WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA

Board index Other Forums Other Sports O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 6059
I know it's another sport but just seen the FA have decided not to punish Mcmanaman's tackle from the weekend! I know the RFL are getting a few stuff wrong and should be doing a better job but when you see a pretty outrageous decision like this from the governing body of the most popular sport in the country, makes you think that maybe the RFL aren't the worst governing body out there.
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 pm  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Bull Mania wrote:
I know it's another sport but just seen the FA have decided not to punish Mcmanaman's tackle from the weekend! I know the RFL are getting a few stuff wrong and should be doing a better job but when you see a pretty outrageous decision like this from the governing body of the most popular sport in the country, makes you think that maybe the RFL aren't the worst governing body out there.


Lies, the RFL is the worst thing going, we all know it! :roll:

Regarding the tackle though, it was a shocker. To be fair to the referee he couldn't see it properly because of a blocked view, it's the linesman who was 10 yards away and saw it and did nothing (and means the FA can't do nothing apparently) that is the problem. A problem we suffer from quite often I think in that the refs in RL don't get great support from their touch judges.

The rules they've put in place means that if ONE of the officals spot it they can't take any retrospective action, however perhaps they should change it to just if the main referee doesn't spot it because the assistants in most sports seem to be useless.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 6059
ThePrinter wrote:
Lies, the RFL is the worst thing going, we all know it! :roll:

Regarding the tackle though, it was a shocker. To be fair to the referee he couldn't see it properly because of a blocked view, it's the linesman who was 10 yards away and saw it and did nothing (and means the FA can't do nothing apparently) that is the problem. A problem we suffer from quite often I think in that the refs in RL don't get great support from their touch judges.

The rules they've put in place means that if ONE of the officals spot it they can't take any retrospective action, however perhaps they should change it to just if the main referee doesn't spot it because the assistants in most sports seem to be useless.


Makes me laugh the comments they have come out with though. They said if they took retrospective action on one tackle, they would be looking at all the tackles every Monday morning. The RFL do this on a much smaller budget than the FA? In all their "backing the referee" line they spout, they seemed to have forgotten one thing, player safety.
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 pm  

User avatarHim wrote:
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14964
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
Seems a bit daft. I don't think he meant it but it was still very dangerous, a 2/3 game ban along with a warning and a harsh ban for any dangerous tackles he commits in the future would be about right for me.
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm  

ThePrinter wrote:
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11412
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Gets more laughable, the Newcastle assistant coach HAS been charged for his behaviour at half-time in confronting Mcmanaman.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm  

User avatarStarbug wrote:
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33944
Location: watching out for low flying geese
He went for the ball , and got the ball , it was an accident , a warning would be the right action , in fact there were several deliberate tackles done by Newcastle players later in the match that could have resulted in players being sent off

As for the Newcastle assistant , the correct action again
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 pm  

User avatarStarbug wrote:
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33944
Location: watching out for low flying geese
ThePrinter wrote:
Gets more laughable, the Newcastle assistant coach HAS been charged for his behaviour at half-time in confronting Mcmanaman.


So you want to see a ' free for all ' of coaching staff charging onto the pitch confronting players at half time ?
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 am  

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Posts: 988
Location: Wigan
The tackle was bad and McManaman should have walked but Wigan lost Miyaichi to a bad challenge vs Everton in the semi last week and nothing was said. Several reds rescinded after Wigan have lost matches when being a man down and nothing said.

All due to big club vs small club. The refs aren't intentionally biased but they do tend to favour the big boys. The premier league would love little, poorly supported Wigan to get relegated in favour of someone like Leeds.

Anyway, as they say, these things even out over the season and it's Wigan's turn to get the lucky breaks at the moment.
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6396
The FA are right and the RFL should have a look at this. Regardless of your opinion of the tackle re-refereeing is something that should correctly be awarded. Look at the Nick Scruton tackle against Castleford. Nothing wrong with it Stee Ganson asks the video ref (Silverwood) to check it and he states "nothing in it" (it was audible on the Sky Sports coverage). Meaning the two top refs in the country deem it to be fair but the video panel sited him on the Mon. Motivated by what I don't know hopefully not comments by biased people like Danny Lockwood in League Weekly.

Subsequently Scruton is cleared at the hearing but some face saving takes place that sees him 200 quid out of pocket. Total waste of time and a public slap in the face for the officials on the field.

In times of austerity we should be cutting down on waste. Maybe if they stopped such wastage the RFL might have some cash to advertise the World Cup?
Re: O/T Mcmanaman's tackle/FA Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:18 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6396
Btw it was a fair tackle The Wigan player won the ball and Carver was out of order
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Other Sports


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,104,1781,11078,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X