WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The most frustrating player

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors The most frustrating player

The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:28 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17397
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Take a bow Joe Burgess.

Clearly the lad is a great talent he is physically superb and has some great skills.

I just wish he didn’t need a massive kick up the booty to get the best out of him.

So much talent but it only seems when he is shown the door at a club he gets his head on and tries to prove them wrong.

Salford have one hell of a player next year...if he remains motivated.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:37 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24310
Location: WIGAN
With Marshall’s injury and him hitting top gear I keep sitting their wondering if it’s too late to keep him but will we get out of him what we’re getting currently on a regular basis? He us absolutely busting a gut at the minute to impress, putting effort on efforts in defence, hustling people and working his backside off in attack.

So much talent, an absolute top player in natural ability terms but he’s the ultimate drifter, who just walks through some spells in his career. If he does hit top form next year Salford will have a gun back line. It’s a bit maverick in parts but Escare, Sio, Watkins, Sarginson and Burgess will trouble plenty of teams. I could’ve sworn they were meant to be skint!
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6702
I think he’s been awesome the last few weeks.

Considering we’re (probably) losing French and Marshall will be coming back from an ACL, I think it would’ve been shrewd to keep him on. Bibby had a tough time tonight and we don’t have anyone about to step up from U18s. If Marshall and Manfredi get injuries next year we’re screwed. Unless we sign another winger of course.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:53 pm  

User avatarChrisA wrote:
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Oldham.
I was gutted when he signed for Salford, when he's on form he's immense, as good as any winger In SL. It was his lack of form last year that scuppered it for him.

I've no doubt he'd sooner be at Wigan than going to Salford. I'd much sooner he was at Wigan. We're OK having 43 props, but 3 wingers. No get rid...
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17397
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Wigg'n wrote:
I think he’s been awesome the last few weeks.

Considering we’re (probably) losing French and Marshall will be coming back from an ACL, I think it would’ve been shrewd to keep him on. Bibby had a tough time tonight and we don’t have anyone about to step up from U18s. If Marshall and Manfredi get injuries next year we’re screwed. Unless we sign another winger of course.


I think had Marshall picked up the injury before Burgess had signed for Salford we would have retained him.

I now fully expect us to bring in a winger in the offseason.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:02 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14120
Wigg'n wrote:
I think he’s been awesome the last few weeks.

Considering we’re (probably) losing French and Marshall will be coming back from an ACL, I think it would’ve been shrewd to keep him on. Bibby had a tough time tonight and we don’t have anyone about to step up from U18s. If Marshall and Manfredi get injuries next year we’re screwed. Unless we sign another winger of course.

Are you so sure it was purely our choice? He may prefer being first choice at Salford rather than reserve when everyone is fit at Wigan. I also presume he would generally be a bigger fish at Salford so could be offered a larger portion of their cap.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17397
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Grimmy wrote:
Are you so sure it was purely our choice? He may prefer being first choice at Salford rather than reserve when everyone is fit at Wigan. I also presume he would generally be a bigger fish at Salford so could be offered a larger portion of their cap.


That’s the point.

If he played like he was motivated week in week out he would be one of our starting wingers.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:24 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14120
jonh wrote:
That’s the point.

If he played like he was motivated week in week out he would be one of our starting wingers.

Oh for sure! I'm just not convinced it's as simple as Wigan deciding we want him after all now.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 327
Have I missed something or has it not been made official that Burgess is going?
Re: The most frustrating player Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17397
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Grimmy wrote:
Oh for sure! I'm just not convinced it's as simple as Wigan deciding we want him after all now.


Clearly not given he is leaving and has signed elsewhere.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Steve, Cherry toffee, ChrisA, CobraCraig, Egg Chasing, exiled Warrior, Father Ted, hatty, hengirl, Itchy Arsenal, jeffb, jonh, Jukesays, lothlorian, MadDogg, MOUSE13, NSW, proper-shaped-balls, Pugsley Snr, roo67, sergeant pepper, The Whiffy Kipper, verbatim, wigginswarrior, WWste and 206 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,8401,29578,2854,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X