 19:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:42 am  
Phuzzy wrote:
I've got to say that I found Jackson Hastings' mooning like a love sick teenager over Salford nauseating last night. Enough already! He needs to decide which club he plays for because last night was disrespectful to this great club and it's fans.

Walking back like he'd just run over his own dog after his try was disgraceful and pushing away team mates who were trying to congratulate him was just not acceptable. He seems more concerned with remaining a few thousand Salford fan's pin-up boy than doing what's best for Wigan.

Games, especially tight games, are often won and lost by the extra 1 percents. The extra desire, the extra effort and the extra mental toughness. Last night was one such game but, unfortunately, the players showing those extra 1 percents were in Salford colours. Jackson Hastings helped facilitate this.

He said that the team "parked the bus". Well, when a bus gets parked it's usually the bus driver that does the parking and, for Wigan, the 'bus driver' is Jackson Hastings. When we went ahead he thought we were comfortable and, rather than humiliate his former team, decided that was enough. His former team, on the other hand, were happy to humiliate him. Man of Steel? I didn't see much steel in his attitude last night!

I said on another thread that we'd miss Zak Hardaker and never was this clearer than last night. There you have someone who is proud to wear the shirt. I'm sure he has a soft spot for Cas and Leeds but when he plays for us there is only one badge on his chest and that badge says Ancient and LOYAL. Hastings could do with reading it next time he pulls on the shirt.

I'm not usually one for bagging individual players and I like Hastings. However last night's attitude was a disgrace and no way to go into a top flight sporting contest. His attitude set the tone for mine. Salford wanted it more and it showed.

He needs to work out where his LOYALties lie.

I've actually been really impressed by Hastings commitment and enthusiasm this season. Along with ZH he's been a great at getting the team going and celebrating every try. Look again at the Marshall wonder try and see who the first man in and what his reaction is.

For me there's nothing wrong with being respectful to a club that helped turn his life around. Salford, Watson and the owners played a massive part in his rehabilitation. This isn't your normal player Vs ex club thing.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years88th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am  
Absolute poop. Plenty of players don't celebrate when they score against former clubs. If he was that big a Salford fan he'd have knocked on over the line.

What was nauseating was Sky going on about it as though he's the only player to ever play against his former club but as pepper says they did help turn his life around.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5201
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 am  
sergeant pepper wrote:
I've actually been really impressed by Hastings commitment and enthusiasm this season. Along with ZH he's been a great at getting the team going and celebrating every try. Look again at the Marshall wonder try and see who the first man in and what his reaction is.

For me there's nothing wrong with being respectful to a club that helped turn his life around. Salford, Watson and the owners played a massive part in his rehabilitation. This isn't your normal player Vs ex club thing.

I'm sorry but it's not acceptable. You're saying his commitment is fine as long as it isn't against Salford? Mate, that's just bs! What happens if we meet them in the playoffs, a final or a knockout game? Would this attitude sit ok with you then? He plays for Wigan. Mooning about like a love sick teenager for another club isn't acceptable. Commitment to the cause is everything and sets a tone. We lost last night because of it.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 16:4015th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:51 am  
Phuzzy wrote:
sergeant pepper wrote:

I'm sorry but it's not acceptable. You're saying his commitment is fine as long as it isn't against Salford? Mate, that's just bs! What happens if we meet them in the playoffs, a final or a knockout game? Would this attitude sit ok with you then? He plays for Wigan. Mooning about like a love sick teenager for another club isn't acceptable. Commitment to the cause is everything and sets a tone. We lost last night because of it.

Sorry pal
The only BS is your post.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5201
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:51 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:
Absolute poop. Plenty of players don't celebrate when they score against former clubs. If he was that big a Salford fan he'd have knocked on over the line.

What was nauseating was Sky going on about it as though he's the only player to ever play against his former club but as pepper says they did help turn his life around.

There's a difference between not celebrating and pushing your own players away. What the hell is wrong with you? This is good enough for Wigan now? Mate, don't complain about anything else if this is good enough for you. Be happy that Salford are getting respect.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5201
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 am  
Jukesays wrote:
Sorry pal
The only BS is your post.

Hey mate, as long as your happy. Enjoy the loss.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 16:4015th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:55 am  
Phuzzy wrote:
Hey mate, as long as your happy. Enjoy the loss.

Who said I was happy?
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5201
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200617 years122nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:57 am  
Jukesays wrote:
Who said I was happy?

Well apparently our main playmaker being more concerned with the opposition is ok with you so I'm assuming you must be ok with us "parking the bus".

A serious question: Do you believe that attitude and mental strength are important at this level?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15183No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 14 200618 years191st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 13:398th Apr 24 17:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Hastings : Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:59 am  
It seems odd that the first game this season in which we see very little of Jackson Hastings is during his return to Salford.

But let's be honest, he wasn't the only one who went missing.

It was a poop show all round.
Next