Post subject: Positivity
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ok we have all had our say. We have let it be known what we think whether that be right or wrong.

The general gist seems to be that although injuries are playing a massive part in what’s happening the team or what’s left of it is underperforming and quite seriously on occasions. Am I about right?

Whether anyone in the team reads what’s posted on here I don’t know, I wouldn’t if I were them.

Whatever the case complaining or home truth whatever you wish to call them will only get you so far before they become a huge negative.

As fans all we can now do is back the players and the coaches. Wipe the slate clean, the last for weeks never happened. After all if we don’t keep the faith then it’s not going to encourage the players, it will just feed their anxiety.

Remember a lot of these lads are very young, they may look like men but they are still pretty green where life is concerned. None as far as I know have ever had a real job. I know that sounds a bit condescending but sport is a rarified world where you are protected to some extent from the real world.

Any way less of the deep stuff. We need to cheer them on from start to finish the week, that is our job. They need to respond that is their job, the fight back starts now and it has to be all of us.

Up the Trin.

Post subject: Re: Positivity
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:00 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Fishermanscap wrote:Ok we have all had our say. We have let it be known what we think whether that be right or wrong.

The general gist seems to be that although injuries are playing a massive part in what’s happening the team or what’s left of it is underperforming and quite seriously on occasions. Am I about right?

Whether anyone in the team reads what’s posted on here I don’t know, I wouldn’t if I were them.

Whatever the case complaining or home truth whatever you wish to call them will only get you so far before they become a huge negative.

As fans all we can now do is back the players and the coaches. Wipe the slate clean, the last for weeks never happened. After all if we don’t keep the faith then it’s not going to encourage the players, it will just feed their anxiety.

Remember a lot of these lads are very young, they may look like men but they are still pretty green where life is concerned. None as far as I know have ever had a real job. I know that sounds a bit condescending but sport is a rarified world where you are protected to some extent from the real world.

Any way less of the deep stuff. We need to cheer them on from start to finish the week, that is our job. They need to respond that is their job, the fight back starts now and it has to be all of us.

Up the Trin.

Not what I expected Fisher, completely agree with you here.

“Yeah, I’ve been about a bit”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:10 am 
Strong-running second rower

Agree with the OP.
Need to look forward and get behind the team. Starting (again) Friday.
Up the Trin!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

In reply to the op.
Forums are always used for either a moan or a "celebration" after a decent win.
It's great that everyone has an opinion about selections, certain player performances and style of play (or lack of it).
When it comes to match day, we are always back to backing the players that are wearing the Trinity shirt and giving as much support as we can.

Friday is a huge game, for both sides and with some strong home support, I believe that "we" can make the difference.
Get the North Stand rocking and the boys will respond.

The Huddersfield board is more despondent than ours so were already wining :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:00 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Been told from a reliable source that Tupou and Ashurst are both likely to be back on Friday and Chessie is quoted in today's League Express saying that Fifita should be okay too :PRAY: :PRAY:

M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:42 pm 

FIL wrote:Been told from a reliable source that Tupou and Ashurst are both likely to be back on Friday and Chessie is quoted in today's League Express saying that Fifita should be okay too :PRAY: :PRAY:

Praise the Lord.... :BOW:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:10 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

What makes the plunge in form so hard to take in is just how well we were doing (London away excepted) before that fateful home game against Wigan. The world was our lobster as Delboy used to say: lying 3rd in Super League and putting some great performances together....................AND THEN!!!!! What makes it so hard to take in is that the Club that brought about our downfall are now climbing the table. Ironic isn't it?????

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

FIL wrote:Been told from a reliable source that Tupou and Ashurst are both likely to be back on Friday and Chessie is quoted in today's League Express saying that Fifita should be okay too :PRAY: :PRAY:

That would be a huge boost for the team and all of us in the stands! :PRAY:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:03 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NEtrinity wrote:That would be a huge boost for the team and all of us in the stands! :PRAY:

It would but you can’t expect miracles especially from Tupou who hasn’t played in month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shudds are likely to be in the same situation with Cudjoe, who is also likely to be back ?

M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!!

Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.

It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:00 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com