WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H)

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H)

Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:07 am  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

P-J wrote:
That's because Hastings is driving at the line on the 4th tackle. Bizarre tactic.

Why?
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:31 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I just re-watched the game. I agree last-tackle options weren't always great, but what did strike me was that Hastings really put in a shift. And Harry Smith has been working on his tackling. And bar that awful pass behind everyone, he was fine. Seems to me that our defence is decent, we clearly have plenty of attacking threat and can score some great tries. The fact that were're not meshing together often enough is a matter of polish, the raw materials are there.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:49 am  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

moto748 wrote:
I just re-watched the game. I agree last-tackle options weren't always great, but what did strike me was that Hastings really put in a shift. And Harry Smith has been working on his tackling. And bar that awful pass behind everyone, he was fine. Seems to me that our defence is decent, we clearly have plenty of attacking threat and can score some great tries. The fact that were're not meshing together often enough is a matter of polish, the raw materials are there.

Well said mate!
When we click we will score points for fun, just need a bit longer on the training pitch and match sharpness. And the defence is as good as Wane's days, although a few too many missed tackles.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:36 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The defence, workrate and camaraderie is terrific - far better than last year. Often we look good with the ball too. Great base to work from - if we can make less errors and be smarter with kick plays we'll be a very good team.

I would bring Burgess and O'Loughlin back in for Shorrocks and Clark - not sure there's a spot for Flower and Partington at the moment. I'd also like to see Greenwood continue ideally but it probably makes sense that he gives way for Leuluai so there is a hooker/halfback option on the bench.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

You’d imagine Lam will pretty much have a full squad to choose from in a couple of games time, so his 17 will be very interesting when that is the case. There’s a couple of guys who’ll need to smash the door down against Catalans (if they get picked) if they want to keep a spot (Bibby, Greenwood and Clark in particular). The picture isn’t as clear now because you can’t leave out Byrne or Havard. They’ve both made a spot their own IMO.
Re: RD 9 | Leeds Rhinos (H) Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:29 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MadDogg wrote:
The defence, workrate and camaraderie is terrific - far better than last year. Often we look good with the ball too. Great base to work from - if we can make less errors and be smarter with kick plays we'll be a very good team.

I would bring Burgess and O'Loughlin back in for Shorrocks and Clark - not sure there's a spot for Flower and Partington at the moment. I'd also like to see Greenwood continue ideally but it probably makes sense that he gives way for Leuluai so there is a hooker/halfback option on the bench.

Partington still banned for this one I think, 4 game ban I think he got, served the Salford game pre lockdown and the last 2 weeks.

Lam said him and Gildart should be back the week after Catalan.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Previous