WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Walmsley
Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:10 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

How many games will he get for that disgusting tackle on Wells,the amount of times people have rightly criticised Wigan for those types of tackles,it will be interesting to see the outcome from the disciplinary.We need the video referee to help the onfield referee in situations like these
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:16 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I thought the same thing. Has that been a Wigan player commentators would have been up in arms and sky would have showed a thousand replays, there would also be a 20 page thread on the VT (there may be I haven’t looked).

It was direct contact with the knee against its natural movement and caused medial ligament damage, he should get matches for it.

I wouldn’t call it disgusting, players sometimes get it wrong, on this occasion he got it wrong.
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:19 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

An accidental tip tackle and a half arsed attack on the kicker (not in the same league as some the likes of Lam used to take in a derby) are sin bin offences but a cannonball tackle isn't even put on report by the ref.

Interesting.

Then again they could also have seen yellows for a crusher and a chicken wing in that tackle and didn't
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:21 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Free-scoring winger

The chicken wing, certainly. Didn’t see the crusher.
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:23 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Trainman wrote:
The chicken wing, certainly. Didn’t see the crusher.

Graham ends up pushing down on his neck after walmsley chops him in half
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:24 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen but still clumsy. I don’t even think the evil Wigan team have managed an attempted chicken wing (by Graham), to then go in to a crusher tackle (Graham) whilst Walmsley then goes in for the joints of the knee.

All were just a bit clumsy and I’d be very surprised if any bans came out of it but we’d be crucified for that sequence.
Last edited by NickyKiss on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm  

NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Egg Chasing wrote:
Graham ends up pushing down on his neck after walmsley chops him in half

Not just me then! Wells avoids the chicken wing, it then goes in to a crusher and Walmsley puts the cherry on top taking his knee.

I’ve been frustrated enough by our bans to say there’s not a great deal in any of them ‘but’ if that was a sequence involving Wigan, there would be two bans on the back of it without any question.
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Not just me then! Wells avoids the chicken wing, it then goes in to a crusher and Walmsley puts the cherry on top taking his knee.

I’ve been frustrated enough by our bans to say there’s not a great deal in any of them ‘but’ if that was a sequence involving Wigan, there would be two bans on the back of it without any question.

If Terry O’Connor doesn’t go “ooooo that’s a shocker that” it’s not a crusher tackle.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:34 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen but still clumsy. I don’t even think the evil Wigan team have managed an attempted chicken wing (by Graham), to then go in to a crusher tackle (Graham) whilst Walmsley then goes in for the joints of the knee.

All were just a bit clumsy and I’d be very surprised if any bans came out of it but we’d be crucified for that sequence.

Clumsy gets bans, have done for a fair while now.
Re: Walmsley Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:39 pm  

NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

NSW wrote:
If Terry O’Connor doesn’t go “ooooo that’s a shocker that” it’s not a crusher tackle.

Is basically it yes. I’m not sure what my eyes are seeing each week because things look crystal clear but it’s one rule for one and a totally different set of rules for others. How Brad Fash avoids a ban last week and just gets a caution is simply beyond me. The same for Jordan Lane the week before. To me it’s simply a case of not banning players for team who are short on numbers in their cases.

Anybody any ideas why James Graham got about 5 minutes to patch a cut up early doors tonight? Other than the fact it’s James Graham of course. If that’s a young kid, he’s off to the blood bin within 30 seconds.
Next