WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H)

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H)

Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:41 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Brick with eyes wrote:
Get Jack Wells in for Smithies . Wells had a good game for Toronto pre lockdown scoring after breaking the line 20 metres out . I've not seen Smithies break any lines despite his raw enthusiasm. Wells won't give as many pens away either

Could Wells be effective at prop? In the current format this may be a route into the the starting 17
I hope he can kick in after his injuries
I’m not going to criticise Smithies but Wells May well be a better prospect as his all round game may be better
Hopefully both will be regular first teamers going forward
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 am  

Cherry.Pie wrote:
Cherry.Pie Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
Could Wells be effective at prop? In the current format this may be a route into the the starting 17
I hope he can kick in after his injuries
I’m not going to criticise Smithies but Wells May well be a better prospect as his all round game may be better
Hopefully both will be regular first teamers going forward

Wells has played as a 'middle' quite frequently. Technically it may have been as a loose forward but it's the same role. I'd love to see him get a chance now as he's had rotten luck with his foot injury. He's not on our retained list for next season and I can understand why, but I'd love to see him get a chance, put in some good performances and change peoples minds. Whether that's as a middle or playing in the second row (freeing Isa to play in the middle).

He's got the size, he's great at breaking through gaps in the defence, can offload and has a good work rate. I just think he needs the chance to prove himself in SL as he's been so unlucky, first with missing a year through injury and then having his loan at Toronto cut short.

Speaking of our loans to Toronto, I'm assuming Ben Kilner is still at the club. Another player hit by injury but he looked really promising in pre-season. If he goes through this year without any game time it's going to be a real shame.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:24 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I seen that with the retained list about Wells but when he signed his new deal last year, it was reported as being for 2 years. I hope that is the case because I think he could be a guy a Saints, Leeds, Wire etc pick up and he then goes on to be a top class player.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:25 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

After watching Catalans destroy Wakefield it puts more emphasis on tomorrow IMO. The win last week looks more lucky than deserved after that and given Leeds were taken to the cleaners last week by Saints, it really is a test for us to see where we really are. If we can’t put a poor Leeds side to the sword it’s worrying IMO.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

100% Warrior wrote:
After watching Catalans destroy Wakefield it puts more emphasis on tomorrow IMO. The win last week looks more lucky than deserved after that and given Leeds were taken to the cleaners last week by Saints, it really is a test for us to see where we really are. If we can’t put a poor Leeds side to the sword it’s worrying IMO.

Yeah today's result does not bode well.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:55 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MadDogg wrote:
Yeah today's result does not bode well.

We could always cling to the old "teams never back up after they've played Wigan" card.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:01 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not sure what todays result has to do with anything. The only result that does really is Leeds taking a hiding last week and how they react
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Greenwood on the bench, along with Joe Shorrocks - surprised at that.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:45 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

Hicks is literally clueless. How was that a tackle in the air? Both grabbed the ball at the same time.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:59 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Silver RLFANS Member

Yet another f**k up, embarrassing :roll:
PreviousNext