RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Season Tickets
Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 684
Location: smelly warrington unfortunately
Has anyone heard when the season tickets are going on sale,any information greatly appreciated
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:18 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2649
Location: Watching Rugby League
warrior1872 wrote:
Has anyone heard when the season tickets are going on sale,any information greatly appreciated


:lol:
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:19 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:59 pm
Posts: 1355
We need an announcement
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:25 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 684
Location: smelly warrington unfortunately
Egg Chasing wrote:
:lol:

What's so funny you plank,it's a similar question that needed a simple response,other teams have announced their season ticket plans
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:27 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2649
Location: Watching Rugby League
warrior1872 wrote:
What's so funny you plank,it's a similar question that needed a simple response,other teams have announced their season ticket plans


Well good for them. They probably have ticket staff too.

Seeing as we won't get to a game for at least 3 months, STs are probably the last thing on yhe clubs mind and rightfully so.
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:47 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25064
Location: WIGAN
I’m sure they will be on their minds but at the same time they’ll probably see no need to rush. They’re going to have to sell them on some sort of pro rata basis you’d imagine and at best it looks like fans won’t be in for the first couple of home games. The lack of a ticket office to sell them from will delay matters also.

I wonder if they might end up just selling tickets game to game for this season. It may be a case that only 2,000-3,000 are allowed in early doors in to lockdown easing, so it would take a headache of choosing who gets in away, just doing them on some sort of game by game ballot.
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:08 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2649
Location: Watching Rugby League
NickyKiss wrote:
I’m sure they will be on their minds but at the same time they’ll probably see no need to rush. They’re going to have to sell them on some sort of pro rata basis you’d imagine and at best it looks like fans won’t be in for the first couple of home games. The lack of a ticket office to sell them from will delay matters also.

I wonder if they might end up just selling tickets game to game for this season. It may be a case that only 2,000-3,000 are allowed in early doors in to lockdown easing, so it would take a headache of choosing who gets in away, just doing them on some sort of game by game ballot.


Those who gave the money back will have a ST for this season. Those who asked for a refund won't. They'll then decide based on how many fans we can have whether to sell tickets to individual games.
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14908
I'm not convinced there will be season tickets this year. There is no incentive for the club to offer them when they know they will comfortably sell out whatever reduced capacity we are permitted when crowds return. Plus it removes any potential headaches caused by deciding which season ticket holders are allowed in (presuming they sell thousands and are initially allowed less in attendance) and working out refunds for games held behind closed doors, at neutral venues, postponed or cancelled. Better for them just to sell individual tickets at full price until we're allowed full capacity.
Last edited by Grimmy on Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:43 pm  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2649
Location: Watching Rugby League
Grimmy wrote:
I'm not convinced there will be season tickets this year. There is no incentive for the club to offer them when they know they will comfortably sell out whatever reduced capacity we are permitted when crowds return. Plus it removes any potential headaches caused by deciding which season ticket holders are allowed in (presuming they sell thousands and are initially allowed less in attendance) and working out refunds for games held behind closed doors, at neutral venues, postponed or cancelled. Better for them just to sell individual tickets at full price until we're allowed full capacity.


Nail. Head.

Or alternatively....


Bloody rubbish Wigan.
Re: Season Tickets Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:46 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25064
Location: WIGAN
Grimmy wrote:
I'm not convinced there will be season tickets this year. There is no incentive for the club to offer them when they know they will comfortably sell out whatever reduced capacity we are permitted when crowds return. Plus it removes any potential headaches caused by deciding which season ticket holders are allowed in (presuming they sell thousands and are initially allowed less in attendance) and working out refunds for games held behind closed doors, at neutral venues, postponed or cancelled. Better for them just to sell individual tickets at full price until we're allowed full capacity.


The more I think about it, the more I think it may be the case. Season tickets come at a reduced cost for the ticket holder than if they were to go to every game and pay on the gate, so it takes headaches on refunds away and they will be getting top whack for each ticket they sell. The kids season tickets at £40 or whatever they are must account for a fair percentage of our overall season ticket holders and if the club instead sells kids tickets at a tenner or whatever per match, they’ll be earning good money on both adults and kids tickets and can keep evaluating the situation with maybe the possibility of selling half season tickets.

I suppose the risk would be getting past season ticket holders back in the future but that risk is there anyway.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darwen Warrior, eddieH, Egg Chasing, Google Adsense [Bot], Lazy J, MadDogg, Malooo, Salty, sergeant pepper, SubjectNine, verbatim and 197 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,143,5531,46378,5444,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sun 18th Apr
NRL RND: 6 St.George14-20NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 6 NQL Cowboys30-18Canterbury
CH RND: 2 Bradford27-26Halifax
CH RND: 2 Swinton6-36Featherstone
CH RND: 2 Whitehaven29-20Newcastle
CH RND: 2 York14-20Sheffield
WSL RND: 1 BradfordW0-86St.HelensW
WSL RND: 1 WiganW52-8Wire W
WSL RND: 1 CastlefordW40-6FeatherstoneW
WSL RND: 1 LeedsW68-16YorkW
SL RND: 3 Hull FC14-14Warrington
Sat 17th Apr
CH RND: 2 Toulouse24-0LondonB
NRL RND: 6 Manly36-0Gold Coast
NRL RND: 6 Souths18-14Wests
NRL RND: 6 Canberra10-35Parramatta
CH RND: 2 Batley48-10Oldham
CH RND: 2 Widnes14-22Dewsbury
SL RND: 3 Catalans42-6Salford
Fri 16th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Newcastle26-22Cronulla
NRL RND: 6 Melbourne20-4Sydney
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 6
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 6 160 38 122 12
Parramatta 6 151 90 61 10
Souths 6 161 74 87 10
Sydney 6 164 78 86 8
Melbourne 6 160 74 86 8
St.George 6 143 107 36 8
 
Canberra 6 113 125 -12 6
Newcastle 6 127 142 -15 6
NZ Warriors 6 113 116 -3 6
Gold Coast 6 124 115 9 6
Cronulla 6 126 120 6 4
NQL Cowboys 6 100 189 -89 4
Manly 6 83 168 -85 4
Brisbane 6 80 147 -67 2
Wests 6 108 178 -70 2
Canterbury 6 52 204 -152 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 3 88 12 76 6 733.33 100.00
Wigan 3 73 30 43 6 243.33 100.00
Castleford 3 91 38 53 6 239.47 100.00
Catalans 3 91 44 47 6 206.82 100.00
Hull FC 3 71 28 43 5 253.57 83.33
Warrington 3 70 47 23 3 148.94 50.00
 
Leeds 3 44 59 -15 2 74.58 33.33
Hull KR 3 53 78 -25 2 67.95 33.33
Huddersfield 3 44 67 -23 0 65.67 0.00
Leigh 3 46 116 -70 0 39.66 0.00
Wakefield 3 34 96 -62 0 35.42 0.00
Salford 3 16 106 -90 0 15.09 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Sheffield 2 70 26 44 4
Toulouse 2 45 6 39 4
Featherstone 2 64 24 40 4
Dewsbury 2 39 22 17 4
Halifax 2 73 41 32 2
Oldham 2 38 68 -30 2
 
Whitehaven 2 37 37 0 2
Batley 2 66 38 28 2
Bradford 2 39 76 -37 2
Newcastle 2 50 59 -9 1
Widnes 2 44 52 -8 1
Swinton 2 26 64 -38 0
York 2 20 41 -21 0
LondonB 2 14 71 -57 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
 
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
St.HelensW 1 86 0 86 2
LeedsW 1 68 16 52 2
WiganW 1 52 8 44 2
CastlefordW 1 40 6 34 2
WakefieldW 0 0 0 0 0
Hudds W 0 0 0 0 0
 
FeatherstoneW 1 6 40 -34 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0
BradfordW 1 0 86 -86 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X