Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Hastings is staying

Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:37 am  

User avatartugglesf78 wrote:
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

MattyB wrote:
you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:43 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

tugglesf78 wrote:
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/hastings-to-stay-at-wigan-despite-interest-from-nrl-and-super-league-34578/

Brilliant news

Call me pessimistic but the wording written by the journalist seems a lot more emphatic than the actual quotes "He is weighing things up, I think he may stay for at least another year." I hope he does stay though and looks more likely now than it did at the start of the year.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:45 am  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Stay for at least another year.

That means he is open to staying longer / getting a new longer deal at Wigan
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:53 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Translation - nobody in the NRL is interested.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NSW wrote:
Translation - nobody in the NRL is interested.

Good
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:02 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Grimmy wrote:
Call me pessimistic but the wording written by the journalist seems a lot more emphatic than the actual quotes "He is weighing things up, I think he may stay for at least another year." I hope he does stay though and looks more likely now than it did at the start of the year.

Got to agree. If you wanted to really scrutinise it, then it's hardly a firm statement;

“I think, at this stage, he is keen to have another year over there and that’s what I have said to clubs who have come to us. We will play it by ear – there is certainly no rush.”

"There is still a lot of potential activity to happen here. He is weighing things up,”

“I think he may stay for at least another year."

Certainly a step forward, but not the type of statement that puts the rumours to bed.

Have to say it's absolute trash journalism too - more wishy-washy than fact finding and devoid of any challenges to the agent. It specifically doesn't mention Wigan and surely that would have been the next logical question to ask?
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:15 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sounds like we’ve a fair chance of keeping him here next year but it’s certainly not a given. You wonder if the Hull link came about to coincide with their play for Ian Watson.
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:28 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Sounds like we’ve a fair chance of keeping him here next year but it’s certainly not a given. You wonder if the Hull link came about to coincide with their play for Ian Watson.

I know I'm going over old ground here, but the Hull link is baffling. We had no indication that he's got anything other than an NRL release clause.

A lot of Wigan fans (me included) would be rightly cheesed off if he moved to another SL club. It either means the original statement from the club wasn't the whole truth, or they've decided to let him leave. Either one would be an own goal as JH is a fine player and, if he wants to stay in the UK, the club needs to make sure he stays with us.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Yeah I can't see us letting him go to another SL club whilst under contract unless they paid a significant fee or we had someone ready to sign who we wanted more. We loaned Taylor out to Salford rather than release him early to Hull FC. Likewise we loaned Hock out to Widnes rather than release him from his contract when he wanted to join Penrith. Matty Smith being allowed to leave for Saints would be the exception but I think he had built up a lot of goodwill to make that happen, and was likely only allowed to go because we wanted the cap space for Leuluai.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Hastings is staying Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I also think his agent just saying "Hastings will stay over there" maybe leaves the door open for RU clubs to make him an offer? He doesn't explicitly say he will stay with Wigan.
Next