WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - DW Stadium

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors DW Stadium

DW Stadium Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 am  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6150
Location: Wigan
Rumours on the other forum that the ground is being sold off separate from the football team.

Wonder if Mr Leneghan is the buyer?

https://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/viewt ... =4&t=38997
Re: DW Stadium Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:06 am  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1479
Location: Watching Rugby League
Not happening
Re: DW Stadium Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:03 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6637
Surely not. Buying a stadium at this point in time would be crazy, unless it's a very cheap deal.
Re: DW Stadium Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:12 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1479
Location: Watching Rugby League
Wigg'n wrote:
Surely not. Buying a stadium at this point in time would be crazy, unless it's a very cheap deal.


The stadium won't be for sale as a sole asset until it becomes apparent that latics are going to go pop and they sell them all off.
Re: DW Stadium Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:14 pm  

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Wigan
If tics go pop the stadium's value will plummet as the land can't be used for anything other than football or rugby due to a covenant so the land has zero value to a property developer.
Re: DW Stadium Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:56 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18837
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Rumours on the other forum that the ground is being sold off separate from the football team.

Wonder if Mr Leneghan is the buyer?

https://www.wiganwarriorsfans.com/viewt ... =4&t=38997


Where do you get that from that? I don't go on that site so don't know if he has a history of 'getting things right', but one thing I did get from it was "I know something nobody else does, and I'm not telling".
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: DW Stadium Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:33 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13971
MattyB wrote:
Where do you get that from that? I don't go on that site so don't know if he has a history of 'getting things right', but one thing I did get from it was "I know something nobody else does, and I'm not telling".

They give him loads of credibility but I've no idea why. His recent scoops were that we would be signing Denny Solomona and Widdop, a player had failed a drugs test last year, and that Bateman wouldn't be coming. He called Sammut right but a lot of people were already saying it by that point.
Last edited by Grimmy on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: DW Stadium Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:36 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18837
Grimmy wrote:
They give him loads of credibility but I've no idea why. His recent scoops were that we would be signing Denny Solomona and Widdop, a player had failed a drugs test last year, and that Bateman wouldn't be coming. The only thing I've seen him get right was Sammut.


Ah right..... a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: DW Stadium Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:39 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13971
MattyB wrote:
Ah right..... a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Yeah, looking at the timing and thinking back, Sammut was a strong rumour for a good while by that point anyway.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: DW Stadium Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:59 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 14552
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
Grimmy wrote:
They give him loads of credibility but I've no idea why. His recent scoops were that we would be signing Denny Solomona and Widdop, a player had failed a drugs test last year, and that Bateman wouldn't be coming. He called Sammut right but a lot of people were already saying it by that point.


I believe hes the lad that owns/runs fir tree fishery in appley bridge which half the wigan team fish at. He could be right or wrong but he has been right previously on various subjects so who knows
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, ChrisA, CM Punk, Davc1h, Egg Chasing, Froggy, JWarriors, NickyKiss, NSW, P-J, Phuzzy, Pugsley Snr, stpatricks, tedglen and 161 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,073,7851,08278,2314,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts