WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints v Catalans

Board index Super League Wakefield Trinity Saints v Catalans

Re: Saints v Catalans Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm  

User avatarhomme vaste wrote:
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm
Posts: 1813
Location: Tomorrowland
try scorer wrote:
Yea th :SHOOT: e game as gone soft old lad same teams win only way to beat em is to get stuck in while soft prats like you comments like you it will always be the few you might be happy I'm not old cock


Yeah alright old boy, lets just accept high shots then, doesn`t really matter about player welfare does it, maybe they should stop being soft prats? Again, the likes of Ian Roberts should stop being soft, after all its only brain damage isn't it?

Concussions are becoming a massive part of our game, they were before, fortunate now science highlights it and we can do something about it to help protect our players from developing conditions like CTE, we have introduced the HIA tests and the mandatory rest periods which is a step in the right direction, some we cannot control but the majority we can in terms of contact with the head, which by the way is illegal in our game - But lets get "Stuck in" with the head shots for your entertainment.

Players are now speaking out about it as well, guessing they were reluctant before as they would be called "Soft prats" by idiots like you that haven't quite moved on with the times, unfortunately for you the majority have.
Re: Saints v Catalans Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 680
Ozz R L as moved on as well .Banning the leg pulling tackle and the head high .And fans wonder why they are miles in front of us.Catalan are a disgrace to rugby league
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 am  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20557
try scorer wrote:
Yea th :SHOOT: e game as gone soft old lad same teams win only way to beat em is to get stuck in while soft prats like you comments like you it will always be the few you might be happy I'm not old cock
come on are you that much of a neanderthal that you cant tell the differance between a hard tackle and a cheap shot
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am  

RickK wrote:
RickK Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 am
Posts: 361
snowie wrote:
come on are you that much of a neanderthal that you cant tell the differance between a hard tackle and a cheap shot



Neanderthal intelligence and behaviour
Despite their reputation as being primitive 'cavemen', Neanderthals were actually very intelligent and accomplished humans. These were no 'ape-men'. So it's unfair to them that the word Neanderthal is used as an insult today.
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 29456
Location: Poodle Power!
RickK wrote:
Neanderthal intelligence and behaviour
Despite their reputation as being primitive 'cavemen', Neanderthals were actually very intelligent and accomplished humans. These were no 'ape-men'. So it's unfair to them that the word Neanderthal is used as an insult today.


You’re wrong. The Neanderthal was not a successful or especially intelligent form of human, in fact technically they were not human, the only true human being Homo sapiens, close but no cigar.

They were pure Hunter gatherers and predominantly cave dwellers, troglodytes in other words. They inhabited the fringes of the natural world having been forced out of the more inhabitable areas by you know who.

Unlike humans they showed no propensity to advance, had no long term strategy and in every respect were outclassed by said humans. There only advantage was a modestly superior physicality and an ability to survive a harsh climate. Humans overcame both by inventing better weapons, better shelters, better cloth and so on.

This superiority eventually led to humans colonising all parts of the planet. The Neanderthal could not compete at any level and were soon wiped it. They were one of nature’s dead ends, a stop gap at best.

People attempt to give the Neanderthal an air of nobility when in fact they were a marginalised highly inbred species almost continually on the edge of extinction even before Homo sapiens caught up with them. Compared to humans, well, there is no comparison.

So in conclusion, I’d say to be called Neanderthal is very much an insult. HTH.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:20 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 15028
vastman wrote:
Maybe but why compound the error.

Cold hard facts, which many RL fans and the British people in general struggle to grasp is that the sums don’t add up.

RL needs cash and it needs it now. Forget TV money that bonanza has gone, all this BT stuff is day dreaming. Even if BT wanted SL why pay more than SKY who I don’t believe to be that fussed.

No we need teams who bring fans to games both home and away. Now is the time to consolidate not speculate.

So no for me, salvation lays at Post office road these days not the Riviera.


Fev would be great for us (and them), no question but, what about the bigger picture and attracting investment into the game.
They are not exactly and advertisers dream and whilst we would get two very good derby fixtures out of it, which we could certainly do with (assuming that fans are allowed to attend), do you think that their inclusion is a forward step for the game overall ?
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:55 am  
imwakefieldtillidie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 1743
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I don’t want Catalan to win because they are dangerous but can someone explain the difference between our disallowed try for Hampshire being offside compared to the one just awarded to St Helens.


Because no Catalans player challenged for the ball.
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 am  

RickK wrote:
RickK Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 am
Posts: 361
vastman wrote:
You’re wrong. The Neanderthal was not a successful or especially intelligent form of human, in fact technically they were not human, the only true human being Homo sapiens, close but no cigar.

They were pure Hunter gatherers and predominantly cave dwellers, troglodytes in other words. They inhabited the fringes of the natural world having been forced out of the more inhabitable areas by you know who.

Unlike humans they showed no propensity to advance, had no long term strategy and in every respect were outclassed by said humans. There only advantage was a modestly superior physicality and an ability to survive a harsh climate. Humans overcame both by inventing better weapons, better shelters, better cloth and so on.

This superiority eventually led to humans colonising all parts of the planet. The Neanderthal could not compete at any level and were soon wiped it. They were one of nature’s dead ends, a stop gap at best.

People attempt to give the Neanderthal an air of nobility when in fact they were a marginalised highly inbred species almost continually on the edge of extinction even before Homo sapiens caught up with them. Compared to humans, well, there is no comparison.

So in conclusion, I’d say to be called Neanderthal is very much an insult. HTH.


Take your argument up with the Natural History Museum.

They are close ancestors and if the historians are correct using the term Neanderthal to suggest thick is incorrect in their view. As for hunter gathers and cave dwellers I'm not sure what the career prospects and housing situation was in that era but maybe they were doing okay for Neanderthals
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 am  

User avatarsnowie wrote:
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Posts: 20557
RickK wrote:
Neanderthal intelligence and behaviour
Despite their reputation as being primitive 'cavemen', Neanderthals were actually very intelligent and accomplished humans. These were no 'ape-men'. So it's unfair to them that the word Neanderthal is used as an insult today.
Neanderthal, cave man, knuckle dragger put any word in you want if you think dilibrate swinging of the arm to take someones head off is a hardness then I'd say your looking at the game wrong

sorry you feel affended but I think you get my jist
Re: Saints v Catalans Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:22 pm  

User avatarWillzay wrote:
Willzay User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Posts: 10253
RickK wrote:
Neanderthal intelligence and behaviour
Despite their reputation as being primitive 'cavemen', Neanderthals were actually very intelligent and accomplished humans. These were no 'ape-men'. So it's unfair to them that the word Neanderthal is used as an insult today.


Indeed. They managed to build Wheldon Road.
Profit over Lives - The Tory way
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: senoj and 91 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wakefield Trinity


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,27265278,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X