WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled

Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31551
https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... -cancelled

Friday night’s Betfred Super League fixture between Huddersfield Giants and Castleford Tigers has been cancelled after the Tigers this morning reported 12 positive Covid-19 tests.

The RFL and Super League will today liaise with Public Health England, Castleford Tigers and the Tigers’ last opponents, Leeds Rhinos, before the Multiple Case Group meets to consider the data and decide next steps.

Super League and the RFL are actively exploring all options and will make a further announcement as soon as practicable.

Castleford’s tests were conducted on Tuesday 27 October. The results of this week’s testing across all clubs will be provided as soon as complete information is available.

Notes:

The Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers was due to kick-off on Friday at 1730 at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Friday’s matches on Sky Sports at the Totally Wicked Stadium are:

Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils 1730

St Helens v Wigan Warriors 1945
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1506
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Wolves v Salford off as well now, Salford saying they can't put a team out, game forfeited and Wolves given 24-0 win.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 333
apollosghost wrote:
Wolves v Salford off as well now, Salford saying they can't put a team out, game forfeited and Wolves given 24-0 win.


Will we be forced to do the same with the Catalans game? In theory it was postponed and not cancelled but now France is looking to go into a 4 week lockdown.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2061
Location: Watching Rugby League
secondstanza wrote:
Will we be forced to do the same with the Catalans game? In theory it was postponed and not cancelled but now France is looking to go into a 4 week lockdown.


Ours was for covid reasons, I don't think Salfords is.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:25 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 333
Egg Chasing wrote:
Ours was for covid reasons, I don't think Salfords is.


They're saying they only have 13 fit players to field. If that's not Covid related then that's terrible.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:47 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14327
I don't understand why Salford can't loan players to fulfil the fixture. Didn't they change the rules to make this easier during COVID? There must be loads of players who were either expecting to play reserves or championship this year who would love to play and wouldn't let anyone down. We have the likes of Hankinson, Kilner, Borough and Pearce Paul on the sidelines who would be fine in that game and we know won't be required this Friday.
Last edited by Grimmy on Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:48 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1789
Location: In the sky with diamonds
secondstanza wrote:
They're saying they only have 13 fit players to field. If that's not Covid related then that's terrible.


Completely agree.

OT, but everyone saying "why would Watson leave Salford" needs to take a really hard look at the above. There's a great 1 - 18, but after that? Where are the systems and support structure needed to facilitate a 1st team that's competing for finals?

Let's not sugar coat it - it's an absolute disgrace that something like this can happen in SL.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:52 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1789
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Grimmy wrote:
I don't understand why Salford can't loan players to fulfil the fixture. Didn't they change the rules to make this easier during COVID? There must be loads of players who were either expecting to play reserves or championship this year who would love to play and wouldn't let anyone down.


Exactly.

You can throw 2/3rds of a Toronto side into the equation too.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:54 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14327
sergeant pepper wrote:
Completely agree.

OT, but everyone saying "why would Watson leave Salford" needs to take a really hard look at the above. There's a great 1 - 18, but after that? Where are the systems and support structure needed to facilitate a 1st team that's competing for finals?

Let's not sugar coat it - it's an absolute disgrace that something like this can happen in SL.

They made the last two finals on offer - therefore they clearly had good enough resources to compete for finals. I agree it appears poor though unless we learn anything more. I don't understand it as they definitely fielded reserves at the start of the year and as above I don't get why they don't loan players. I'm guessing there must be something we're missing.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Huddersfield v Cas Cancelled Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:11 pm  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6191
Location: Wigan
Salford have no academy. Their reserves were part time and have all been let go.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JIMMY MAGNETS, Moe syslak, S_Riley and 75 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,27265278,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X